Free Agents who are we picking up?

BornJetsFan1983

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all know 'ol T bird likes to pick up free agents like a dentist picking up hookers in thialand, so we are we targeting and who are drafting?

I really hope that we go after Peyton Hillis and one solid lineman then draft a safety with our number one and grab some Line/tackle help...

No.

The Jets don't have a lot of money to make a splash don't expect one. Expect back up types to small contracts and builiding through the draft.

This is the way they should be going. They need depth badly. If a starter gets hurt no matter the position the Jets are in trouble at that spot. We need not to be making splashes this year. Sign some players for depth and trade down in the draft to pick up some more picks.

The thing I'm worried about most is safety right now. I think it's a huge no-no to replace both of your starting safeties in one season. However, Jim Leonhard is really the only one of the 3 that I would want back to start and he also happens to be the one with the injury problem.

So if he's still hurt, you really have no choice but to go get 2 new safeties. You can't run Smith out there for a 2nd straight season and Pool sucks too.

Either way, Safety needs to be considered a top priority. 1st round pick should be between Safety and Pass Rusher, whichever you prefer value-wise.

But overall, RT is the big position of need maybe overshadowing safety. Therefore, if we go for anyone that isn't on the team currently as a free agent, I say RT is priority #1. Then you move Hunter down to be your 7th man on the bench, behind Robert Turner. Maybe Hunter competes with Ducasse for that privilege. If they don't get a free agent RT, then they NEED to go out and pick a high ranked RT in the draft (of course, with value considered... if there's no RT on the board for us in round 1, no point in reaching... 2nd, 3rd or even 4th could do it.)

WR: You're set at #1 and #3.

So you need a #2. Personally, I draft a value WR wherever I can find him in the draft, prob. not 1st unless it's a guy who blows you away. So maybe a 3rd or 4th pick... but make sure he's not a slot WR. Needs to be a tall guy that stretches the field. If he's a project, that's OK. You have that project compete with Patrick Turner for #2. Loser is the #4 receiver. Problem solved on the cheap.

Even with all that, I feel like we still have one glaring problem: RB. Shonn Greene is not a feature back, neither is McKnight, neither is Powell. They need someone with speed here, and they need him badly.

The thing I'm worried about most is safety right now. I think it's a huge no-no to replace both of your starting safeties in one season. However, Jim Leonhard is really the only one of the 3 that I would want back to start and he also happens to be the one with the injury problem.

So if he's still hurt, you really have no choice but to go get 2 new safeties. You can't run Smith out there for a 2nd straight season and Pool sucks too.

Either way, Safety needs to be considered a top priority. 1st round pick should be between Safety and Pass Rusher, whichever you prefer value-wise.

But overall, RT is the big position of need maybe overshadowing safety. Therefore, if we go for anyone that isn't on the team currently as a free agent, I say RT is priority #1. Then you move Hunter down to be your 7th man on the bench, behind Robert Turner. Maybe Hunter competes with Ducasse for that privilege. If they don't get a free agent RT, then they NEED to go out and pick a high ranked RT in the draft (of course, with value considered... if there's no RT on the board for us in round 1, no point in reaching... 2nd, 3rd or even 4th could do it.)

WR: You're set at #1 and #3.

So you need a #2. Personally, I draft a value WR wherever I can find him in the draft, prob. not 1st unless it's a guy who blows you away. So maybe a 3rd or 4th pick... but make sure he's not a slot WR. Needs to be a tall guy that stretches the field. If he's a project, that's OK. You have that project compete with Patrick Turner for #2. Loser is the #4 receiver. Problem solved on the cheap.

Even with all that, I feel like we still have one glaring problem: RB. Shonn Greene is not a feature back, neither is McKnight, neither is Powell. They need someone with speed here, and they need him badly.

I agree with you about the Safety and the RB 100 percent.

well almost I dont think speed is the problem, McKnight is quick he is getting better, green is garbage. This guy sucks , well sucks as a everydown back, we need a bruiser, enter peyton hillis....

We all know 'ol T bird likes to pick up free agents like a dentist picking up hookers in thialand, so we are we targeting and who are drafting?

I really hope that we go after Peyton Hillis and one solid lineman then draft a safety with our number one and grab some Line/tackle help...

Are there instances of a new team giving a RB his 2nd (READ: BIG) contract and it actually working out?

In this day and age in the NFL, NONE one of it matters. No speedy RB or reliable WR no upgrade at one or both safety positions OR even the best RT coming out of college this April...................none of it matters unless we do better at QB.

Let's face it guys-Peyton is a pipe dream and besides Tannenbaum and Ryan both think that Mark Sanchez is a franchise QB-in-waiting so I figure the Jets are going to be battling the Bills for last place in the east anyway-sorry-don't hate me or call me the member of some Jets' player or new team hating team-I only can say what I truly believe in my heart-with Mark Sanchez as our starting quarterback at best the Jets are a 7-8 win team in 2012-remember I prefaced this with this: IN THIS DAY AND AGE IN THE NFL

In this day and age in the NFL, NONE one of it matters. No speedy RB or reliable WR no upgrade at one or both safety positions OR even the best RT coming out of college this April...................none of it matters unless we do better at QB.

Let's face it guys-Peyton is a pipe dream and besides Tannenbaum and Ryan both think that Mark Sanchez is a franchise QB-in-waiting so I figure the Jets are going to be battling the Bills for last place in the east anyway-sorry-don't hate me or call me the member of some Jets' player or new team hating team-I only can say what I truly believe in my heart-with Mark Sanchez as our starting quarterback at best the Jets are a 7-8 win team in 2012-remember I prefaced this with this: IN THIS DAY AND AGE IN THE NFL

Agree. We should just dial 1-800-Elite-QB and resolve the situation. It is that easy isn't it?

I hear what you’re saying. This will be a big year for the team, they are defiantly in transition. The Jets did win 13 games in 2010 with Sanchez as the starting QB. Yes the defense was great and the team was better but Sanchez was the QB then and deserves some credit.

I think we'll just have to hope the FO has a good offseason putting pieces in place like they had.

Archived