Jets have talked to Richardson and he's # 1 on our board.

JetsFanNick12

Mehta tweets:

• Unless Trent Richardson unexpectedly starts to slide, I've been told it's unlikely Jets will give up requisite picks to trade up 4 him #nyj

• Trent Richardson, but feeling in organization is it'll be too pricey to trade up dozen spots. "It's ridiculous," 1 official said

Okay, at least they know better... this feels more like misinformation derived from a rumor than anything

Trent Richardson is the No. 1 player on the Jets' draft board, ESPN's Sal Paolantonio reported today. #Jets

At NFL event today, Trent Richardson said #Jets called him Sunday to verify correct contact info just in case they trade up for him.

Hey Trent Richardson, thanks for being a %&*%&*&* douche and talking about it before the draft.

I fail to see the strategic purpose of leaking this if it is a smokescreen... which has me worried.

Yeah

This is either the dumbest move the Jets have ever made, or something else is going on. There is just no way a team that is seriously going to trade up to #3 calls a player to confirm is #. No way.

Only things that make sense.

1) It is total BS

2) They are trying to move up some for another player, and are throwing smoke out there.

3) Revis is about to become a Vike

What it would cost to move up. (based on draft value chart)

Value of the #3 pick is 2,200, value of Jets #16 pick is 1,000.

So we have to find 1,200 points. Jets #47 pick is 430 points. Jets #77 is 205 points. Jets #154 is 29.8 points. Jets #187 16.6 points Round 7 value is almost miniscule (less than single digits.)

681.4 points based on the picks they have this year outside of round one. So the Jets have 1,681.4 points. They would need another 600 points roughly.

So for the Jets to acquire Richardson at #3 it will likely cost them This years #1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and next years #1 to get him.

It's not worth it.

Yeah

This is either the dumbest move the Jets have ever made, or something else is going on. There is just no way a team that is seriously going to trade up to #3 calls a player to confirm is #. No way.

1) It is total BS

2) They are trying to move up some for another player, and are throwing smoke out there.

This is most likely. Perhaps they move up 3-4 picks to acquire DeCastro or Barron. DeCastro thinking that he can play right tackle, which I have heard is not implausible.

What it would cost to move up. (based on draft value chart)

Value of the #3 pick is 2,200, value of Jets #16 pick is 1,000.

So we have to find 1,200 points. Jets #47 pick is 430 points. Jets #77 is 205 points. Jets #154 is 29.8 points. Jets #187 16.6 points Round 7 value is almost miniscule (less than single digits.)

681.4 points based on the picks they have this year outside of round one. So the Jets have 1,681.4 points. They would need another 600 points roughly.

So for the Jets to acquire Richardson at #3 it will likely cost them This years #1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and next years #1 to get him.

It's not worth it.

The trade chart is a good baseline, but it doesn't account for demand. If nobody wants the pick, including the team trading it - it can be had for less. Look at what we paid for the pick we used on Sanchez. Peanuts.

The demand for the #1 and #2 pick in this draft was substantial - franchise QBs. After that, we have a bunch of teams trying to move down.... no way the chart is relevant in these circumstances.

I haven't checked but I think the Redskins actually overpaid based on the chart for the RG3.

I would think their love of Richardson is probably partly how good they think he will be and partly due a perceived need for a number 1 back for the ground and pound. I think that may mean you will see us select one of the top 3 or 4 runningbacks in this draft.

Yeah

1) It is total BS

Its probably #2

They are probably working the phones, and to cover their asses trying to make it look like they are coming up for #3 pick. When in actuality probably trying to move up to 8-12.

Would be awesome if they were going after Barron.

Yeah

1) It is total BS

I am seriously starting to like the Revis trade idea if they can somehow get the cap hit down a bit.

All teams do several mock drafts to be prepared for any situation. Perhaps one of their mocks has Richardson falling a good bit. If that scenario happens they would move up a few spots for him.

It still doesn't make any sense to let this info get out by calling the player.

They are not giving up their whole draft, and half of next years for a RB. At least I hope not

The trade chart is a good baseline, but it doesn't account for demand. If nobody wants the pick, including the team trading it - it can be had for less. Look at what we paid for the pick we used on Sanchez. Peanuts.

The demand for the #1 and #2 pick in this draft was substantial - franchise QBs. After that, we have a bunch of teams trying to move down.... no way the chart is relevant in these circumstances.

I haven't checked but I think the Redskins actually overpaid based on the chart for the RG3.

I'll agree to an extent. The chart isn't valuable in this case for the exact same reason as it was for RG3. Now team want to get to Pick #3 for either Richardson or Tannehill. There are many teams linked to Tannehill just as their are to get Richardson. So based on my earlier formula it may cost in addition a 2 and a 3

Archived