Tim Tebow Fans "Official Thread" : Merged

timmy15savesNY

Hello Jet fans, I'm happy to add myself to your mass as a follower of Tebow. I can't begin to explain to you the complete and total change your city, fans, and team are going to go through now that Tebow is here.

It is obviously gods will for Tebow to end up in New York. It only took him two years to save the people of Denver. They are simple, docile mountain folk whom readily accepted the warmth that Tebow brought into their hearts. Timmy was no longer needed there. Timmy has been sent to New York to save you. No other place needed Timmy more than the festering sin bin that is new york. In the coming years he will bring you all into the light if you only believe in him. For every yard he gains, a crack baby will find himself. For ever completion, a prostitute will repent. For every touchdown, corrupt politicians will become honest, and with every win a city full of drunken gang banging sinners will be one step closer to being born again in the light. Prepare to witness the glory and be saved.

May Timmy's light shine upon u.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the first to feel Timmy's message of hope are coach Ryan and that very troubled young man Cromartie. If he wasn't playing football I get the impression he would be robbing liquor stores. I hope Tebow can show him how to turn his life around by accepting Tebow as a teammate and the new face of the franchise and city. All Rex has to do is bench Sanchez.

Hello Jet fans, I'm happy to add myself to your mass as a follower of Tebow. I can't begin to explain to you the complete and total change your city, fans, and team are going to go through now that Tebow is here.

It is obviously gods will for Tebow to end up in New York. It only took him two years to save the people of Denver. They are simple, docile mountain folk whom readily accepted the warmth that Tebow brought into their hearts. Timmy was no longer needed there. Timmy has been sent to New York to save you. No other place needed Timmy more than the festering sin bin that is new york. In the coming years he will bring you all into the light if you only believe in him. For every yard he gains, a crack baby will find himself. For ever completion, a prostitute will repent. For every touchdown, corrupt politicians will become honest, and with every win a city full of drunken gang banging sinners will be one step closer to being born again in the light. Prepare to witness the glory and be saved.

MY GOD, he is single-handedly gonna destroy New York....NOOOOOOO

Hands down post of the year.

So it was "God's will" for him to be a jet?

Timmy was placed where he could do the most good for the world, which is in New York, a city that needs a savior. As for it being gods will that's up to interpretation, I'm not here to discuss religion on a sports forum, it only causes fights. I'm just here to share the good news that your cities savior has arrived. You are all witnesses to Tebow now.

Timmy was placed where he could do the most good for the world, which is in New York, a city that needs a savior. As for it being gods will that's up to interpretation, I'm not here to discuss religion on a sports forum, it only causes fights. I'm just here to share the good news that your cities savior has arrived. You are all witnesses to Tebow now.

WE HAVE LIN ALREADY TIMMY we dont need teebs

Savior? Eli just won his 2nd.

Go work on your mechanics Tebow...You need the extra practice.

I almost wish we are the SOJ franchise of the last 40 years. Instead of this media attension crack whore that we've become. I do think this move will be the catalyst for the eventual departure of both Mike T and Rex. At least the first two years where fun.

Timmy was placed where he could do the most good for the world, which is in New York, a city that needs a savior.

Not gonna help the cholesterol levels... :tongue:

'The famous Carnegie Deli in Manhattan will introduce the Jetbow sandwich on Monday, in honor of new Jets backup quarterback, Tim Tebow. The meal will be about 3.5 pounds and contain corned beef, pastrami, roast beef, American cheese, lettuce and tomato on white bread, and will be introduced Monday to coincide with Tebow's press conference.'

Check out my latest article about the Jets and Tim Tebow! Let me know your thoughts.

As cliché as it may sound, I believe that all would agree that New York is the biggest stage there is in professional sports.

It's the ultimate fishbowl, a place where an athlete can showcase their talents, capture the hearts of the New York faithful and bask in the inimitable glow that comes only when one is lionized and celebrated in the greatest city in the world.

While New York certainly has its fair share of stellar athletes, the keys to the city remain up for grabs.

Derek Jeter is unequivocally a fixture in the Big Apple, and has accomplished more than most sports icons could even hope for. He may very well be as close to New York sports royalty that we will ever see.

But in the waning hours of an incomprehensibly successful career, Jeter is becoming more and more mortal, something that compels us to look for the heir apparent—someone to assume the role of the king of New York sports.

Yes, Eli Manning has a fairly impressive resume as well, but despite his penchant for winning the big game and his Super Bowl rings, Manning has never managed to elevate himself to regal status.

This is not a knock on Manning.

The two-time Super Bowl MVP is a true gentleman and a paragon of humility, discipline and selflessness. But those qualities, while certainly worthy of emulation, do not catapult athletes into the realm of deities.

David Wright comes to mind, but the onerous burden of carrying the entire New York Mets' team for all these years has proven to be too much for a nice kid from Virginia.

The New York Rangers certainly have many talented players, but one is more non-descript than the next.

And while New York Knicks' upstart Jeremy Lin set the city and entire NBA on fire for a couple of weeks with his mystical feats, “Linsanity” proved to be, just as many basketball pundits predicted, a blip, a transitory glimpse into the sort of idol worship and fanaticism that all of us here in New

York crave insatiably.

Will NYC become Tebow Town?

Enter Tim Tebow.

Yes, Mark Sanchez was the chosen one, New York’s Cinderella man, the charming Californian who took the New York Jets and the entire city to two consecutive AFC Championship games.

Sanchez still is the New York Jets starting quarterback.

However, those who were in the midst of planning the coronation for Sanchez have found that disappointment and trepidation have replaced expectation and jubilation.

Last year proved one thing, fairy tales are just that—the slipper does not always fit.

Enter Tim Tebow.

I know many New York fans are incredulous about Tebow’s ability to play quarterback in the NFL. Some of these “nay-sayers” are my friends and fellow Gang Green supporters.

Come on folks, let’s be fair. Give this young man a chance. These are exciting times.

Besides, as a life long Jets fan who has suffered enough, there is no room here for negativity—I need to be optimistic.

We all do.

Tebow has excellent football skills. He also plays the game with a unique blend of boyish enthusiasm and gritty resolve.

This makes Tebow special—it makes him a winner.

Even though the jury is still out as to whether or not Tebow can be successful in a traditional offensive scheme (if that’s what the Jets ultimately decide to do), he also possesses something else of note.

Something intangible, something that is the other prerequisite for laying claim to the kingdom.

Tebow is endowed with a magnetism that is rarely seen, a hypnotic allure that lies suspended somewhere in the amalgamation of his extraordinary athleticism and his charismatic, somewhat idiosyncratic on-field presence.

The fact that Tebow has made such a significant impact on the sport and is still not even two years removed from the college ranks underscores his exceptional ability and limitless potential.

But it is the other facet of his persona that speaks to us: the flair or panache with which he conducts his weekly business that is so captivating.

Tebow is the sort of athlete who makes you suspend what you are doing for the moment and watch when you pass a television set.

Tebow has that savoir faire.

Anytime a community of ardent spectators successfully alters the grammatical usage of a player’s name (unlike the short lived “Linsanity,” “Tebowing” is still alive and well) it suggests that something rather special is unfolding.

When the season opens up in the fall, the Jets and Rex Ryan have stated publicly that Mark Sanchez will be the starting quarterback for the New York Jets.

I believe that is true. And it may be the case for several weeks.

But make no mistake about it; Tim Tebow will see the field before long, and while there are obviously no guarantees, he will get his opportunity to capture our imaginations and perhaps endear himself to us forever in New York sports folklore.

http://bleacherrepor...into-tebow-town

Good take on the situation Frank. Just as I had to get over the initial "bag over my head" embarrassment of TT coming to the Jets, I'll have to quit throwing up in my mouth a little bit before I can truly digest the thought of Tebow Town.

And I'm not totally against the move at all. It could have some very positive results.

The Tebow Party Moves Its Big Tent East

I was not a Jets fan on Wednesday morning. Like many football fans around the country, I was reveling in the schadenfreude of the Jets’ folly, of Rex Ryan’s busted guarantees, of the circular firing squad in the locker room, of Mark Sanchez’s high-profile failures.

By Wednesday night, though, I was on the N.F.L.’s Web site trying to find a Jets jersey.What changed?

Tebow.

I am a Tim Tebow fan. And so, as it turns out, I am now a Jets fan, too.

The legion of zealous fans who cheer for Tebow — call us the Tebow Party — is unlike anything else in sports. Michael Jordan had as many admirers as any other athlete in history, but they didn’t all become Wizards fans when he moved to Washington. Edmonton Oilers fans worshiped Wayne Gretzky, but they didn’t all exchange their blue-and-orange sweaters for the black and silver of the Kings when he was traded to Los Angeles.

Tebow Party devotion is nearly evangelical — converts experience the Tebow phenomenon, then begin rooting for him like crazy. Many found him when he arrived at the University of Florida and immediately helped the Gators win a national title. Others came on board during his Heisman-winning sophomore season, when we learned about his equal dedication to winning and to community service. Still others joined during his junior year, punctuated by his eye-black Bible verses and another title. More still arrived when he was a senior, a year of hysteria appropriately kicked off when Tebow was asked at a season-opening news conference if he was a virgin.

The passion he stirred in fans as a college athlete carried into the N.F.L. Tebow fans — many without allegiance to a pro team — were quick to jump on the Broncos’ bandwagon when Denver drafted him in 2010. Broncos fans were welcoming, and any skepticism about our mutual faith in Tebow was eliminated as he led the team to the playoffs in 2011.

The Tebow bandwagon grew, and we offered a big tent. On its face, Tebowmania appeals to many fans who appreciate his personally evangelical spiritual mission. But I’m a secularly focused Jewish liberal who lived in New York City for most of the last 15 years, hardly the stereotypical exurbanite religious conservative Tebow fan. I and many like me found it easy to believe in Tebow’s essential humanism: work hard and good things will happen. That foundation fits with the ethos of New York, where right now some 25-year-old developer is grinding to build the next big technology company.

Jets fans will like Tebow fandom. Like great underdog stories? Tebow is your guy. Enjoy fantasy football? Tebow has nearly singlehandedly won championships for fantasy players. Appreciate lively sports TV and talk-radio debate? The news media devote endless hours to arguing over Tebow. Fascinated by silly Internet memes? I give you last season’s Tebowing. Want a model of someone who aspires to do the right thing in his daily life? Jets defensive back Antonio Cromartie complained about Tebow on Twitter but backed off quickly; we’re a forgiving bunch, and he is welcome on the bandwagon.

And so we Tebow fans have left our Broncos behind and are on to the next team. My blue Broncos Tebow jersey is buried in the back of the closet; green and white is a drastically new look.

It is an unusual kind of fandom, rooting for the player and not the team — or, more accurately, the player, then the team. In a way, it is a deviant lifestyle choice for the typical sports fan, who roots for the jersey no matter whose name is on the back.

But in another way, it is precisely the same kind of relationship at the core of every person’s fandom, in our case adapted for a player, not a team. Unconditional support? Check. Reckless spending on branded clothes and memorabilia? Check. Yelling at the TV, calling up the talk-radio show and posting largely irrational rantings on Twitter? Check. And is groaning “Ugh! Bench Sanchez!” really that far from what die-hard Jets fans were saying long before Tebow was in the picture?

Here is the new reality of player-based versus team-based support: As a soulless team like the Mets continues to act as if its fans barely matter, which kind of choice shows more faith that might ultimately be redeemed?

Here is what we Tebow fans know — what even the most skeptical Jets fans or Tebow haters will come to know. He makes plays. He wins games. He inspires his teammates. He works hard. He is active in the community. He sells newspapers and jerseys.

Belief that Tebow will ultimately help the Jets isn’t blind faith typical of team fandom (“Maybe next year!”) as much as it is faith that we know what we have seen before and feel certain it will happen again. Die-hard Jets fans may not appreciate him today (they almost certainly will not initially appreciate Tebow fans who parade around in our new Jets jerseys), but just wait for that first touchdown, that decisive 2-point conversion, that critical first-down lunge. People of all football faiths quickly find common ground at the top of the N.F.L. standings. That success is the promise of Tebow on your team and why we are so happy to join you.

But as we newly intermingle — the Tebow faithful and the New York skeptics — perhaps it is the Tebow fans who welcome Jets fans to a winning team, not the other way around.

LINK

Archived