I Really Hope it was All Schottenheimer's Fault

slats

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean the guy who ranked 6th with Chad Pennington in 2008? Then ranked higher than Schottenheimer every single year after? That Tony Sparano?

well then i guess we have nothing to worry about

the guys offense did rank 6th, 4 years ago

on the plus side I think that's the first nice thing RJF has said about any coach or player since 2008. just wait until sparano is here a month you will say he blows goats

Wha??

Getting rid of Herm accomplished nothing because we were still stuck with Chad. Getting rid of Mangini accomplished nothing because it got us stuck with Sanchez. Firing the coach doesn't help when the quarterback is the problem.

He never had one passing offense in the top 10, and I think only 1 in 6 seasons broke the top-15. But hey, evaluating a guy based on 6 years' worth of results is just gobbledygook talk anyways.

You seem to be unwilling to give Brian the high praise he's due. Can't you acknowledge his greatness from the stampede of great football minds that ran to hire him after he .... "resigned"? Won't you simply agree with the poster who's most often 180 degrees askew from the rest of the boards opinions along with the pizza delivery kid? They've been telling us for years how Brian is within a sliver of someday having the Superbowl trophy renamed in his honor.

Getting rid of Herm accomplished nothing because we were still stuck with Chad. Getting rid of Mangini accomplished nothing because it got us stuck with Sanchez. Firing the coach doesn't help when the quarterback is the problem.

I shudder thinking about what the past 3 seasons would have been like with Sanchez and Mangini.

well then i guess we have nothing to worry about

the guys offense did rank 6th, 4 years ago

on the plus side I think that's the first nice thing RJF has said about any coach or player since 2008. just wait until sparano is here a month you will say he blows goats

Sparano sucks and so does Schottenheimer. I just wanted you to know that the sh*t you were saying was completely baseless.

I shudder thinking about what the past 3 seasons would have been like with Sanchez and Mangini.

That is pretty tough to imagine considering Mangini's the guy who traded Sanchez for a handful of magic beans.

Sparano sucks and so does Schottenheimer. I just wanted you to know that the sh*t you were saying was completely baseless.

ah thats better

i am aware the stuff i say is baseless, that's why i say it. to make friends and influence people.

I don't even know how there can be such a thing as a good or bad offensive coordinator. There are a bunch of variables, but the universe of different ways to manipulate them is a limited one of simple arithmetic and geometry. There are only so many different ways to get a numbers advantage and conceal how you're trying to do it, beyond that it just comes down to your guy beating his counterpart. I think that our failings as to the latter are sufficiently self-evident as to not be overly concerned that we've got some sort of unexplained systemic fail as to the former.

I don't even know how there can be such a thing as a good or bad offensive coordinator. There are a bunch of variables, but the universe of different ways to manipulate them is a limited one of simple arithmetic and geometry. There are only so many different ways to get a numbers advantage and conceal how you're trying to do it, beyond that it just comes down to your guy beating his counterpart. I think that our failings as to the latter are sufficiently self-evident as to not be overly concerned that we've got some sort of unexplained systemic fail as to the former.

Welcome to the forum, Mrs. Schottenheimer. Better late than never.

I'd agree to an extent, but it's still a case-by-case thing. At some point when you have this large of a sample of conventional numbers and some interesting comparative stuff, it's not insignificant to make an inference from it. Being unable to prove by advanced metrics that he'd be bad controlling for variables isn't exactly proof that one would show he'd be good either. At least when it comes to Schott. I hated the Sparano hire because I knew even before the his extension that it meant we'd be sticking with Sanchez, and I hate anyone that helps keep Sanchez here. I don't think him being rehired is evidence of anything and that's really not measurable either. There are poorly run organizations rampant throughout this league and they make bad decisions all the time. Including this one. This is a cyclical league, he has 6 seasons under his belt as an OC, and his last name is Schottenheimer; on paper those factors probably played a large role in the process.

Archived