Mike T Speaking to the media tonight

Maxman

According to @NYNJSportsGuy on twitter, Tannenbaum is talking to the media tonight at 10:15.

@NYNJSportsGuy Mike T conference call at 10:15. No official word on what its about, assume its a withdrawal from Manning sweeps

Any links to watch it? I know it's not going to be on the TV down here.

No, if this is true they just do a conf call for the media. We don't typically get invited, but we usually have the transcripts once it is done.

No, if this is true they just do a conf call for the media. We don't typically get invited, but we usually have the transcripts once it is done.

That's disappointing, you don't get the full train wreck feel of a live Mike T conference from transcripts.

I have a feeling I know where this is going...

*Tannenbaum steps to the podium at 10:50 PM*

Mike T: "Sorry guys to keep you waiting. I just want to make it clear to everyone that we are committed to Mark as our QB. He's our guy and we're going to move forward with him. I believe in him and this organization believes in him. He knows that he needs to get better, but he works as hard as anybody on this team and I believe he'll get to where he needs to be."

Jets PR opens the floor up looking for a softball question.

Reporter: So there's no interest at all in Peyton Manning?

Mike T: "We're always looking for ways to improve the team. With a guy like Peyton... It's something that we considered internally, but we quickly decided that we were happy with our current situation."

Dick Cimini: Do you think your failed pursuit of Manning will fracture your relationship with Mark?

Mike T: "Rich, like I said, it was just a discussion. Whenever anybody gets released or becomes available we have a discussion, but it never really got farther than that."

20 minutes later...

Rich Cimini posts an article about how the Jets bumbling of the Manning situation will destroy Sanchez's fragile confidence.

Rex and Mike T swear about the fact that Peyton Manning turned them down.

I have a feeling I know where this is going...

*Tannenbaum steps to the podium at 10:50 PM*

Mike T: "Sorry guys to keep you waiting. I just want to make it clear to everyone that we are committed to Mark as our QB. He's our guy and we're going to move forward with him. I believe in him and this organization believes in him. He knows that he needs to get better, but he works as hard as anybody on this team and I believe he'll get to where he needs to be."

Jets PR opens the floor up looking for a softball question.

Reporter: So there's no interest at all in Peyton Manning?

Mike T: "We're always looking for ways to improve the team. With a guy like Peyton... It's something that we considered internally, but we quickly decided that we were happy with our current situation."

Dick Cimini: Do you think your failed pursuit of Manning will fracture your relationship with Mark?

Mike T: "Rich, like I said, it was just a discussion. Whenever anybody gets released or becomes available we have a discussion, but it never really got farther than that."

20 minutes later...

Rich Cimini posts an article about how the Jets bumbling of the Manning situation will destroy Sanchez's fragile confidence.

Rex and Mike T swear about the fact that Peyton Manning turned them down.

Pretty close lol

The guy who broke this story says it is legit, claims to be at WFAN right now. None of the main stream media is reporting it yet, and I haven't seen an announcement from the Jets. Will post more once I know.

This is a media conference call, not a press conference.

What type of events do they usually have the media conference call for? Do you think its about being out on Manning, or would they do this to announce a player signing, Pouha?

What type of events do they usually have the media conference call for? Do you think its about being out on Manning, or would they do this to announce a player signing, Pouha?

I would be shocked if they were announcing good news late on a Friday night. So I don't think it is Pouha.

This is very strange....there are rumblings that it is to announce they are out of Manning Mania.

The guy who broke this story says it is legit, claims to be at WFAN right now. None of the main stream media is reporting it yet, and I haven't seen an announcement from the Jets. Will post more once I know.

If he's really at WFAN, tell him to pee on Francesa's chair in the studio.

why would they have to announce that they are out of the manning sweepstakes?

Indeed that makes no sense. Calling a press conference to announce not doing something is a waste of everyone's time. On a Friday night no less.

Should we start the thread predicting who will get the 3 millionth post on JN...Sanchez extension. Haters will be out in full force tonight. Someone check any ledges or bridges where JiF lives.

Archived