Jags owner: Tim Tebow passed on us

Maxman

Jags owner: Tim passed

Jets Blog

By BART HUBBUCH

Last Updated: 1:34 AM, March 27, 2012

Posted: 1:34 AM, March 27, 2012

PALM BEACH, Fla. — John Elway isn’t the only one contradicting Tim Tebow’s version of how his trade to the Jets went down.

New Jaguars owner Shad Khan told The Post yesterday the Broncos explicitly informed him last week that Tebow spurned a Jacksonville homecoming despite the Jaguars offering more money and a better draft pick than the Jets did.

“Quite frankly, I didn’t know until the Broncos called me back [Wednesday] night that Tim Tebow preferred the Jets,” Khan said during a break in the NFL’s annual meetings, echoing the statements last week by Elway, the Denver VP.

Apparently not wanting to upset his fans in Jacksonville, Tebow told New York writers in a conference call last Thursday night he had no say in the trade and the Broncos “had all the power.”

Tebow backtracked on that during his press conference yesterday, admitting he had input and saying he told Denver he preferred the Jets because he “had a better relationship with the Jets’ coaches.”

Khan said he was “surprised” by Tebow’s decision, but said it was best for everyone involved because the Jaguars didn’t want a player who didn’t want them.

“Frankly, I thought he would be picking Jacksonville because of the chance to play in his hometown,” Khan said. “But this is a free country, and he has the right. I would be disappointed if he was in [Jacksonville] but didn’t want to be here.”

If this is true I'm shocked. I can't think of any reason he'd really pick us. I want another season of Hard Knocks to see Tim's reaction to a lets go get a ******* snack pep talk. He's a deity in Jacksonville and while I think Tebow is the 1 QB Mark can beat out Gabbert is the one I think Tebow could possibly win against

Post image for Jaguars Owner: Tebow Passed On Us

Bart Hubbuch from the NY Post sheds some light on the Tim Tebow John Elway saga.  Did Tim have a say in where he went?  We have heard conflicting reports, the Jets had the highest offer and the Jets didn’t have the highest offer but Tebow wanted to play here.

John Elway isn’t the only one contradicting Tim Tebow’s version of how his trade to the Jets went down.

New Jaguars owner Shad Khan told The Post yesterday the Broncos explicitly informed him last week that Tebow spurned a Jacksonville homecoming despite the Jaguars offering more money and a better draft pick than the Jets did.

“Quite frankly, I didn’t know until the Broncos called me back [Wednesday] night that Tim Tebow preferred the Jets,” Khan said during a break in the NFL’s annual meetings, echoing the statements last week by Elway, the Denver VP.

Apparently not wanting to upset his fans in Jacksonville, Tebow told New York writers in a conference call last Thursday night he had no say in the trade and the Broncos “had all the power.”

Tebow backtracked on that during his press conference yesterday, admitting he had input and saying he told Denver he preferred the Jets because he “had a better relationship with the Jets’ coaches.”

That settles it Jets fans, Tim Tebow wanted to be a New York Jet.  You can now resume your regularly schedule

di
di

I6iL87erBZM

View the full article

If this is true I'm shocked. I can't think of any reason he'd really pick us. I want another season of Hard Knocks to see Tim reaction to a lets go get a ******* snack pep talk. He's a deity in Jacksonville and while I think Tebow is the 1 QB Mark can beat out Gabbert is the one I think Tebow could possibly win against

This is New York. Thats Jacksonville.

I'm with Khan on this one. I figured if it were up to him he would go to Jacksonville. It's his hometown, the fans will make sure he is the starter (Tebow is a god in Florida), and there would be quite a bit less pressure for him to have to win right away. Jacksonville needed him bad too, they can barely fill half of their seats. They are replacing entire sections with billboards. Tebow = instant stadium sellout for them.

Something is fishy here. No way they were offering a higher draft pick and the Broncos didn't take it.

If you don't get my meaning, more than actual geographic meaning, than can't help you.

No, I get it I assumed you where saying he just prefered the Geography because I don't understand why he'd choose this circus if it was up to him. He could start in Jacksonville lose and still be a hero. He's now either going to be stuck as a gimmick player or somehow become starter and get booed out if the building. Plus did you watch that Press conferance? The NY media spent 40 minuets trying to slip him up. They'll get him with some stupid sh*t at some point.

No, I get it I assumed you where saying he just prefered the Geography because I don't understand why he'd choose this circus if it was up to him. He could start in Jacksonville lose and still be a hero. He's now either going to be stuck as a gimmick player or somehow become starter and get booed out if the building. Plus did you watch that Press conferance? The NY media spent 40 minuets trying to slip him up. They'll get him with some stupid sh*t at some point.

They already got him. He lied. He chose this circus precisely cause the circus that is New York. He got sucked in by the bright lights and the "possibility". There is no pressure here in his case. We all assume he sucks. He can only get better. If he starts, and does well.. he won't get booed. He'll be a king. Look at how we treat that drunk big mouth Namath.

If this is true I'm shocked. I can't think of any reason he'd really pick us. I want another season of Hard Knocks to see Tim's reaction to a lets go get a ******* snack pep talk. He's a deity in Jacksonville and while I think Tebow is the 1 QB Mark can beat out Gabbert is the one I think Tebow could possibly win against

Have you ever been to Jax? It's a sh*thole

They already got him. He lied. He chose this circus precisely cause the circus that is New York. He got sucked in by the bright lights and the "possibility". There is no pressure here in his case. We all assume he sucks. He can only get better. If he starts, and does well.. he won't get booed. He'll be a king. Look at how we treat that drunk big mouth Namath.

NYC is the biggest opportunity he's ever going to have in his life. He's already a hero in Jax. He wins the bowl down there he's the same hero he is now. He wins in NY for the Jets who haven't won anything in a little bit (lol) and he's king of the universe. He fails here and he can always settle back down in his hero status Jacksonville, assuming they have a franchise of course.

This gives him a real opportunity to become even more of a folk hero than he already is. It's actually smart on his part..... he just doesn't know the monster that this place is. Especially being QB or whatever he is of the Jets.

Well, well, well. I am kind of suprised at this as well. I do know that Tebow felt that he was actually wanted in NY and as a business decision I can't blame him for going to a team that actually wants him and will use him correctly versus a team that is planning their future around a west coast offense and Gabbert. Just my 2 cents.

I thought he addressed the "lie" in his presser? Didn't he say he was in contact with Elway the whole time, told the FO that he preferred NY, but ultimately it was up to them. They decided that the difference in the draft pick was not sufficient enough to send Tebow somewhere he didn't really want to be. So in his mind he told the truth, the FO had all the control, and they were gracious enough to send him to his preference. I heard the Jax coaches told Tebow he would be third string brought in once or twice a game as a gimmick. The owner wanted Tebow, the coaches did not?

I thought he addressed the "lie" in his presser? Didn't he say he was in contact with Elway the whole time, told the FO that he preferred NY, but ultimately it was up to them. They decided that the difference in the draft pick was not sufficient enough to send Tebow somewhere he didn't really want to be. So in his mind he told the truth, the FO had all the control, and they were gracious enough to send him to his preference. I heard the Jax coaches told Tebow he would be third string brought in once or twice a game as a gimmick. The owner wanted Tebow, the coaches did not?

+1 elway and the media tried to make tebow a liar. The new york media are pathetic lowlifes. However, if there wasnt a market for lowlifeness, they wouldnt do it.

I doubt it. I bet Jax didn't want him and now they need to come up with an excuse to appease the rabid Tebow fanbase.

If he went to Jax, he could start, be at home, and be a hero. Here in NY, he gets none of that. Why would he prefer it here?

Jax appears to be pretty solidly behind Gabbert as their future, I think Tebow felt after talking ot the coaches that he would have more opportunity to see the field in NY than in Jax. I really don't think he would have been more than 3rd string, never seeing the field in Jax. Also NY is way better overall talent wise, why wouldn't you want to go to NY.

Thing about Jacksonville to boot is, not like Meyer or any other coaches or friends are left for to Tebow to have ties to. If there was/is family, well, what millionaire wants to live that close to their family. Oh and I like that he lies....showed me the dark side of Tebow. Monsterous, that's 4th quarter killer instinct for you.

I doubt it. I bet Jax didn't want him and now they need to come up with an excuse to appease the rabid Tebow fanbase.

If he went to Jax, he could start, be at home, and be a hero. Here in NY, he gets none of that. Why would he prefer it here?

Because Timmy isn't nearly as aw shucks humble as he makes himself out to be. He loves the spotlight and there's nowhere it burns brighter than in New York. He's ambitious and confident and isn't thinking about the downside of the intense local media.

Or maybe he's started to think about it a little bit after that introduction.

Jax appears to be pretty solidly behind Gabbert as their future, I think Tebow felt after talking ot the coaches that he would have more opportunity to see the field in NY than in Jax. I really don't think he would have been more than 3rd string, never seeing the field in Jax. Also NY is way better overall talent wise, why wouldn't you want to go to NY.

I think Sparano being here and being the Wildcat guy and the ground and Clown guy. Tim probably felt he would get a better chance to see the field.

FWIW There was an article last week that said that while Denver was in contact with Tebow's "team" (his agent) they never actually talked to him in the last few days.

His agent made the decision because he realized The coaches didn't want Tebow there, and were not going to design an offense scheme for him.

Like I said FWIW

This. He also said during the press conference that he told the Broncos he'd like to be a Jaguar as well, because that's his hometown, etc. I don't think he lied. It just all depends on how you look at it. Ultimately, the Broncos did have the final say.

Why would he want to go back to Jacksonville??

Like any other young guy he probably has wanted to be gone from home for years.

Also, Gabberts gonna start even if he stinks this year. Tebow knows Snachez is on a short leash.

If the Jets start 1-3 or 2-5 guess whats next.............

I'm with Khan on this one. I figured if it were up to him he would go to Jacksonville. It's his hometown, the fans will make sure he is the starter (Tebow is a god in Florida), and there would be quite a bit less pressure for him to have to win right away. Jacksonville needed him bad too, they can barely fill half of their seats. They are replacing entire sections with billboards. Tebow = instant stadium sellout for them.

Something is fishy here. No way they were offering a higher draft pick and the Broncos didn't take it.

Meh, this isnt true. They fill over half the stadium. Their attendance has been up. They have tarps over sections and the stadium is still bigger than Soldier field. The truth is, the stadium is too big for the city. Tebow would not sell out that stadium. A couple of thousand more, yeah. Sell out. No.

Archived