•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Trade possibility Carolina?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Jetsupnorth

Jetsupnorth

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

Mike Tolbert just signed with Carolina head scratchingly enough.....

Think there would be any due diligence done by MT to inquire into the availability of Jonathan Stewart? If possible that would be a sneaky pick up I think.

Thoughts?

#2 BUM-KNEE

BUM-KNEE

DANG

• Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

Mike Tolbert just signed with Carolina head scratchingly enough.....

Think there would be any due diligence done by MT to inquire into the availability of Jonathan Stewart? If possible that would be a sneaky pick up I think.

Thoughts?

I would love for us to get Stewart, LOVE IT!

#3 JayKwaz

JayKwaz

the original Jackass

• Members
  • 701 posts
  • LocationRiverhead, NY

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

I am in, I wanted him when we got Gholston.
In Rex I trust

#4 bLguerriero1

bLguerriero1

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 353 posts
  • Locationdirty jerz

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

absolutely love it... hopefully 4th could get it done
The Original Flight Boys!
Posted Image

#5 hoping4ASuperBowl

hoping4ASuperBowl

boombastic

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:06 AM

Make it happen!
Check out my work:
www.3dyagos.com

#6 Damaged89

Damaged89

shut it down.

• Members
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

I could actually get behind this.

Edited by Damaged89, 19 March 2012 - 11:17 AM.

#7 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,978 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:19 PM

He is going into his final contract year. Do the Panthers need a loud-mouth LB who has lost a few steps?
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#8 JonEJet

JonEJet

NFL Alumni

• Banned
  • 14,112 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

Hate trading picks...we finally have a full allotment and now people want to trade them away?

Don't get it

Posted Image

#9 Jetsfan80

Jetsfan80

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 46,579 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

He is going into his final contract year. Do the Panthers need a loud-mouth LB who has lost a few steps?

This.

sheesh, I'm a doosh.

#10 Jetsupnorth

Jetsupnorth

New Kid On The Block

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hate trading picks...we finally have a full allotment and now people want to trade them away?

Don't get it

I didn't suggest giving up picks......However; that would probably be what would need to happen. I really think a back who can catch would really benefit Sanchez tremendously, better he dump it down to our RB then the other team's LB's/DE's SMH.

I think a 3 and a 5 is reasonable for what we have seen from Stewart. Keep Greene a bit fresher for the (few and far between) goal line plunges.

I think you have to look pretty hard at a guy who averages 5.7 YPC! If he can be got for a bargain.

#11 Dirty6

Dirty6

The Commish

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

Love it. First thing I thought of as I heard Rich Gannon break it on NFL/ Sirius. Bring him to the Jets. He's a stud. Great Value.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, sir, and I never slice"

#12 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 4,978 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

I didn't suggest giving up picks......However; that would probably be what would need to happen. I really think a back who can catch would really benefit Sanchez tremendously, better he dump it down to our RB then the other team's LB's/DE's SMH.

I think a 3 and a 5 is reasonable for what we have seen from Stewart. Keep Greene a bit fresher for the (few and far between) goal line plunges.

I think you have to look pretty hard at a guy who averages 5.7 YPC! If he can be got for a bargain.

Please explain how a 3 and a 5 for a guy who can walk after the season is a bargain. Do enlighten us.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#13 Smashmouth

Smashmouth

Make us proud Wrecks

• Members
  • 13,176 posts
  • LocationDallas Tx.

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:33 PM

would love Stewart as well

Proud Member of the AVM

#14 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,881 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

Sure or sign Michael Bush who is essentially the same thing without having to give up picks.
Posted Image

#15 hoping4ASuperBowl

hoping4ASuperBowl

boombastic

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:13 PM

Sure or sign Michael Bush who is essentially the same thing without having to give up picks.

Bush isn't as talented as Stewart.
Check out my work:
www.3dyagos.com

#16 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,881 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:23 PM

Bush isn't as talented as Stewart.

Maybe, maybe not but he wont cost us picks and clearly nobody is knocking down his door so it could be a very good, cheap signing. He catches out of the backfield and he's a monster. Perfect for ground and pound. Would I prefer Stewart, sure. But not if it costs us picks.
Posted Image

#17 BUM-KNEE

BUM-KNEE

DANG

• Members
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Maybe, maybe not but he wont cost us picks and clearly nobody is knocking down his door so it could be a very good, cheap signing. He catches out of the backfield and he's a monster. Perfect for ground and pound. Would I prefer Stewart, sure. But not if it costs us picks.

Actually you make a very solid point.

#18 hoping4ASuperBowl

hoping4ASuperBowl

boombastic

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

I'll give ya that. Stewart definitely won't come without giving up some kind of draft picks. But do we need a RB like that? Should we be trying to add a RB more similar to Tomlinson or is McKnight ready to handle that role? McKnight looked like he definitely improved this past year. I would like to see more out of him this year.
Check out my work:
www.3dyagos.com

#19 jbone

jbone

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing Bush in a Jets uniform. That would be a solid tandem between him and Green. Bring in Mcknight every once in a while for a change of pace, maybe draft a quick/fast, shifty back, get a little thunder and lightning going.

#20 JiF

JiF

Say yer prayers Varmint!

• Members
  • 37,881 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 03:42 PM

I'll give ya that. Stewart definitely won't come without giving up some kind of draft picks. But do we need a RB like that? Should we be trying to add a RB more similar to Tomlinson or is McKnight ready to handle that role? McKnight looked like he definitely improved this past year. I would like to see more out of him this year.

McKnight had a great start to the season and then the fumbles started coming out. He scares the snot out of me. I dont know if the organization feels strong about the Greene, McKnight, Powell combo so I'm not sure a RB is a priority at all let alone one of his skill set. I'd expect they'd want a RB who can catch since that skill will be sorely missed with LT's departure...but supposedly Powell provides that.

Personally, if we were going to address RB, I'd prefer it not be at the sake of draft picks.
Posted Image

#21 The Troll

The Troll

I Still Hate Thomas Jones

• Members
  • 12,577 posts
  • LocationDesolation Row

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:47 PM

This makes my penis harder than Shadowgate.

Stewart is awesome. The way the Panthers have been jerking him around for four years is a joke. He also showed some versatility last year, showing receiving skills for the first time. I'd rather have Stewart than any RB in the draft not named Trent Richardson. If a 2nd is what it takes, give those assholes a 2nd.

#22 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,527 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

Can we trade for Greg Hardy and make him an OLB? Or am I just having a Madden dream?

Not that Stewart wouldn't be awesome. One of my favorite RB prospects in recent memory.

Edited by SenorGato, 19 March 2012 - 04:53 PM.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#23 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,264 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

This makes my penis harder than Shadowgate.

Stewart is awesome. The way the Panthers have been jerking him around for four years is a joke. He also showed some versatility last year, showing receiving skills for the first time. I'd rather have Stewart than any RB in the draft not named Trent Richardson. If a 2nd is what it takes, give those assholes a 2nd.

Holy crap. Where have you been?

#24 The Troll

The Troll

I Still Hate Thomas Jones

• Members
  • 12,577 posts
  • LocationDesolation Row

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:59 PM

Holy crap. Where have you been?

I couldn't get the forum to load for like 6 months. Totally serious. Maybe I was banned.

#25 Matt39

Matt39

master knows all except combination to safe

• Members
  • 22,264 posts
  • LocationDel Boca Vista Phase III

Posted 19 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

I couldn't get the forum to load for like 6 months. Totally serious. Maybe I was banned.

Good to see you back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users