the Jets should trade up for Trent Richardson

Blackout

The Jets have many holes to fill & you want them in essence to wipe out their draft on a so called can't miss RB? I can see that on a QB but not RB

we already have a QB (Tebow) and our defense will be better than last years

I'm talking about only making that kind of trade up for a so called can't miss QB prospect. What makes you think the D is going to be better?

I'm assuming Landry, a healthy Thomas, and possibly a good year from Mo is what he means. But I'm not very convinced any of those will make a significant difference or a very good year from Mo will happen.

you guys are funny. The jets defense ranked 5th last year with bad safety play and an ineffective pass rush. With the addition of landry and hopefully a lb/de draft pickup our defense can only get better. Trent richardson would HELP our defense. keep them off the field (Something we couldnt do last year) and give the opposing team bad starting position.

Exactly, and that's a lot of aaumptions. Landry is always hurt as it is & Scott is a year older & has lost a step. Further, pass rusher was not addresed. in FA. So I don't see how the D is any better, and is possibly worse, and you can't improve it if you trade up for TR

you guys are funny. The jets defense ranked 5th last year with bad safety play and an ineffective pass rush. With the addition of landry and hopefully a lb/de draft pickup our defense can only get better. Trent richardson would HELP our defense. keep them off the field (Something we couldnt do last year) and give the opposing team bad starting position.

I really didn't even think about this. Starting to want Trent Richardson really bad, but I doubt the Jets are going to get him.

This all depends on what it would take to get to get #3. If it costs us more than say our #1,#2, and a mid rounder next year, then I'm not interested. However, if the price is reasonable, Trent Richardson is an identity setter for this offense. We would be able to truly run a Ground and Pound running game effectively, and let Shonn Greene close out games smashing tired defenses like the good ole days...

Well you're pretty funny if you think the Jets D was actually a top 5 D or that one draft pick (that will cost a bundle) will cure all the problems. Do you think anyone will have success running behind Hunter. How about the high possibility of both Thomas & Scott's play significantly dropping this year?

Why?

Because perception is more important than performance or statistics. Because they had the luxury of a good offense playing with them that kept them off the field and also put the opponents into predictable come-from-behind mode all the time. Oh, and they didn't have a great pass rusher or amazing safeties. There were better Division IAA schools with better defenses.

the jets need to look at Willson the Qb why not this kid has talent brees like talent hey why not we can move to the 4th he will be there is just crazy we will blow this draft i mean upshaw really if we drop to 20 get Hightower he can play outside and inside and he can cover and a smart guy upshaw cant run with TE we need good players not jus a a 3rd down players

the jets need to look at Willson the Qb why not this kid has talent brees like talent hey why not we can move to the 4th he will be there is just crazy we will blow this draft i mean upshaw really if we drop to 20 get Hightower he can play outside and inside and he can cover and a smart guy upshaw cant run with TE we need good players not jus a a 3rd down players

Punctuation helps.

Translation:

The Jets need to look at Wilson the QB. Why not? This kid has talent - Brees like talent. Hey, why not? We can move to the 4th. He will be there. It's just crazy that we will blow this draft. I mean, Upshaw? Really? If we drop to 20 then get Hightower. He can play outside and inside and he can cover and he's a smart guy. Upshaw can't run with a TE. We need good players - not just 3rd down only players.

Translation:

The Jets need to look at Wilson the QB. Why not? This kid has talent - Brees like talent. Hey, why not? We can move to the 4th. He will be there. It's just crazy that we will blow this draft. I mean, Upshaw? Really? If we drop to 20 then get Hightower. He can play outside and inside and he can cover and he's a smart guy. Upshaw can't run with a TE. We need good players - not just 3rd down only players.

Ohhhhhhhhh. I don't like Upshaw either.

Richardson is the best RB since Peterson and maybe even better than he was coming out of school. I wouldn't normally want the Jets to pay for a move up like this but I think Richardson is that good. I'm not a fan of Greene or McKnight and Powel hasn't shown anything either. Would love to see the Jets move Greene to get the 4th rd pick back they lost in the Tebow trade if they do land Richardson. I think they make a more modest move up for Ingram but I won't be unhappy at all with Richardson even at the probable high cost. Running the ball is supposed to be the identity of this team on offense. That's really tough to accomplish with the mediocrity of our RBs. You can blame the OL all you want but Greene is a straight ahead runner that won't get anything more than what is blocked, he's not much as a receiver, and he gets caught from behind too often for my liking. Richardson is a stud

Is he an every down back in your opinion? I'm not too familiar with his receiving skills

Hard to knock a guy who's only knock is that he's not as physically talented as the most physically talented RB of all time (of all time!).

For what this team seems to want to do...So long as they don't overpay I don't know how it can actually go wrong...Of course unless they plan to break their whole visitation trend...and this would be the year to do it IMO...this is all moot. It's more likely they trade up for Ingram than Richardson.

The only thing we have in our favor is that the cost to trade up to #3 won't be nearly as bad as #2.

RG3 cost the Redskins a lot, but right now, it seems the Vikings are having a hard time finding a trade partner for #3 - which is why they are shopping it so aggressively. I'd hate to see the Jets jump forward for a lot, but if they can do it and retain a 2nd and 3rd rounder somehow, then I'm game.

My trade Revis scenario seems to be the better way to go - Hershel Walker the Vikings. lol

He's not even as good of a prospect as AP.

You dont trade up for RB's in the first. Its an obsolete position. FML

maybe not obsolete but... yeah. ridiculous idea. If we really wanted to jumpstart the running game couldn't we stay put and have a good shot at that guard that everyone has a boner for? And then spend (another) mid round pick on a back? Or am I missing something here?

maybe not obsolete but... yeah. ridiculous idea. If we really wanted to jumpstart the running game couldn't we stay put and have a good shot at that guard that everyone has a boner for? And then spend (another) mid round pick on a back? Or am I missing something here?

Maybe not, but its de-valued...a lot. I'd be much happier with DeCastro and mid round back. In fact, I'd be even happier if they drafted DeCastro and didnt touch a back in this draft.

Archived