Welker Makes Manning elite?

Favorite_Toon

Please Help me with this... So Eli is an elite Qb now.... But if Welker catches that football.. game over... So since welker drops the pass... and giants go onto win.... now Eli is an elite qb? Dont see the Logic in that....

Marino has no rings... but better then.... Dilfer... rothlisberger... namath... to name a few... you get my point..

Your logic is just brilliant.

If Welker catches the ball on the 25 with 4 minutes left and a Giants timeout, it is absolutely guaranteed that the Patriots score a touchdown 100 out of 100 times?

And even if they don't, and the Giants get the ball back, the guy who has won the game in the 4th quarter 9 times this year and has more 4th quarter touchdowns than any QB in history is 100% not going to score, right?

Do you "what if" people actually proof read these bizarre posts before you publish them?

No one could say for sure if Welker were to catch that ball it would be game over. Too many other variables involved. Maybe if Brady threw the ball a little better and realized he was tossing it to his midget WR and not Randy Moss it might have been easier to catch. Eli shined in the spotlight, Brady did not. Simple as that.

Please Help me with this... So Eli is an elite Qb now.... But if Welker catches that football.. game over... So since welker drops the pass... and giants go onto win.... now Eli is an elite qb? Dont see the Logic in that....

Marino has no rings... but better then.... Dilfer... rothlisberger... namath... to name a few... you get my point..

Word.

Welker makes that catch, assuming they win (i.e. fumbled snap), he is still great and Eli is being gutted for burning two TOs that colud have been used to save time.

It is a fickle world.

Welker catching that ball only guaranteed one thing - a first down. There was still 4 minutes left, the Giants still had a timeout and the QB that led the league in 4th quarter comebacks. Frankly, nothing is ever guaranteed in football until the clock says :00

All the conjecture in the fallout of the Welker drop is retarded.

That's like saying what if the Jets stopped the Steelers on 3rd and 5 in last years AFCCG, and Sanchez drove the ball for the winning score, and took the Jets to their first SB appearance since 1968, are we still all arguing if Sanchez is gonna be good?

NE might have still only ended up with a FG (5 pt lead). Vagiants scored a TD, in large part due to some absolutely perfect passes in miniscule windows (a couple on 3rd down). Those passes on the last drive weren't a series of completions from one wide-open receiver after another.

It was a great pass, but keep it in its proper context.

Several of ESPN experts said Chung was too far inside and could not recover in time. Manningham had Moore beat by a good yard and Chung came in late to knock him out of bounds.

The rest of the passes were wide open. He gets props for hitting his guys. Especially when Brady had accuracy issues.

It was a great pass, but keep it in its proper context.

Several of ESPN experts said Chung was too far inside and could not recover in time. Manningham had Moore beat by a good yard and Chung came in late to knock him out of bounds.

The rest of the passes were wide open. He gets props for hitting his guys. Especially when Brady had accuracy issues.

The pass was perfect and for the rest of that drive you must not have been watching your own team in the SB. The pass to Cruz on 3rd down, for instance, everyone in the house thought was picked off it was so tight in there.

Welker catching that ball only guaranteed one thing - a first down. There was still 4 minutes left, the Giants still had a timeout and the QB that led the league in 4th quarter comebacks. Frankly, nothing is ever guaranteed in football until the clock says :00

All the conjecture in the fallout of the Welker drop is retarded.

^^^^ Hence Mr. Integrity. Eli is a damn good QB, arguably top 5 and certainly top 10.

I don't think his point was whether Welker's catch would have sealed the game. I think his point was that the perception of Eli being an "elite" quarterback and Hall of Famer is such a fragile thing that easily could have broken if Welker makes that catch and the Giants go on to lose the game. He's the same QB either way but, in one instance he's the greatest thing on two legs and in the other he's the quarterback of a team that was seven and seven and being excoriated by many people, made a lucky run in the playoffs aided by a rookie punt returner and LOST a Super Bowl while only scoring fourteen points (which was INCREDIBLY close to happening)

If Welker makes that catch the Giants are almost definitely losing that game and if any of you say that you would bet the other way, I want to know what odds you'd be taking back. Definitely not even money.

Let's not even discuss the fact that in all of "Eli Manning's" playoff wins, his team gave up less than twenty points. Most games the opposing offense scored 17 or less. He's a the quarterback of a team that has played great defense, not Bob Gibson.

As far as him being "elite", I have no idea what that means, so he may very well be.

The pass was perfect and for the rest of that drive you must not have been watching your own team in the SB. The pass to Cruz on 3rd down, for instance, everyone in the house thought was picked off it was so tight in there.

It was, but it was not in a tight spot as Manningham beat the coverage and Chung was out of position.

Here is the YouTube link for the final drive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZA3JE_ISrE

Props to the Giants for making the plays, but there was no tight coverage.

"Unless they get the ring their praises we shall not sing."

It was, but it was not in a tight spot as Manningham beat the coverage and Chung was out of position.

Here is the YouTube link for the final drive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZA3JE_ISrE

Props to the Giants for making the plays, but there was no tight coverage.

I'm not again watching Puke Team 1 playing against Puke Team 2. A couple of the mongoloid's throws were in tight coverage in clutch situatons. Hell of a lot tighter than on Brady's misfire to Welker (which, yes, a premiere receiver should catch in that situation regardless).

I have found that "What if" questions are meaningless. What if Norwood didn't miss that last second field goal agains the Giants in SB 25? What if the refs didn't make that ridiculous "tuck rule" call that enabled the Pats to win that playoff game against the Raiders? Etc. etc. etc.

While I don't think Eli is a prolific QB in terms of arm strength or mobility, I think he is one of the smartest QBs. The Giants won, in large part, because Eli didn't make a whole lot of mistakes. Phil Simms was the same way. He moved the chains, didn't turn the ball over, and threw it away when he had to.

Also, there isn't a whole lot of talk about the Giants' D, which I thought did a great job in neutralizing those short, timing pattern passes that Brady likes to throw. In fact, many of the passes that Brady threw were dropped because, in my opinion, the Giants' D threw off Brady's timing with some brilliant man/zone schemes.

Anyway, the Giants won, which most NYers are happy about (although I think Jets fans are happier more because the Pats lost).

Dear Jets Fans,

I am a pats fan and just exiting my depression to losing to the Giants, and to Eli "I have a horse-shoe up my a$$" Manning.. I searched for someone who is feeling worse than us pats fans and can only think of you guys (sorry)... But we still probably feel worse than you...

Anyways, you guys are all right... Not to sound bitter, but Eli being Elite is only a concept that Giants fans will push on the rest of the NFL fans... Most knowledgeable fans (non-giant fans) will not even entertain this idea that Eli is elite and a H.O.F... The real fact is there are 4 elite QBs: Brady, Peyton, Rodgers, Brees.. second-tier: Flacco, Eli, Roethlisberger, Cam Newton and some others arguably... sorry, left sanchize out of the second-tier (for now).... just think about winning in general Eli is 69-50 over his career (reg season).. he has less total passing yards than Jon Kitna.... He and his defense got hot/lucky in 2007 and this year... he has been one and done any other time they made the playoffs if they even made it...

Eli has a great defense behind him... Tom brady had one of the worst defenses in NFL history playing and he won 15 out of 19 games... the pats were dropping 30 or 40 points upto the point they faced the ravens/giants D... Not saying that we deserved the S.B., we didn't make the plays and got lucky in the AFC championship... but to actually put Eli manning in the class of tom brady/peyton because he sneaked into 2 SBs is just ridiculous... The real fact is you have to be great just to get there and get some lucky breaks... or you can be good enough and be extremely lucky (eli's case)... you are at the mercy of fortune...

I can think of a few different cases where if one play was made the outcome of legacies would be different... not only welker's drop, mannigham's catch was great (but that was tyree like catch), they fumbled it 3 freakin' times and we didn't recover... even the hail mary was a foot away from gronk's hands.. any of those plays go our way, we prob win and everyone is praising the pats/brady as the greatest ever... that's just stupid..

I know you guys are jets fans and i am aware that you hate pats and their fans and it must be frustrating to watch us two battle in SB... but i'm f'n tired of giants fans.. they are public enemy no. 1 for me... After they won the S.B. they were more focused on disrespecting the pats and Jets on a national scale.. I have lived/worked in NJ and NY as a pats fan so I have a good idea of the jets/giant fan base... the giants fans are going to be real A-holes for the next few months and will make your life miserable all the way upto the point to that Elite gets knocked out of playoff contention next year...

I can almost predict the future with the giants already.... Giants fans now have built up expectations in Eli and coughlin and will be stuck with them over the next few seasons and therefore will not be able to compete in the NFC for a long time... they'll have a real bad season (maybe even next year) and then giants fans will start calling for these guys heads -and then we can both laugh at them, call Eli a fluky QB (that really pisses of giants fans) and focus on beating the tar out of each other...

Good luck next year... ..

-still slightly bitter and optimistic pats fan

Good luck next year... ..

-still slightly bitter and optimistic pats fan

In truth, the real concern for Pats fans is that Tammi Brady came up real small when they really needed him. He'll be 35 next season, and if the SB is any indication, we've already seen the best Tammi Brady, and that was pre knee injury Brady. It gets worse from here

Ok.. giants fans.. your qb is elite... no, even better yet, he is the best QB in the league... he dominates except for those random 21 point losses to redskins at home.. but other than that... he's terrifying... he can drop dimes on you in a second with his eyes closed... he can make having downs syndrome actually look like a beautiful thing...

are you happy now? Now stop begging everyone for their approval of your fluky, mediocre QB? It just shows that you are not convinced of the very fact you are arguing...

kind of like us pats fans know that our QB is a great/ real elite qb and yours will disappear like other SB QBs like trent dilfer and brad johnson into nothingness..

not gonna wait around for anyone's reply... gonna cancel my membership to this pathetic forum... later -

repeat after me 8-8 ...

Archived