Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WR Floyd scheduled to visit Jets

36 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

WR Floyd scheduled to visit Jets

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/11700/wr-floyd-scheduled-to-visit-jets?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

April, 8, 2012

APR 8

3:56

PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd, whose stock has been climbing since an impressive pro day, is scheduled to visit the Jets this coming week. The Jets, who own the 16th pick, are targeting Floyd and pass rushers, according to sources.

Speaking Sunday on Sirius NFL Radio, Floyd listed the Jets among eight teams he's scheduled to visit. The others are the Titans, Rams, Bengals, Cards, Dolphins, 49ers and Vikings, four of whom pick ahead of the Jets in the first round.

Previously, Floyd visited the Browns, Panthers and Eagles, all of whom pick ahead of the Jets.

Registered members don't see this ad. Register today, it is free! If you already have an account you can log in here.

Registered members don't see this ad. Register today, it is free! If you already have an account you can log in here.

Posted · Report post

He's not making it to 16 and I would be unhappy if they made a trade to get a WR. This is just a non story IMO. Like Lawrence phillups was. :D

Posted · Report post

Not my favorite player but this is good news.

Posted · Report post

I am hopeful that the BAP at 16 is a pash rushing stud. I think Floyd is great, but I don't think WR should be the Jets priority.

Posted · Report post

I don't see him making it to 16 but the FO should bring in every player that might be there to look at or they're not doing their job.

Posted · Report post

just so we're all on the same page, why will we hate this guy if the jets take him ?

Posted · Report post

The Jets need a lot more before they go out and draft a WR. They should draft a pass rusher in the first and bring braylon back after the draft.

Posted · Report post

just so we're all on the same page, why will we hate this guy if the jets take him ?

Cause Jet fans hate every player we draft in the 1st round? Except maybe Mangold.

Posted · Report post

1 Michael Floyd 2 Ronell Lewis 3 George Iloka

Posted · Report post

:comb:

Posted · Report post

If we took Floyd with the 1st id like this

2. Lewis

3.Taylor

5. RT

6. RB

Posted · Report post

Because he runs like a tight end.

Posted · Report post

His off the field issues indicate that he's not the kind of person who the Jets need in the locker room. <-- thats the only thing I could think of for now

Posted · Report post

Floyd should be one heck of a downfield blocker for Timmy.

Posted · Report post

His off the field issues indicate that he's not the kind of person who the Jets need in the locker room. <-- thats the only thing I could think of for now

You think he is fast? He looks like a lumbering tight end out there. Actually I can think of tight ends that look faster. His upside is that of Keyshawn's. Which is fine and I would be happy with. But his downside is Mike Williams (USC).

Posted · Report post

Good. Round one is for WRs, DBs, pass rushers and linemen ONLY. These are the only positions that ever seem to live up to the expectations of a R1 pick, except the occasional pass rusher. ;)

WR

OLB

or

S

Or trade back into 2.

Posted · Report post

You think he is fast? He looks like a lumbering tight end out there. Actually I can think of tight ends that look faster. His upside is that of Keyshawn's. Which is fine and I would be happy with. But his downside is Mike Williams (USC).

He ran a 4.4 forty I admit he doesnt play as fast as that but he has some speed. Alshonn Jeffery on the other hand....

Posted · Report post

Duhh, he's from notre dame.

Posted · Report post

Floyd should be one heck of a downfield blocker for Timmy.

Say what? tebow could use Floyd as a backpack as he rumbles into the end zone.

Posted · Report post

But i was told that since Sanchez did not have time to throw it did not matter who his WR was and thats why Santonio was not performing. So why have another WR that we will have to make excuses for ?

Posted · Report post

Cause Jet fans hate every player we draft in the 1st round? Except maybe Mangold.

And Brick.....

Posted · Report post

And Brick.....

No, they get on Brick's case too. Even Revis, who is the best CB in the NFL, has his haters around here too.

Posted · Report post

Really? Since the turn of the century:

Ellis was a staple on this D for years.

Abe was ridiculed for being a wuss, but nobody doubted his ability.

Chad didn't win a SB, but I don't think he is hated by any stretch.

Becht is hated and he probably is deserving.

Moss is more of a love/hate/love again/hate again relationship.

BT is back again! No hate here.

DRob was decent, but given the price the Jets paid, which is not his fault, he is hated.

Vilma was D-Rook of the year, is currently a great (albeit dirty) player, and was only ousted because the Jets changed schemes.

Brick is a very solid LT.

Mangold is the best center ever.

Revis is ok :wink:

Gholston deserves all the hatred that comes his way!

Keller is not terrible, and can become one of the most productive Jets ever if he stays healthy and continues to improve.

We all have opinions on the Sanchise, but the story does not have an ending yet.

Wilson shows promise.

And, Mo is a beast!

The times they are a changin' my friend!

Good. Round one is for WRs, DBs, pass rushers and linemen ONLY. These are the only positions that ever seem to live up to the expectations of a R1 pick, except the occasional pass rusher. ;)

WR

OLB

or

S

Or trade back into 2.

No round one QBs huh? Interesting theory, but not too many GMs on your side there. Outside of QBs, you list leaves RBs, TEs, MLBs, PKs, and punters. Bet Ray Lewis would have something to say about that, but then again, what doesn't he have an opinion on?

Posted · Report post

No round one QBs huh? Interesting theory, but not too many GMs on your side there. Outside of QBs, you list leaves RBs, TEs, MLBs, PKs, and punters. Bet Ray Lewis would have something to say about that, but then again, what doesn't he have an opinion on?

Round one QBs are probably the most obvious answer when discussing positions that never live up to round 1 selection expectations... and that is the point of what I was posting about. Doesn't mean you don't take a QB in round one if you have to, but my point was that they never live up to expectations.

Posted (edited) · Report post

I think the JETS can get Floyd. If we use the #16 pick and combine it with the 2nd, 3rd and the 4th (we get for Sanchez) we can easily move a few spots up to get Floyd!

Edited by JetsFanInDenver