Jets Thinking Big ?

flgreen

It doesn't matter who they draft as long as they get guys that can play. The Jets have so many needs almost any position taken fills a hole. Good old 'Trader Mike’ has gutted the draft so bad in the past the Jets cannot afford big swings and misses this year. How about a third or fourth rounder doing something in 2012 unlike Ellis and Powell last year?

The draft, for the most part, is supposed to be about the future but since the Jets had so few picks over the years it is now about their needs mostly. They need to get like 6 or 7 quality players, not necessarily starters though that would be nice, out of this draft.

I like this guy.

worst move ever, no. This can be accomplished by trading back though. A right tackle "should be" easier to find in free agency or later in the draft. Putting in a plan to take over for Moore would be wise.

This being said, finding a young linebacker or safety (Barron) would be the smart move

My analysis: A guard is a possibility. LG Matt Slauson is coming off major shoulder surgery and RG Brandon Moore, soon 32, is entering the final year of his contract. The Jets like second-year G Caleb Schlauderaff, but he might be best suited to a Rob Turner-type role. Vladimir Ducasse is a bigger question now than the day he was drafted in the second round.

No, no it's not.

Don't be silly. Everybody here acts like they hate everybody else. It's like, our thing.

Everyone on here hates Rex, Sanchez, Eric Smith, Wayne Hunter, Tannenbaum, The Stadium, Jets colors ect

Not sure everyone hates everyone else...all things Jets, well probably

Wouldn't mind DeCastro at all. If i had my choice of OL who might be there when the Jets pick, I'll take Mike Adams

I don't know. Adams looks like a solid starting RT. DeCastro will be an All Pro for 10 years imo. I understand the bigger hole is at RT but the better player is the OG who can play either side. I'm not claiming to be some draft guru but last time I've felt this good about an OL prospect it was Mangold predraft. What I mean is I think DeCastro is the safest pick for stardom in the entire draft. A combination of what I've seen and what I've heard and read.

I don't know. Adams looks like a solid starting RT. DeCastro will be an All Pro for 10 years imo. I understand the bigger hole is at RT but the better player is the OG who can play either side. I'm not claiming to be some draft guru but last time I've felt this good about an OL prospect it was Mangold predraft. What I mean is I think DeCastro is the safest pick for stardom in the entire draft. A combination of what I've seen and what I've heard and read.

Actually I agree with you. DeCastro has a chance to be a special player.

Adams had a sensational Senior Bowl week. Against good players. Think he is going to be around the NFL a long time.

Guess it's not a bad situation to be in

Actually I agree with you. DeCastro has a chance to be a special player.

Adams had a sensational Senior Bowl week. Against good players. Think he is going to be around the NFL a long time.

Guess it's not a bad situation to be in

How many pro bowlers on OL does sanchez need for christ sake

If Decastro is as good as he's billed... we would have not only a dominant left-side, but with Moore in the mix, a dominant connect-4. At that point who gives a sh*t who's playing RT? Except for Sanchez, of course.

The problem is we have a bunch of OGs who can play OG. We need versatile players who can play multiple roles, which is why Cordy Glenn would be a nice addition. He can play RT, or OG, maybe LT.

I also like the idea of getting Peter Konz if we trade back. He's a starting caliber center being compared to Mangold, who can play guard.

I'd be happy if we drafted Curry but my only concern is that he played at Marshall so the competition he played against would make me wonder but there have been a few really good players to come out of Marshall ie: Moss & Pennington.

Well to the competition thing I have to say that Troy opened their season with Marshall in 2004. It's a hack point, but I say let it pass.

Curry, despite his collegiate competition performed well against elite blockers at the Senior Bowl. It is possible for small school guys to perform well in the big leagues. See Mo Wilkerson.

Plus he's bigger, faster, and a better athlete than Upshaw.

I like Melvin Ingram some too.

Apparently thats the recipe for success.

Thats my point, just because you need, doesnt mean you draft. I dont like the early round skills players this season...at all.

Blackmon? Floyd? Richardson? I agree that this is a weak draft for skill positions and most positions overall but still I think Floyd Blackmon and Richardson are studs

Blackmon? Floyd? Richardson? I agree that this is a weak draft for skill positions and most positions overall but still I think Floyd Blackmon and Richardson are studs

Solid players, none of them give me the feeling they are true game breakers/changers. Just good players. Nothing that jumps off the screen at me when I watch them. Blackmon looks like a pure possession guy, Floyd is interesting but not worth the 16th overall pick IMO and while Richardson is a stud and I'd take him if he fell to 16...I honestly hate taking RB's in the first round unless you are getting an AP type back.

Happy to have a top-flight OL in the early rounds. I truly believe that star Olineman are more valuable than star RB's or WR's in the long run. They are invlolved in every play, every second of every down. And without a good OL unit, there is no offense. Having said that...the Ducasse reach in round two has haunted us and will continue to haunt us for seasons to come. If you're going that high on an OL, it can't be a "project". Those guys are drafted in rnds 5 and up.

I agree with this. Your OLine gets your first 3 yards for your RB imo. After thas SG can bust up a safety or arm tackle for a couple of yards. I am anxious to see what DUCASSE will do this season after a full offseason and with our new OC Luigi to help guide him along. If and it is a big IF Ducasse can contribute this year we can lay the wood on most teams with our running game especially the Patsies.

Archived