2012 MLB Predictions

JonEJet

This is a tough season to predict. The only real given is that the Tigers will win the AL Central. Both Eastern divisions are loaded and I think the Orioles and Mets are the only teams in those two divisions that aren't playoff caliber. I wouldn't be surprised if anyone besides San Diego won the NL West, and the Central is a toss-up between the Reds, Brewers, and the Cocksuckers.

I am less confident in my predictions than I am in Mark Sanchez's ability to be an NFL QB. I picked the Nats so I can look like a god damn genius should they actually win the NL, which I think they are capable of with their pitching.

Rays

Tigers

Rangers

WC Yankees and Angels

Philles

Cardinals

DBacks

WC Braves and Giants

ALCS: Rangers over Tigers

NLCS: Phillies over Braves

WS: Rangers over Phillies.

I like this except the Phillies scare no one right now and have to hope they don't dig too deep a hole while they await Utley and Howard to return.

I'll go Rangers over Cards......yep the NL looks to be that weak.

The Dickey prediction is looking a lot less crazy today than it did a week ago. Small sample, yada yada yada. But the guy can pitch. Don't recall any knuckeballer winning a Cy Young, unless Phil Niekro did it.

• 5 months later...

Pirates over the Royals in the world series

brett gardner wins the AL MVP

david freese wins the NL MVP

hiroki kuroda and r.a. dickey win the Cy Young awards

so my MVP choices were done after April and Kuroda blew his chance this past month....

but look who may have called it right with RA Dickey :headbang:

i can't help but imagine how much better the Yankees would've been with Gardner all season long.

Freese had a great year and I totally fell for the Royals hype. Pirates cooled off when McCutchen cooled off.

and Kuroda was in the CY Race (a boring race this year) until the last 5-6 starts

i can't help but imagine how much better the Yankees would've been with Gardner all season long.

Freese had a great year and I totally fell for the Royals hype. Pirates cooled off when McCutchen cooled off.

and Kuroda was in the CY Race (a boring race this year) until the last 5-6 starts

Kuroda was never in the CY race......but then again you feel Jeter had a better season than Hamilton.

Kuroda was never in the CY race......but then again you feel Jeter had a better season than Hamilton.

how about that play by Hamilton today? he's a defensive wizard isn't he?

and Hamilton plays outfield, Jeter is shortstop. Jeter has a lot more on his plate son.

We need to do these prediction threads more often. It's like a time capsule to be able to look back and see how we all did with our predictions.

I agree, it's pretty interesting to see how we all perceived the season to be before it started.

Dude. The Reds don't have the pitching to pull that off.

Okay, I'm an idiot.

The Reds pitching and defense were stellar tonight. The hitting wasn't too shabby either. Cincy wins 5-2 on the road in 'Frisco which is a huge advantage in this playoff format. As far as you Yankee fans, I doubt your team will get past the Orioles.

• 1 month later...

Archived