• 57,549 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

Jags owner: Tim passed

Jets Blog
By BART HUBBUCH
Last Updated: 1:34 AM, March 27, 2012
Posted: 1:34 AM, March 27, 2012

PALM BEACH, Fla. — John Elway isn’t the only one contradicting Tim Tebow’s version of how his trade to the Jets went down.
New Jaguars owner Shad Khan told The Post yesterday the Broncos explicitly informed him last week that Tebow spurned a Jacksonville homecoming despite the Jaguars offering more money and a better draft pick than the Jets did.
“Quite frankly, I didn’t know until the Broncos called me back [Wednesday] night that Tim Tebow preferred the Jets,” Khan said during a break in the NFL’s annual meetings, echoing the statements last week by Elway, the Denver VP.

Apparently not wanting to upset his fans in Jacksonville, Tebow told New York writers in a conference call last Thursday night he had no say in the trade and the Broncos “had all the power.”

Tebow backtracked on that during his press conference yesterday, admitting he had input and saying he told Denver he preferred the Jets because he “had a better relationship with the Jets’ coaches.”

Khan said he was “surprised” by Tebow’s decision, but said it was best for everyone involved because the Jaguars didn’t want a player who didn’t want them.

“Frankly, I thought he would be picking Jacksonville because of the chance to play in his hometown,” Khan said. “But this is a free country, and he has the right. I would be disappointed if he was in [Jacksonville] but didn’t want to be here.”

#2 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,508 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:27 AM

If this is true I'm shocked. I can't think of any reason he'd really pick us. I want another season of Hard Knocks to see Tim's reaction to a lets go get a ******* snack pep talk. He's a deity in Jacksonville and while I think Tebow is the 1 QB Mark can beat out Gabbert is the one I think Tebow could possibly win against

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 27 March 2012 - 01:37 AM.

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#3 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,500 posts

I like that he chose us, but not the fact that he lied. For such a good guy, he sure is a liar.

#4 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,500 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

If this is true I'm shocked. I can't think of any reason he'd really pick us. I want another season of Hard Knocks to see Tim reaction to a lets go get a ******* snack pep talk. He's a deity in Jacksonville and while I think Tebow is the 1 QB Mark can beat out Gabbert is the one I think Tebow could possibly win against

This is New York. Thats Jacksonville.

#5 701TebowGatorGuy

701TebowGatorGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:35 AM

I'm with Khan on this one. I figured if it were up to him he would go to Jacksonville. It's his hometown, the fans will make sure he is the starter (Tebow is a god in Florida), and there would be quite a bit less pressure for him to have to win right away. Jacksonville needed him bad too, they can barely fill half of their seats. They are replacing entire sections with billboards. Tebow = instant stadium sellout for them.

Something is fishy here. No way they were offering a higher draft pick and the Broncos didn't take it.

#6 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,508 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

This is New York. Thats Jacksonville.

Now I get it, I missplace my Atlas before the last post

#7 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,500 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

Now I get it, I missplace my Atlas before the last post

If you don't get my meaning, more than actual geographic meaning, than can't help you.

#8 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

• Members
  • 6,508 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

If you don't get my meaning, more than actual geographic meaning, than can't help you.

No, I get it I assumed you where saying he just prefered the Geography because I don't understand why he'd choose this circus if it was up to him. He could start in Jacksonville lose and still be a hero. He's now either going to be stuck as a gimmick player or somehow become starter and get booed out if the building. Plus did you watch that Press conferance? The NY media spent 40 minuets trying to slip him up. They'll get him with some stupid sh*t at some point.

Edited by SayNoToDMC, 27 March 2012 - 01:54 AM.

#9 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 5,500 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 01:57 AM

No, I get it I assumed you where saying he just prefered the Geography because I don't understand why he'd choose this circus if it was up to him. He could start in Jacksonville lose and still be a hero. He's now either going to be stuck as a gimmick player or somehow become starter and get booed out if the building. Plus did you watch that Press conferance? The NY media spent 40 minuets trying to slip him up. They'll get him with some stupid sh*t at some point.

They already got him. He lied. He chose this circus precisely cause the circus that is New York. He got sucked in by the bright lights and the "possibility". There is no pressure here in his case. We all assume he sucks. He can only get better. If he starts, and does well.. he won't get booed. He'll be a king. Look at how we treat that drunk big mouth Namath.

#10 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,601 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:05 AM

If this is true I'm shocked. I can't think of any reason he'd really pick us. I want another season of Hard Knocks to see Tim's reaction to a lets go get a ******* snack pep talk. He's a deity in Jacksonville and while I think Tebow is the 1 QB Mark can beat out Gabbert is the one I think Tebow could possibly win against

Have you ever been to Jax? It's a sh*thole

#11 JetNation

JetNation

Transition Player

• Members
  • 5,807 posts

Post image for Jaguars Owner: Tebow Passed On Us

Bart Hubbuch from the NY Post sheds some light on the Tim Tebow John Elway saga.  Did Tim have a say in where he went?  We have heard conflicting reports, the Jets had the highest offer and the Jets didn’t have the highest offer but Tebow wanted to play here.

John Elway isn’t the only one contradicting Tim Tebow’s version of how his trade to the Jets went down.

New Jaguars owner Shad Khan told The Post yesterday the Broncos explicitly informed him last week that Tebow spurned a Jacksonville homecoming despite the Jaguars offering more money and a better draft pick than the Jets did.

“Quite frankly, I didn’t know until the Broncos called me back [Wednesday] night that Tim Tebow preferred the Jets,” Khan said during a break in the NFL’s annual meetings, echoing the statements last week by Elway, the Denver VP.

Apparently not wanting to upset his fans in Jacksonville, Tebow told New York writers in a conference call last Thursday night he had no say in the trade and the Broncos “had all the power.”

Tebow backtracked on that during his press conference yesterday, admitting he had input and saying he told Denver he preferred the Jets because he “had a better relationship with the Jets’ coaches.”

That settles it Jets fans, Tim Tebow wanted to be a New York Jet.  You can now resume your regularly schedule Tebow-mania.

View the full article

#12 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

I may or may not like things

• Members
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 04:38 AM

They already got him. He lied. He chose this circus precisely cause the circus that is New York. He got sucked in by the bright lights and the "possibility". There is no pressure here in his case. We all assume he sucks. He can only get better. If he starts, and does well.. he won't get booed. He'll be a king. Look at how we treat that drunk big mouth Namath.

NYC is the biggest opportunity he's ever going to have in his life. He's already a hero in Jax. He wins the bowl down there he's the same hero he is now. He wins in NY for the Jets who haven't won anything in a little bit (lol) and he's king of the universe. He fails here and he can always settle back down in his hero status Jacksonville, assuming they have a franchise of course.
This gives him a real opportunity to become even more of a folk hero than he already is. It's actually smart on his part..... he just doesn't know the monster that this place is. Especially being QB or whatever he is of the Jets.
Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

/Users/christopherteaney/Downloads/dark-elf-shaiya.jpg

#13 dadx4

dadx4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 05:30 AM

Well, well, well. I am kind of suprised at this as well. I do know that Tebow felt that he was actually wanted in NY and as a business decision I can't blame him for going to a team that actually wants him and will use him correctly versus a team that is planning their future around a west coast offense and Gabbert. Just my 2 cents.

#14 catfish

catfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:47 AM

I thought he addressed the "lie" in his presser? Didn't he say he was in contact with Elway the whole time, told the FO that he preferred NY, but ultimately it was up to them. They decided that the difference in the draft pick was not sufficient enough to send Tebow somewhere he didn't really want to be. So in his mind he told the truth, the FO had all the control, and they were gracious enough to send him to his preference. I heard the Jax coaches told Tebow he would be third string brought in once or twice a game as a gimmick. The owner wanted Tebow, the coaches did not?

#15 G.O.B.

G.O.B.

Using Excessive Force

• Moderators
  • 17,318 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

Seriously, who would want to play in Jacksonville anyways? They'll attract more players when they're the Los Angeles Jaguars

637844091-amazing-pictures-pilot-s-jet-c

NY Jets Football: 45 Years of complete and utter incompetence.

#16 THE ILK

THE ILK

almost banned yo

• Banned
  • 18,971 posts
  • LocationThe Hall of Doom

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

He chose NY, becuase we deserve it.

Posted Image

#17 ylekram

ylekram

BLUE EYED DEVIL

• Members
  • 2,581 posts
  • Locationhamden,ct.

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:55 AM

I thought he addressed the "lie" in his presser? Didn't he say he was in contact with Elway the whole time, told the FO that he preferred NY, but ultimately it was up to them. They decided that the difference in the draft pick was not sufficient enough to send Tebow somewhere he didn't really want to be. So in his mind he told the truth, the FO had all the control, and they were gracious enough to send him to his preference. I heard the Jax coaches told Tebow he would be third string brought in once or twice a game as a gimmick. The owner wanted Tebow, the coaches did not?

+1 elway and the media tried to make tebow a liar. The new york media are pathetic lowlifes. However, if there wasnt a market for lowlifeness, they wouldnt do it.

#18 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,357 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

I doubt it. I bet Jax didn't want him and now they need to come up with an excuse to appease the rabid Tebow fanbase.

If he went to Jax, he could start, be at home, and be a hero. Here in NY, he gets none of that. Why would he prefer it here?

Edited by stoicsentry, 27 March 2012 - 08:14 AM.

#19 catfish

catfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:30 AM

I doubt it. I bet Jax didn't want him and now they need to come up with an excuse to appease the rabid Tebow fanbase.

If he went to Jax, he could start, be at home, and be a hero. Here in NY, he gets none of that. Why would he prefer it here?

Jax appears to be pretty solidly behind Gabbert as their future, I think Tebow felt after talking ot the coaches that he would have more opportunity to see the field in NY than in Jax. I really don't think he would have been more than 3rd string, never seeing the field in Jax. Also NY is way better overall talent wise, why wouldn't you want to go to NY.

#20 Lurking Troll

Lurking Troll

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

Jax owner and fans wanted him, coach and GM did not. He already went through that BS in Denver.

After each win Elway looked like someone kicked him in the.....stomach.

#21 HessStation

HessStation

FightThePower

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:48 AM

Thing about Jacksonville to boot is, not like Meyer or any other coaches or friends are left for to Tebow to have ties to. If there was/is family, well, what millionaire wants to live that close to their family. Oh and I like that he lies....showed me the dark side of Tebow. Monsterous, that's 4th quarter killer instinct for you.

Edited by HessStation, 27 March 2012 - 08:49 AM.

#22 dadx4

dadx4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:57 AM

Jax owner and fans wanted him, coach and GM did not. He already went through that BS in Denver.

After each win Elway looked like someone kicked him in the.....stomach.

Bingo!!! We have a winner folks.

#23 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,813 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:00 AM

Because Timmy isn't nearly as aw shucks humble as he makes himself out to be. He loves the spotlight and there's nowhere it burns brighter than in New York. He's ambitious and confident and isn't thinking about the downside of the intense local media.

Or maybe he's started to think about it a little bit after that introduction.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#24 The Crusher

The Crusher

DROY

• Moderators
  • 28,894 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:05 AM

Jax appears to be pretty solidly behind Gabbert as their future, I think Tebow felt after talking ot the coaches that he would have more opportunity to see the field in NY than in Jax. I really don't think he would have been more than 3rd string, never seeing the field in Jax. Also NY is way better overall talent wise, why wouldn't you want to go to NY.

I think Sparano being here and being the Wildcat guy and the ground and Clown guy. Tim probably felt he would get a better chance to see the field.

#25 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 16,607 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

FWIW There was an article last week that said that while Denver was in contact with Tebow's "team" (his agent) they never actually talked to him in the last few days.

His agent made the decision because he realized The coaches didn't want Tebow there, and were not going to design an offense scheme for him.

Like I said FWIW

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users