What are we doing at #2 WR?

RyanBe_Tweetin

Who said Keller doesnt count? Is he signed long term? how much longer will he be here?

The two probowl lineman drafted in 2006 are great as well.

So the Jets draft offense every 3 years, 2006, 2009 and so maybe now 2012 they will draft some offensive playmakers.

Are you really saying the Steelers let Hines Ward walk? What after his 14 year Career!

They could afford to let Holmes, on of their complimentary receivers, go because they drafted Wallace and Sanders in the 3rd round. They have cheap players to take their place already on their roster.

Everybody says the Steelers are a ground and pound team but since The Steelers drafted Big Ben in the first round in 2004, they have drafted the following even though they already had Hines Ward on the team:

2005 Rd 1 Heath Miller TE

2006 Rd 1 Santonio Holmes WR

2008 Rd1 Rashard Mendenhall RB

2008 Rd 2 Limas Sweed WR

2009 Rd 3 Mike Wallace WR

2010 RD 3 Emmanuel Sanders WR

2010 Rd 6 Antonio Brown WR

The Jets havent drafted a WR in the first 3 rounds of the draft in 10 years!

The Jets traded up to the #5 overall pick in the draft to select their supposed franchise QB and a some point they need to bring in some talent around him. Not guys at the end of their career or on 1 or 2 year contracts, but actual building blocks. The lost 3 of their top 4 wrs last year and went through the season with A guy who is just got out of prison who didnt practice or play in the preseason, Santonio Holmes, and Rookie, and a project at the receiver position.

The Steelers, even though they have a capable receiving TE, have much better talent at WR because they draft it!

It's pretty cool what you can do with a good quarterback

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first question on everyone's mind is: When will the 2012 NFL Draft compensation picks be announced? The NFL announces compensatory picks at the owners meeting at the end of March, March 26-28 this year. That's when we will officially know how many compensation picks the Jets have. For now, we can predict how many they will get.

http://www.nyjets101...ensation-picks/

Thanks

We already have a #2 WR. His name is Santonio Holmes.

All other WR's currently on the roster are decent to half way decent at the #3WR position.

That might be true. But for the style of play the Jets will use, I think Holmes can be a # 1 guy. In the 1,000 yard mold. Certainly not a 1,500 yard guy, but the depth behind him is a bit of an issue.

That might be true. But for the style of play the Jets will use, I think Holmes can be a # 1 guy. In the 1,000 yard mold. Certainly not a 1,500 yard guy, but the depth behind him is a bit of an issue.

I would love Holmes to be a 1000 yard receiver.

But he has crossed that threshold only once in his career. And given how bad he was playing last season I do not see that happening.

Archived