Jets agree to 3 year deal with Sione Pouha

RyanBe_Tweetin

By the end of the Pouha contract Ellis will be a stud...Awesome talent who was a steal where we got him.

ellis.jpg

Great pick. Look at Pouha still fighting while Ellis is celebrating. Playing till the end of the play. That's the kind of guy he is. That's why he is being talked about like he is right now. I love that he is home grown and an effective player who went about things the old fashoined way. Hard work paid off for him. Not that I know what the hell he got paid of course. :D

Interesting that this is being reported as completely done, yet the the terms of the contract are still in the dark. I know that the Jets rarely have the financial details come out immediately when they announce a signing, but part of me wonders if the way the money is going to be distributed are still in flux; perhaps dependent on other signings to come later today? 4 PM can't get here soon enough...

Nose tackle Sione Pouha agreed to a three-year deal with the Jets yesterday morning, keeping him off the free agent market. The deal is worth $15 million, with $9.5 million in guarantees, a person with knowledge of the terms confirmed. That person requested anonymity because the Jets have not announced the terms of the deal.

Pouha's deal also includes a $3.5 million signing bonus, the person added.

The Daily News first reported the total value of Pouha's contract.

It's unclear how the rest of the guaranteed money is allocated. It is a large portion of the total value of the deal, though it could relate to the shorter length of the deal. Pouha was a unique case: He is 33 years old but has played just seven years in the NFL.

Archived