Jets trade Stanton to Colts.

THE ILK

Probably a conditional 7th if he makes the team. That's a lot more then I thought they would. I wonder what happens to the $500,000 the Jets guaranteed?

More then likely falls to the Colts if he makes the team. Makes the trade for Tebow just a 4th, instead of a 4th +

Good to hear, I think this is best case scenario for all parties. Given the 1/2 mill the Jets handed him as a signing bonus, the Jets had absolutely no motivation to cut him outright and would have been foolish to do so. This way, Stanton got his wish and the Jets get something in return for their money spent. Granted it's not a huge deal or anything, as it's only a backup QB, but outside of the old draft and trade scenario, has a new player ever been traded away so quickly? Kind of crazy if you think about it.

Probably a conditional 7th if he makes the team. That's a lot more then I thought they would. I wonder what happens to the $500,000 the Jets guaranteed?

More then likely falls to the Colts if he makes the team. Makes the trade for Tebow just a 4th, instead of a 4th +

Pretty sure it was a signing bonus, in which case the Jets just took the hit for it.

Good to hear, I think this is best case scenario for all parties. Given the 1/2 mill the Jets handed him as a signing bonus, the Jets had absolutely no motivation to cut him outright and would have been foolish to do so. This way, Stanton got his wish and the Jets get something in return for their money spent. Granted it's not a huge deal or anything, as it's only a backup QB, but outside of the old draft and trade scenario, has a new player ever been traded away so quickly? Kind of crazy if you think about it.

Agreed. I just wish they'd announce exactly what we got for him.

OMG what is this organization doing???

Mikey T is an absolute moron.

We are the laughing stock of the NFL.

Get ready for a 2-14 season boys.

Hey JiF, aren't you glad I'll be a Tebow Bunghole sniffer just like you by week 4? :)

Manish says it is Stanton and a 7th rounder to the Colts for a 6th rounder in return.

So essentially the Jets recouped the late round swap they made in the Tebow trade. Although assuming it's the Colts own 6th, they actually came out ahead of their original pick. Not the worst thing in the world considering the situation they put themselves in with this whole series of events.

Archived