Jay Richardson a Jet...

BurnleyJet

If there's any position I'll ever give Rex the benefit of the doubt on, it's DL, which I think is easily this team's deepest position. This far into FA, I'm sure the contract they dealt him is next to nothing, and if he even makes the team, at most he'll be behind all of Pouha, DeVito, Wilkerson and Dixon on the depth chart, and probably Ellis as well, so might as well just see what he's got come camp, because it's not like they're really going to be counting on him.

Stats have gone steadily downhill since '08 -- only played in 7 games last year due to injury. Our kind of guy on the stat curve. Rex will surely talk about him as though he is the second coming of Deacon Jones.

http://www.nfl.com/p...2495719/profile

Those 7 games were with Seattle in 2010. He was out of football last year. Normally that would be the kiss of death, but with the lockout, limited offseason and the fact that he probably isn't practice squad eligible, it's probably not that telling. Doesn't mean that he has any great chance, but he has one. He is basically looking to replace Jarron Gilbert. Seems to fit what we expect from our 5 tech guys, but who knows if he can do the job?

Archived