Happy 7th Birthday JetNation

Maxman

In just under an hour, JetNation.com will be seven years old. Just wanted to thank everyone here for all the support over the years. You have a ton of choices when it comes to talking about the Jets, it is definitely appreciated that so many people call JetNation home.

When you think back to the day JN launched on a shared server for $20 per month it actually seems funny. John M (Greenbeans) now handles a multiple server\cloud environment, oh my how things have changed.

Really want to thank the moderators. It remains a thankless job, and they are who I turn to whenever I need help!

We also have a brand new writing staff, some of the writers you have seen but we will be doing a formal announcement and providing their bios soon. I am really happy to have them on board and expand our Jets coverage this year!

The site has grown so much over the years, we have over 10,000 Facebook and Twitter followers now. The front page gets so many visits it seems hard to believe at times. But the forums are, and always have been, the heart and soul of JetNation. So thank you to the most passionate group of Jets fans I have ever met. Your passion and knowledge amazes me more and more every day.

On a personal note, it is really cool to be able to call so many of you friends. Thanks for making JetNation the great site it is and here is to the next seven years (and a few Super Bowl victories) mixed in!

Thanks everyone.

jnlogo.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you think back to the day JN launched on a shared server for $20 per month it actually seems funny. John M (Greenbeans) now handles a multiple server\cloud environment, oh my how things have changed.

jnlogo.gif

Those were the days, my friend

We thought they'd never end

We'd sing and dance forever and a day

We'd live the life we choose

We'd fight and never lose

For we were young and sure to have our way

La la la la la la

La la la la la la

Those were the days, my friend

We thought they'd never end

We'd sing and dance forever and a day

We'd live the life we choose

We'd fight and never lose

For we were young and sure to have our way

La la la la la la

La la la la la la

Those were the days. We were young and this place was fun. :)

well i was the D list queen... i didnt have enough g's ... but i was happy!

You ran this place. Now you run twitter and you are missed here every single day. Seriously.

I mentioned earlier how great it has been getting to know so many Jets fans. None bigger than gg -- driving hours to go to the games. And is the first one in the stadium...that's a diehard!

In just under an hour, JetNation.com will be seven years old. Just wanted to thank everyone here for all the support over the years. You have a ton of choices when it comes to talking about the Jets, it is definitely appreciated that so many people call JetNation home.

Really want to thank the moderators. It remains a thankless job, and they are who I turn to whenever I need help!

We also have a brand new writing staff, some of the writers you have seen but we will be doing a formal announcement and providing their bios soon. I am really happy to have them on board and expand our Jets coverage this year!

The site has grown so much over the years, we have over 10,000 Facebook and Twitter followers now. The front page gets so many visits it seems hard to believe at times. But the forums are, and always have been, the heart and soul of JetNation. So thank you to the most passionate group of Jets fans I have ever met. Your passion and knowledge amazes me more and more every day.

On a personal note, it is really cool to be able to call so many of you friends. Thanks for making JetNation the great site it is and here is to the next seven years (and a few Super Bowl victories) mixed in!

Thanks everyone.

jnlogo.gif

Excellent place......well some are.

Great forum. Thanks for being a fun place to shoot the sh1t without running into a gestapo like mod team.

It's bad mod juju to ban someone who only has about 16 months left. Make the most of it brave little soldier.

I would also like to thank Max for allowing Homo's, fat dudes, country club kids posing as black dudes, woman posing as men then posing as woman, those of us that date ourselves and develop interweb persona's for our imaginery lovers, nerds, geeks, tards, wonderfully special woman, ordinary bitter men, surfers punk rock executive ladies mans, guys who love bush, woman that love Vic, Chilean thundercats, Batman, Apes, men that love Vic, primates, redsox fans, edible rodents, giant Asian dudes, Giants fans, pirates, misfits, larpers, leppers, creeps, freaks, Cali homo's, those who ride trikes, those who ride dykes, lovers of fatties, emotional sorts, new dudes, lady friends, primates that date woman, lap sitters, people afraid of umbrella's, guys that only dirve so they can text, sandmen, hotties, magic eight ballers, shutdown posters, sh*t ins, shutout (miss him), retirees, mules, guy that mows the lawn, guy that makes fun of the guy that mows the lawn.....

For allowing us a safe haven for enjoying Teh Mafia goodness. We love you and JN Max.

I would also like to thank Max for allowing Homo's, fat dudes, country club kids posing as black dudes, woman posing as men then posing as woman, those of us that date ourselves and develop interweb persona's for our imaginery lovers, nerds, geeks, tards, wonderfully special woman, ordinary bitter men, surfers punk rock executive ladies mans, guys who love bush, woman that love Vic, Chilean thundercats, Batman, Apes, men that love Vic, primates, redsox fans, edible rodents, giant Asian dudes, Giants fans, pirates, misfits, larpers, leppers, creeps, freaks, Cali homo's, those who ride trikes, those who ride dykes, lovers of fatties, emotional sorts, new dudes, lady friends, primates that date woman, lap sitters, people afraid of umbrella's, guys that only dirve so they can text, sandmen, hotties, magic eight ballers, shutdown posters, sh*t ins, shutout (miss him), retirees, mules, guy that mows the lawn, guy that makes fun of the guy that mows the lawn.....

For allowing us a safe haven for enjoying Teh Mafia goodness. We love you and JN Max.

THIS.

Wow. 7 years. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun. Back in those days, Herm Edwards was getting ready to lead the Jets to a glorious 4-12, most of us were on another site that was rapidly losing its sense of humor and some might say, the plot. Then some of of us started getting PMs from a few nefarious individuals, who got banned for their trouble. (Weren't Private Messages supposed to be private?), with a mention we might want to check out another site, and see what we thought.

We clicked the link and got this:

yeoldeJN.jpg

And so it began. Wasn't always plain sailing, for what seemed like eons, there was promises the site would be more than just a board, complete with front page. When the front page arrived, it was a bit underwhelming.

JN%20Front%20page.jpg

Whatever happened to the Wee McCabe Techno Creature? And did he ever get out of Shane's dungeon?

Then the rot set in. The popularity of the place plummeted. Maybe it was just a weird coincidence, but it happened round the time the watersports forum had been replaced by a hockey forum along with a new mod:

JNpopular.jpg

Then war broke out after TomShane abused his moderator powers by attempting to ban Max, and filling the Hockey forum with monkey pictures. GOB hasn't been able to look at a banana without thinking of the abuse his beloved Steve Yzerman suffered, the PatsNation sh*tstorm with the TX Modship, finally Mr Shane left, confusing the hell out of loads of people.

JISPLIT.jpg

Others came and went, but the AsteriskNation went from strength to strength. Penningtology, 7 foot tall Latvian brides, spammers, fights over Curtis Martin compiler, years of Schitty, rep wars, BoomBoom, Bollywood to mention but a few.

But just when we were all set to live happily ever after, Shane came back and the place went to hell. Hasn't really recovered since.

Happy Birthday JetNation, here's to many more. And thanks to all the gang who keep the place up and running, and to the posters who've made this the best Jets board on the net.

congratulations Max

and many many more years of the single best Jet message board on the planet

LOL...Bet you say that to ALL Jets message boards....

and a happy' date=' safe and healthy fourth to all the posters at the [b']BEST DAMN JET MESSAGE BOARD OF THEM ALL

SG3 posted 07-04-2011, 05:28 AM on JI.

Wow. 7 years. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun. Back in those days, Herm Edwards was getting ready to lead the Jets to a glorious 4-12, most of us were on another site that was rapidly losing its sense of humor and some might say, the plot. Then some of of us started getting PMs from a few nefarious individuals, who got banned for their trouble. (Weren't Private Messages supposed to be private?), with a mention we might want to check out another site, and see what we thought.

We clicked the link and got this:

yeoldeJN.jpg

And so it began. Wasn't always plain sailing, for what seemed like eons, there was promises the site would be more than just a board, complete with front page. When the front page arrived, it was a bit underwhelming.

JN%20Front%20page.jpg

Whatever happened to the Wee McCabe Techno Creature? And did he ever get out of Shane's dungeon?

Then the rot set in. The popularity of the place plummeted. Maybe it was just a weird coincidence, but it happened round the time the watersports forum had been replaced by a hockey forum along with a new mod:

JNpopular.jpg

Then war broke out after TomShane abused his moderator powers by attempting to ban Max, and filling the Hockey forum with monkey pictures. GOB hasn't been able to look at a banana without thinking of the abuse his beloved Steve Yzerman suffered, the PatsNation sh*tstorm with the TX Modship, finally Mr Shane left, confusing the hell out of loads of people.

JISPLIT.jpg

Others came and went, but the AsteriskNation went from strength to strength. Penningtology, 7 foot tall Latvian brides, spammers, fights over Curtis Martin compiler, years of Schitty, rep wars, BoomBoom, Bollywood to mention but a few.

But just when we were all set to live happily ever after, Shane came back and the place went to hell. Hasn't really recovered since.

Happy Birthday JetNation, here's to many more. And thanks to all the gang who keep the place up and running, and to the posters who've made this the best Jets board on the net.

SO AWESOME....the good ol days of posting!!! I forgot about BRENS HAUS...hahahha tooo funny! Love the memories oxox

Archived