Trade possibility Carolina?

Jetsupnorth

Mike Tolbert just signed with Carolina head scratchingly enough.....

Think there would be any due diligence done by MT to inquire into the availability of Jonathan Stewart? If possible that would be a sneaky pick up I think.

Thoughts?

I would love for us to get Stewart, LOVE IT!

Hate trading picks...we finally have a full allotment and now people want to trade them away?

Don't get it

I didn't suggest giving up picks......However; that would probably be what would need to happen. I really think a back who can catch would really benefit Sanchez tremendously, better he dump it down to our RB then the other team's LB's/DE's SMH.

I think a 3 and a 5 is reasonable for what we have seen from Stewart. Keep Greene a bit fresher for the (few and far between) goal line plunges.

I think you have to look pretty hard at a guy who averages 5.7 YPC! If he can be got for a bargain.

I didn't suggest giving up picks......However; that would probably be what would need to happen. I really think a back who can catch would really benefit Sanchez tremendously, better he dump it down to our RB then the other team's LB's/DE's SMH.

I think a 3 and a 5 is reasonable for what we have seen from Stewart. Keep Greene a bit fresher for the (few and far between) goal line plunges.

I think you have to look pretty hard at a guy who averages 5.7 YPC! If he can be got for a bargain.

Please explain how a 3 and a 5 for a guy who can walk after the season is a bargain. Do enlighten us.

Sure or sign Michael Bush who is essentially the same thing without having to give up picks.

Bush isn't as talented as Stewart.

Maybe, maybe not but he wont cost us picks and clearly nobody is knocking down his door so it could be a very good, cheap signing. He catches out of the backfield and he's a monster. Perfect for ground and pound. Would I prefer Stewart, sure. But not if it costs us picks.

Maybe, maybe not but he wont cost us picks and clearly nobody is knocking down his door so it could be a very good, cheap signing. He catches out of the backfield and he's a monster. Perfect for ground and pound. Would I prefer Stewart, sure. But not if it costs us picks.

Actually you make a very solid point.

I'll give ya that. Stewart definitely won't come without giving up some kind of draft picks. But do we need a RB like that? Should we be trying to add a RB more similar to Tomlinson or is McKnight ready to handle that role? McKnight looked like he definitely improved this past year. I would like to see more out of him this year.

I wouldn't mind seeing Bush in a Jets uniform. That would be a solid tandem between him and Green. Bring in Mcknight every once in a while for a change of pace, maybe draft a quick/fast, shifty back, get a little thunder and lightning going.

I'll give ya that. Stewart definitely won't come without giving up some kind of draft picks. But do we need a RB like that? Should we be trying to add a RB more similar to Tomlinson or is McKnight ready to handle that role? McKnight looked like he definitely improved this past year. I would like to see more out of him this year.

McKnight had a great start to the season and then the fumbles started coming out. He scares the snot out of me. I dont know if the organization feels strong about the Greene, McKnight, Powell combo so I'm not sure a RB is a priority at all let alone one of his skill set. I'd expect they'd want a RB who can catch since that skill will be sorely missed with LT's departure...but supposedly Powell provides that.

Personally, if we were going to address RB, I'd prefer it not be at the sake of draft picks.

This makes my penis harder than Shadowgate.

Stewart is awesome. The way the Panthers have been jerking him around for four years is a joke. He also showed some versatility last year, showing receiving skills for the first time. I'd rather have Stewart than any RB in the draft not named Trent Richardson. If a 2nd is what it takes, give those assholes a 2nd.

Stewart is awesome. The way the Panthers have been jerking him around for four years is a joke. He also showed some versatility last year, showing receiving skills for the first time. I'd rather have Stewart than any RB in the draft not named Trent Richardson. If a 2nd is what it takes, give those assholes a 2nd.

Holy crap. Where have you been?

Michael Bush is more of a pass catching option than JStew is. He'd probably cost less than Stewart, but I think Cinn might bring him in as a RB1, replacing CedBen. I would prefer Bush over Stewart, but both would be a very nice addition.

Michael Bush is more of a pass catching option than JStew is. He'd probably cost less than Stewart, but I think Cinn might bring him in as a RB1, replacing CedBen. I would prefer Bush over Stewart, but both would be a very nice addition.

That would be plug and play for the Bungals.

2nd round? No way. He doesnt improve the team that much that he's worth that.

I'd like to see the Jets use their draft picks for once.

2nd round? No way. He doesnt improve the team that much that he's worth that.

I'd like to see the Jets use their draft picks for once.

RB is the easiest position to fill, however, the Jets suck at it. We've drafted at least one RB every single year since Rex got here and have virtually nothing to show for it.

If this team is going to go back to "grounding and pounding", it can't do it with Shonn Greene and a random late-round rookie. We're going to be spending an early round pick on a running back anyway, so why not Stewart? Stewart has already proved himself as an elite TALENT, IMO. All he needs is the opportunity.

2011 Carolina Panthers 16 3 142 761 5.4 32 4 47 413 8.8 26 1 1 0 2010 Carolina Panthers 14 7 178 770 4.3 48 2 8 103 12.9 55T 1 4 4 2009 Carolina Panthers 16 3 221 1,133 5.1 67T 10 18 139 7.7 19 1 3 2 2008 Carolina Panthers 16 0 184 836 4.5 41 10 8 47 5.9 15 0 2 1

wow didnt realize Stewart was only 24 years old look at the YPC . This guy is easily a 1200 + yards plus back if featured but I would not mind these numbers if he shares time with Greene to keep them both fresh then go with the hot hand if we make the playoffs

Is Stewart even on the trading blocks??

Not officially, but his rookie deal should be coming to an end, they just resigned Williams to huge money last year, and while Tolbert is currently being hyped as a "fullback", I'm pretty sure that's just bullsh*t. Why would he agree to go back to being a fullback after two years of being a successful tailback?

Stewart is leaving as soon as his contract expires, unless the Panthers decide to eat DeAngelo's contract. They say Stewart isn't on the block, but their offseason moves suggest otherwise.

Archived