•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

WR Floyd scheduled to visit Jets

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

WR Floyd scheduled to visit Jets

http://espn.go.com/b..._medium=twitter

April, 8, 2012
APR 8
3:56
PM ET
By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd, whose stock has been climbing since an impressive pro day, is scheduled to visit the Jets this coming week. The Jets, who own the 16th pick, are targeting Floyd and pass rushers, according to sources.

Speaking Sunday on Sirius NFL Radio, Floyd listed the Jets among eight teams he's scheduled to visit. The others are the Titans, Rams, Bengals, Cards, Dolphins, 49ers and Vikings, four of whom pick ahead of the Jets in the first round.

Previously, Floyd visited the Browns, Panthers and Eagles, all of whom pick ahead of the Jets.

#2 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

I may or may not like things

• Members
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

He's not making it to 16 and I would be unhappy if they made a trade to get a WR. This is just a non story IMO. Like Lawrence phillups was. :D
Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

/Users/christopherteaney/Downloads/dark-elf-shaiya.jpg

#3 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 20,530 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Not my favorite player but this is good news.

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#4 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:17 PM

I am hopeful that the BAP at 16 is a pash rushing stud. I think Floyd is great, but I don't think WR should be the Jets priority.

#5 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 8,999 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

I don't see him making it to 16 but the FO should bring in every player that might be there to look at or they're not doing their job.

#6 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,348 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

just so we're all on the same page, why will we hate this guy if the jets take him ?
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#7 yuvabuv

yuvabuv

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

The Jets need a lot more before they go out and draft a WR. They should draft a pass rusher in the first and bring braylon back after the draft.

#8 hoping4ASuperBowl

hoping4ASuperBowl

boombastic

• Members
  • 4,210 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

just so we're all on the same page, why will we hate this guy if the jets take him ?

Cause Jet fans hate every player we draft in the 1st round? Except maybe Mangold.
Check out my work:
www.3dyagos.com

#9 Lego My Lageman

Lego My Lageman

The Champ is here

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • LocationCT

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

1 Michael Floyd 2 Ronell Lewis 3 George Iloka

#10 Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special

pumba lookin ass- Chris Ivory

• Members
  • 23,112 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:49 PM

:comb:
 photo c82dba5d-cef7-4044-a308-6f6302c7ad1c.jpg

#11 RyanBe_Tweetin

RyanBe_Tweetin

Rookie Free Agent

• Facebook \ Twitter
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:57 PM

If we took Floyd with the 1st id like this

2. Lewis
3.Taylor
5. RT
6. RB

#12 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,405 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Because he runs like a tight end.

#13 RyanBe_Tweetin

RyanBe_Tweetin

Rookie Free Agent

• Facebook \ Twitter
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

His off the field issues indicate that he's not the kind of person who the Jets need in the locker room. <-- thats the only thing I could think of for now

#14 Il Mostro

Il Mostro

Cazzone

• Members
  • 5,147 posts
  • LocationOut West

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:13 PM

Floyd should be one heck of a downfield blocker for Timmy.
It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's just fun.

#15 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,405 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:16 PM

His off the field issues indicate that he's not the kind of person who the Jets need in the locker room. <-- thats the only thing I could think of for now

You think he is fast? He looks like a lumbering tight end out there. Actually I can think of tight ends that look faster. His upside is that of Keyshawn's. Which is fine and I would be happy with. But his downside is Mike Williams (USC).

#16 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 34,281 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

Good. Round one is for WRs, DBs, pass rushers and linemen ONLY. These are the only positions that ever seem to live up to the expectations of a R1 pick, except the occasional pass rusher. ;)

WR
OLB
or
S

Or trade back into 2.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#17 RyanBe_Tweetin

RyanBe_Tweetin

Rookie Free Agent

• Facebook \ Twitter
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

You think he is fast? He looks like a lumbering tight end out there. Actually I can think of tight ends that look faster. His upside is that of Keyshawn's. Which is fine and I would be happy with. But his downside is Mike Williams (USC).

He ran a 4.4 forty I admit he doesnt play as fast as that but he has some speed. Alshonn Jeffery on the other hand....

#18 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

Duhh, he's from notre dame.

#19 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,573 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

Floyd should be one heck of a downfield blocker for Timmy.

Say what? tebow could use Floyd as a backpack as he rumbles into the end zone.

#20 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

But i was told that since Sanchez did not have time to throw it did not matter who his WR was and thats why Santonio was not performing. So why have another WR that we will have to make excuses for ?

#21 LWC611

LWC611

Rookie Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Cause Jet fans hate every player we draft in the 1st round? Except maybe Mangold.

And Brick.....
Just Enjoy The Season

#22 KSJets

KSJets

The Hammer

• Members
  • 4,194 posts
  • LocationPlainsboro, NJ

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

And Brick.....

No, they get on Brick's case too. Even Revis, who is the best CB in the NFL, has his haters around here too.
"This "breaking news" was addressed a few weeks ago. The Pats suck and all of their accomplishments are bogus as they cheated." - Gainzo

#23 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:22 PM

Really? Since the turn of the century:

Ellis was a staple on this D for years.
Abe was ridiculed for being a wuss, but nobody doubted his ability.
Chad didn't win a SB, but I don't think he is hated by any stretch.
Becht is hated and he probably is deserving.
Moss is more of a love/hate/love again/hate again relationship.
BT is back again! No hate here.
DRob was decent, but given the price the Jets paid, which is not his fault, he is hated.
Vilma was D-Rook of the year, is currently a great (albeit dirty) player, and was only ousted because the Jets changed schemes.
Brick is a very solid LT.
Mangold is the best center ever.
Revis is ok :wink:
Gholston deserves all the hatred that comes his way!
Keller is not terrible, and can become one of the most productive Jets ever if he stays healthy and continues to improve.
We all have opinions on the Sanchise, but the story does not have an ending yet.
Wilson shows promise.
And, Mo is a beast!

The times they are a changin' my friend!

Good. Round one is for WRs, DBs, pass rushers and linemen ONLY. These are the only positions that ever seem to live up to the expectations of a R1 pick, except the occasional pass rusher. ;)

WR
OLB
or
S

Or trade back into 2.

No round one QBs huh? Interesting theory, but not too many GMs on your side there. Outside of QBs, you list leaves RBs, TEs, MLBs, PKs, and punters. Bet Ray Lewis would have something to say about that, but then again, what doesn't he have an opinion on?

#24 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 34,281 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:30 PM

No round one QBs huh? Interesting theory, but not too many GMs on your side there. Outside of QBs, you list leaves RBs, TEs, MLBs, PKs, and punters. Bet Ray Lewis would have something to say about that, but then again, what doesn't he have an opinion on?

Round one QBs are probably the most obvious answer when discussing positions that never live up to round 1 selection expectations... and that is the point of what I was posting about. Doesn't mean you don't take a QB in round one if you have to, but my point was that they never live up to expectations.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#25 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 8,541 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

I think the JETS can get Floyd. If we use the #16 pick and combine it with the 2nd, 3rd and the 4th (we get for Sanchez) we can easily move a few spots up to get Floyd!

Edited by JetsFanInDenver, 09 April 2012 - 03:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users