Official Jets - Pats Game Thread

Maxman

For those of you not in the chat room...My observations so far.

-Bolly is still too small

-JMAC should be the #4 WR next season

-Curtis and his 1,000 is the only thing left to root for (you can root for Curtis and a high pick)

-New England is a poorly coached team at this point

I agree...Bollinger threw a nice pass in the EZ, Mccariens just gave up.

Martin's going to the Hall regardless of this season. This stupid streak is pointless. We could be seeing what Houston has, but hey--who cares?

Why subject Houston to playing behind this offensive line?

Noncompetitive.

If they allow this nonimaginative idiot back, I'm done with this team. No guesswork at all-just key on Martin. Other than explosion against the hobos of Louisiana and San Antonio, the Jets cannot get out of single digits.

You think MAYBE doing something other than slavishly handing off to #28 might be a consideration? Houston catches a nice pass for a 1st down ealry in the game-and is promptly nailed to the bench.

EFF THIS SILLY RECORD. MARTIN IS DONE

On a day like today where the Jets barely even try, Edwards cannot find even a few carries for Houston.

What's the point of drafting anyone when this schmuck won't even play the guy when the season ahs truned into one long exhibition? Assuming the Texans lock up Bush, shouldn't this franchise have AN IDEA if Cedric Houston can play as a feature back before the draft? I things are gonna suck this bad, why doesn't this imbecile play Houston?

JEJ-3/5s of the opening day OL , even if in different slots-are still there.And Fabini sucked. You buy this nonsense hook, line and sinker. The Pats only have 1 of their opening day starters. Try again; Martin is DONE. The record books don't lie. Guys his age are either being phased out, retired or sucking. He's no different. It's true of even the best backs-Harris, Payton, Smith. Only exception is Riggins, and Martin isn't a bruiser like that.

Funny thing is JonE...the OLines run blocking isnt as bad as people make it out to be. Martin's just extremely slow.

Today was all on Martin.

Funny thing

A guy that would spend his summers at bandcamp would tell us what to look for in a successful OL

I had a last minute ticket change and scored some sweet tix. Fifth row, 30 yard line, behind the Jets bench.

I must say, the officiating was atrocious today. Bad calls all around. Ridiculous. Pats should have won by much more than they did. Kudos to the Jets defense. Dillon is still hurt - I could tell by the way he hesitates before hitting the hole - yet, you have to blame some of the o-line play. Pats o-line is less than average at run-blocking. I made an effort to watch Herm on the sidelines. Not for nothing, but he looks lost out there. Bollinger is BAD. Sorry. CuMart is showing his miles. Jets have a terrific punter.

It was COLD. So COLD! Had to dust the snow off my seat.....trust me when I tell you, a wet seat is no way to go through a game. So, I stood for much of the game :lol: The people behind me were not pleased. Good. The two directly behind me were Jets fans. :lol:

Dillon is still hurt - I could tell by the way he hesitates before hitting the hole - yet, you have to blame some of the o-line play.

Corey Dillon - Day To Day. Old Age.

trust me when I tell you, a wet seat is no way to go through a game.

Every once in awhile the ball is placed on the tee for you. Yet you realize it is just best to walk away!

Regarding Dillon - I think he's hurt worse than is let on. I can tell. Notice how he turns his back when he is gutting out an extra yard or two after being hurt. He did not do that the first two games this year- and never did it last year. It's more than just age. Something is a miss.

Wet tooshie - yup, that was a lay-up, Maxie. You're a good man. :lol: Serioulsy though - nothing sucks worse than a coating of ice on your backside. :lol:

Regarding Dillon - I think he hurt. I can tell. Notice how he turns his back when he is gutting out an extra yard or two after being hurt. He did not do that the first two games this year- and never did it last year. It's more than just age. Something is a miss.

Dillon will be fine. He and Curtis will get new hips in the offseason and you will see a big improvement!

Well, I take solice that CuMart had 29 yards on 15 carries and Dillon had 69 yards on 16 carries. My old man is better than your old man. So there! :lol:

Curtis would have had more yards. But the Jets bench was wet. He had to stand on the sidelines. The league should look into this! :mrgreen: He's too old for that!

Archived