Tony Romo

Matt39

What is not true about what I said? Campbell started in Washington and got a changeof scenery with the Raiders. His numbers are not good. He turns the ball over just as much as Sanchez and has been in the league twice as long as Sanchez. he is not better than what we have at QB #1. He would be better than QB#2.

IMO, if they bring in Campbell, he poses a major threat to Sanchez. Rex saw what he was doing for the Raiders last season and the temptation to have him game-manage the Sparano offense would be too much for Rex to resist. He's a mature, low-maintenance personality that--while not especially dynamic--will fit with the ground and pound we're destined to see.

And, if you have a chance to get Romo, you get Romo. He's a cock who worries way too much about where the cameras are, but his playmaking ability is undeniable. Dallas' defense was beyond putrid last season, but Romo really carried that team to several wins by himself.

Dallas is 15-1 when their defense (and special teams) surrenders 10 pts or less with Romo.

Jets are 9-6 when their defense (and special teams) surrenders 10 points or less with Sanchez. And that doesn't even count the 16-13 debacle vs Buffalo in '09.

So while Romo has choked plenty, let's put some perspective on which choking QB is less reliable when the rest of the team shows up to play.

That 9-6 record should make every Jets fan throw up.

BACK TO BACK AFCCG appearances! 4th quarter comebacks! Top 5 pick! 24 years old! 30+ TDs (rushing and passing) this past year!

Why take it towards this direction? *Shrugs*

Seriously a difficult scenario if it would ever come to pass...watch many Cowboys games and live among the locals down here...Romo could be the worse choice to follow Sanchez and also the #1 QB who could thrive once he leaves Dallas. He just never had the confidence to "star" as the Cowboys QB. The expectations of the fan base expects a Staubach or Aikman while he performs more like Danny White.

With that said, Romo a stud QB who I expect will thrive in another setting. One poster mentioned Laurent Robinson and on that point Tony will make an average WR look golden. The guy can make all the throws and sometimes one too many but he competes.

The only hesitancy is the NY media and all that entails. Since the fumbled snap against Seattle the fans in Texas have been suspect on him and not sure how he would take playing in a tougher environment that is New York. Plus at some point he'd be limited by the antiquated offense we will get from Rex's G&P.

At this point I'd say pass. With that said he flourishes in a place like Tennessee.

IMO, if they bring in Campbell, he poses a major threat to Sanchez. Rex saw what he was doing for the Raiders last season and the temptation to have him game-manage the Sparano offense would be too much for Rex to resist. He's a mature, low-maintenance personality that--while not especially dynamic--will fit with the ground and pound we're destined to see.

^Jackpot^

Hopefully our newly acquired WR coach is screaming this in Rex's ear!

His season ending injury may make him affordable and Sanchez might be dumb enough to convince that he is just being brought in to hold a clipboard. This way he can pout only after he loses his job.

• 8 months later...

Romo looks more and more like he'll never be anything but a compiler with each passing season. He either plays well for 3 quarters and implodes in the 4th, or the moment any pressure is on him to win a big game, he blows it.

This...with the talent that surrounds him, he should be way better than what he has shown. The guy has mental lapses all over the place...

Seriously a difficult scenario if it would ever come to pass...watch many Cowboys games and live among the locals down here...Romo could be the worse choice to follow Sanchez and also the #1 QB who could thrive once he leaves Dallas. He just never had the confidence to "star" as the Cowboys QB. The expectations of the fan base expects a Staubach or Aikman while he performs more like Danny White.

With that said, Romo a stud QB who I expect will thrive in another setting. One poster mentioned Laurent Robinson and on that point Tony will make an average WR look golden. The guy can make all the throws and sometimes one too many but he competes.

The only hesitancy is the NY media and all that entails. Since the fumbled snap against Seattle the fans in Texas have been suspect on him and not sure how he would take playing in a tougher environment that is New York. Plus at some point he'd be limited by the antiquated offense we will get from Rex's G&P.

At this point I'd say pass. With that said he flourishes in a place like Tennessee.

great post but I'd still take him on the jets if I were a fan.

The key to getting this organization back to one that has football priorities is:

1. Making the decision to release Tanny and Rex

2. Hiring the new GM/VP of football Operations

3. Hiring the new coach

4. Fitting the proper QB to the new system of the new coach

If that QB is Romo, so be it. But let's not put the cart in front of the horse.

Truth is all his time in Washington was spent changing HC and systems almost every year., Not an excuse a fact. He looked good and the Raiders where contending before he got hurt and fell off after Carson took over. Do you think if Sanchez got hurt at the same time and Carson came in would would have finished worse than we did? I don;t.

Not ALMOST every year. EVERY single year. They has had a different OC every year since his senior year in high school. I'd take him as a bit of a project. He certainly can't be worse than what we have now.

As for Romo, all I can say is that we would all be on him like ugly on an ape the first time he gags in the 4th quarter or stinks up the joint. I guess I would take him with some doubts. But in the end, he's not gonna be available.

Not ALMOST every year. EVERY single year. They has had a different OC every year since his senior year in high school. I'd take him as a bit of a project. He certainly can't be worse than what we have now.

As for Romo, all I can say is that we would all be on him like ugly on an ape the first time he gags in the 4th quarter or stinks up the joint. I guess I would take him with some doubts. But in the end, he's not gonna be available.

Wow. I posted that in February. LOL

I would take Romo or Campbell. Both better than what we have. Really would like to see Campbell. Probably not drafting a QB next year so we will have to bring someone in.

Dallas is 15-1 when their defense (and special teams) surrenders 10 pts or less with Romo.

Jets are 9-6 when their defense (and special teams) surrenders 10 points or less with Sanchez. And that doesn't even count the 16-13 debacle vs Buffalo in '09.

So while Romo has choked plenty, let's put some perspective on which choking QB is less reliable when the rest of the team shows up to play.

That 9-6 record should make every Jets fan throw up.

To put that in perspective, there were six games where the Jets D kept the opposing team to 10 pts or less, but lost anyway, because Mark couldn't put enough points on the board.

There was only one game that Tony Romo allowed that to happen in.

To put that in perspective, there were six games where the Jets D kept the opposing team to 10 pts or less, but lost anyway, because Mark couldn't put enough points on the board.

There was only one game that Tony Romo allowed that to happen in.

I looked this up back in February, but for neither one did I take into account turnovers deep in their own territory that the other team was already in FG range. If the defense gave up 0-9 yards and the opponent kicked a FG there then IMO the defense basically gave up zero, and if they gave up a TD then it's a judgment call as to whether 7 points is on the defense or only 4 points. And whichever it is, you can't really equate a 10-30 yard drive for a TD with the defense letting up an 80 yard drive for 7. It isn't the same thing.

Archived