Kevin Mawae : Journal - 12/01/05 ~ ~ ~

kelly

Fan Mail

12/01/05

To those fans who have emailed me and offered prayers for my recovery, through my journal, I want to say thank you.

Can Things Get Any Worse?

12/01/05

Man, it's been about 4-5 weeks since I've last posted, and a lot has happened since then. More guys have joined me on the IR list, NOT a good thing! We've lost more games, now standing at 2-9. The sad part is that had we won last weekend, we still had a chance at 8-8 to get in the playoffs. This season has been trying on the entire team and staff. However, one thing that has been positive is the fact that no one has pointed fingers or placed blame. The fact is that there is enough blame to go around for everyone involved! This not taking into account the number of guys that have been injured over the course of this season. Some will wonder if the team will fold it's tent and begin to shut down for the year....well, I can say that I don't believe that will happen. This team is one that plays hard every game regardless of the score or implications. That is a direct reflection of Herm and his approach to life in general.

As for my surgery, all is going well. I began rehab this week and expect things to pick up each week. The best part is being out of a brace and being able to use my arm again, though cautiously.

> http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?ID=20714&section=journal

Some will wonder if the team will fold it's tent and begin to shut down for the year....well, I can say that I don't believe that will happen. This team is one that plays hard every game regardless of the score or implications. That is a direct reflection of Herm and his approach to life in general.

no%20bullshit1.jpg

WTF, Mawae is more delusional then the majority of Jets fans.

Note to Kevin: 2-9 pathetic teams do not make the playoffs.

=D>=D>=D>

This guy is in serious denial if he thought the Jets would win last week - let alone rip off 6 straight to finish 8-8.

With apologies to Brenda, Cheap Shot Mawae needs to retire or find another home. He's a whiner.

And, we hardly know he's gone with Kendall at C. #-o

Except for the missed QB exchanges that is

Kevin needs to restruture to give us cap room next year

Some will wonder if the team will fold it's tent and begin to shut down for the year....well, I can say that I don't believe that will happen. This team is one that plays hard every game regardless of the score or implications. That is a direct reflection of Herm and his approach to life in general.

Translation = Herm still wants Curtis to get his token 1k.

guys, i believe what mawae was saying was that had we wont last week it would have been POSSIBLE for the jets to make the playoffs...obvious that it wasnt going to happen, but knowing that its still possible does give that certain hope, even if its just false hope

don't hate on everyone soo much guys, mawae is trying to stay positive about this team, something not many people are even trying to do. Its just funny how people always fuss at the fact that athletes arent loyal anymore, that they follow the money....when fans obviously arent loyal to their players either--all the things mawae and martin have brought to this team, and you wanna trash talk them like theyve done nothing? Yes, they should get a pay cut, and yes, theyre never going to be pro bowl material again....but don't talk bad about them like you do ty law and herm, atleast when you say it about law and herm they deserve it in many ways.

and i know im a "new poster" and that the rest of you are veterans, and im not trying to be ugly to you guys, i just feel like youre being unfair to players who have done TONS for this franchise

guys, i believe what mawae was saying was that had we wont last week it would have been POSSIBLE for the jets to make the playoffs...obvious that it wasnt going to happen, but knowing that its still possible does give that certain hope, even if its just false hope

don't hate on everyone soo much guys, mawae is trying to stay positive about this team, something not many people are even trying to do. Its just funny how people always fuss at the fact that athletes arent loyal anymore, that they follow the money....when fans obviously arent loyal to their players either--all the things mawae and martin have brought to this team, and you wanna trash talk them like theyve done nothing? Yes, they should get a pay cut, and yes, theyre never going to be pro bowl material again....but don't talk bad about them like you do ty law and herm, atleast when you say it about law and herm they deserve it in many ways.

and i know im a "new poster" and that the rest of you are veterans, and im not trying to be ugly to you guys, i just feel like youre being unfair to players who have done TONS for this franchise

Good post

I have the utmost respect for Curtis and his career and for Kevin and his accomplishments- no one can deny that they have done much for this Jets franchise

Some times with Kevin and others though it is better to keep your mouth shut

can we give some respect to this guy who put the best years of his career giving his all for a malfunctioning team?

you are a ll a bunch of ingrates.

the man was crying this year when he got injured because he wanted to play FOR YOU

Im knocking Herm...not Curtis. But thanks for calling names again!

Maybe you need a hug or something.

Im not knocking Curtis or Kevin. Id respect the teams only goal being getting Curtis 1,000 yrds ...but don't announce it your fanbase and the rest of the NFL.

It's just a pathetic move on herms part. He's the problem.

i know u werent talking to me smizzy(and i respect you and am not talkin to you at all)...but just to reiterate my point(and i know ur not knocking on curtis)--hate on law all you want, he deserves it. I'll even give you herm, b/c despite the fact that i like him, he has not produced for us(with success, deep playoff runs, poor clock management) and PLEASE, feel free to knock bradway, b/c despite his lucky pick of vilma...hes bascially sucked. But guys like curtis(who many have said in other threads should be cut and "sucks") and mawae, and wayne--who shockingly i read should have been cut in the offseason...lay off of 'em...when you go out and sacrifice yourself for a team for years then you can trash talk them, but since no body here is a pro football player that i know of, chill--please

I agree about knocking guys who have been and deserve the respect(Mo Lewis,Marvin Jones)

But Just so we are all clear.

I hate,HATE,HATE Vinny INT. He should have never been brought back and he is now FAIR GAME.

Lol...I respect your opinion guys. Speak your mind.

That's why we are here.

i hate to do it, but i agree on vinny....hes too old, too slow, and...well...there arent enough words to describe him hahaha

he was great the first time around--but its true, he should have stayed home--i like the fact that he TRIED to help us...but it became obvious in his 2nd week that he wasnt going to be able to....only reason we beat tampa was because cadallac was injuried

Kevin Mawae loves to play football. He plays hard, aggressive, and yes, sometimes downright dirty football. He loves his team and is loyal to his coach. He's been one of the only perrenial pro-bowlers the jets have ever seen. You can't have a winning team without leaders like Mawae. He ain't going nowhere. Cut Kevin and the O-line is broken for years to come. I wouldn't trade Mawae for two John Abrahams. Wouldn't trade Wayne for three Keyshaun's, and wouldn't trade curtis for 5/8's of Shaun Alexander. Throw in the other 3/8's and a cheeseburger, maybe we talk about it.

WTF, Mawae is more delusional then the majority of Jets fans.

Note to Kevin: 2-9 pathetic teams do not make the playoffs.

Tx...

You have always blasted the Jets for not having a winning attitude. Here is the thing...the team leader is saying he thought they could pull off winning 6 in a row.

I don't believe it. You don't believe it. But God Bless him for saying it with a straight face. Until the Kotite years at least the players are admitting that losing is not acceptable!

Tx...

You have always blasted the Jets for not having a winning attitude. Here is the thing...the team leader is saying he thought they could pull off winning 6 in a row.

I don't believe it. You don't believe it. But God Bless him for saying it with a straight face. Until the Kotite years at least the players are admitting that losing is not acceptable!

Actually Max, if you look at the picture of Mawae when he said that, he had his fingers crossed behind his back. :wink:

Archived