Reggie Nelson Visits The Jets: MERGED

MTJ06

Yeah, him taking time to weigh his options isn't a good thing. But I really think we need Landry, not Nelson.

Yes the fact that Nelson has come and gone tells me he may be using the Jets as a way to drive his price up like JonEJet said earlier. I don't know about Landry though, more of an in the box run support safety that isn't that good in coverage

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanny is demonstrating a clear inability to "Seal the Deal" and overcome the bad locker room issue. No top rated player wants to come to the Jets.

yeah this potential safety is really concerned about holmes not liking sanchez last year. Thats most likely the reason, it has nothing to do with him trying to get someone to offer him more..

yeah this potential safety is really concerned about holmes not liking sanchez last year. Thats most likely the reason, it has nothing to do with him trying to get someone to offer him more..

You don't get it, a good GM is also skilled at selling the team and situation. The player visits, you give him a tour, Then make a good sales pitch. This is not the first time, Tanny needs to be better at closing the deal. The negatives in the media, make that task a lot more difficult, and leads to more overcoming objections.

If the Jets made a better offer, why would a player want to see if another team is going to match? Especially a team with less talent?

So tell me how can you be 70 per cent certain?

I thought the same thing. Semantics of course, but it's literally impossible to be anything less than 100% certain. If it's any less it's not certain. It's possible.

I hate when I do this. :D

Tanny is demonstrating a clear inability to "Seal the Deal" and overcome the bad locker room issue. No top rated player wants to come to the Jets.

While I agree that it's gonna take minute for the Jets to shed that "bad locker room" crap, let's look at what REALLY happened. Three FA visited us right? Two were signed and one stayed for two days and is sleeping on it. How can you say that Tanny can't close a deal on that record? I understand how you're "feeling" but that's not what's going on in reality.

No top rated player wants to play here? No top rated player was considered due to our cap situation. If Mario Wlliams can sign in Buffalo, it proves once again that money talks. That's the bottom line.

Don't let the bad vibes grow in your brain man. We're doing fine in FA right now. It's just not what we're used to

I believe he will sign with the Jets. I wouldn't be shocked if Landry signs shortly thereafter. I have to believe the Jets are still the more attractive destination compared to Cincinnati or Miami.

You probably believe in unicorns, too.

so let me recap

he sucks, but if tanny doesn't sign him, tanny sucks

lol

It's worse than that.

He sucks unless he signs with someone else, in which case not only does Tanny suck, but [insert player name] is the greatest at his position and slipped through our fingers.

And if we DO sign [insert player name], and he doesn't make the All-Pro team, regardless of the money involved, Tanny still sucks.

Oh and if we sign [insert player name] and he makes the all-pro team, AND we win the SB, but the fifth year of his contract is too low and someone on the board thinks he'll probably hold out then, you guessed it....Tanny still sucks but not until next year.

Gotta love the conspiracy theory.

He is doing what almost every FA does who has options. He received offers from three teams. The fact that he stayed overnight indicates that right now the Jets offer the best. Now he trys to squeeze the last dollar out of the other two teams. Whoever offer the most over the next 24 or so hours he will sign with.

The key to it all is he still in town? If he's still in town awaiting the counter offers that indicates he expects to sign with the Jets. If he leaves town at this point he's probably gone

We need Nelson and another viable safety really bad if we plan on contending for the AFC East title now that the Patriots added a real Widereciever threat as opposed to the two goons they had last season who didn't do much of anything. With that said we still lost to them twice without them having any real outside threats with them adding an outside threat we better add two good safeties or we're dead

Archived