If Herm Got canned would any coach in NFL hire him as a DC

afosomf

If Herm got canned here he would be snapped up as a HC real quick.

Look at some of the guys who will probably get fired.

1) Capers

2) Norv Turner

3) Mike Tice (Depending on how the Viking finish)

4) Mularkey could be in trouble in Buffalo

5) Marts or whoever is coaching the Rams these days.

6) Vermeil (Well he won't get fired but he may retire)

7) Billick

There are going to be alot of HC openings after the season.

Alot of people may not like Herm as a HC but I would be very suprised if he did NOT end up with another HC position.

I think Herm could do good things in Detroit.

Their division is weak, and Herm's done an "ok" job in the WAY more difficult AFCE.

Not so sure the Fords would consider him though.

It pains me to say this, but the Lions as an organization are so bad that Herm is overqualified for that position. The Lions are hopeless.

What really recommends him, especially coming off a 2 or 3 win season? Edwards was the DB coach in Tampa. Even with all the FAs signed and drafted, the Jets secondary is today and for his entire term much worse than the Glenn/Coleman unit he took over. Now, some dumb team might get snowed over with his charm and line o'sh!t, but not if they do any homework at all.

As far as being a HC, how do you sell anyone, their fans or the local press coming off this debacle?

You noticed i Spelled out DC.... There is no way in hell jackie Chiles II gets another HC gig in NFL.

Now id some second tier college wants him to teach the young ones some life values... he is their man!

You mean like dumping the 1st wife for a newer model?

Archived