Draft Day Thread (Day Two)

Maxman

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what is on your wish list for day two? WR? Safety? RT?

If the Jets could walk away with a WR and RT that can contribute this year, that would be a really good thing.

That would be awesome. if.they could somehow get Upshaw as well it would be a coup.

That would be awesome. if.they could somehow get Upshaw as well it would be a coup.

Well they had all night to think about it. That is the nice thing about breaking the draft over 3 days I guess.

Yes. THIS. Draft good players.

That should be on a sign somewhere so they have it as a reminder, lol.

Seriously, maybe they should have 3 colors. Red (for draft a bad player), Yellow (for draft an ok player), and Green (for draft a good player).

That should help.

Seriously, maybe they should have 3 colors. Red (for draft a bad player), Yellow (for draft an ok player), and Green (for draft a good player).

That should help.

The color coding system clearly doesn't work. Bad idea.

Someone posted yesterday that the Jets shouldn't draft Ryan Leaf or Lawrence Phillips. I too would not like the Jets to draft Ryan Leaf nor Lawrence Phillips.

If the Jets could find a Blair Thomas type in the 3rd round I would totally support making that pick.

Maybe trade Pace and a pick to swap 2nds and give them a fifth get upshaw and still have our 3rd for a OT or WR

That sounds good but I am not sure Pace even has that kind of value at this point.

A RT in the 3rd round sounds good though. I will leave it to the experts to tell me who that should be. :)

Given all the Rex proclamations about the Jets "fixing" the locker room this year, I'm really pulling for Alshon Jeffery tonight. Him and Coples would be too funny.

i am hopin they take Janoris Jenkins, between his kids and Cro's they can run the scout team

Best available between: OLB, WR, T, RB, S.

I think that Coples pick kinda blows in the sense that we didn't even fill one of our positions of need.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I actually like the fact that Coples doesn't fill a specific need. Tells me the Jets stayed true to their board. I hope to see more of that sort of thing tonight.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I actually like the fact that Coples doesn't fill a specific need. Tells me the Jets stayed true to their board. I hope to see more of that sort of thing tonight.

I think we're just so used to watching Tannenbaum burn resources in trades that seeing him actually stand pat and not overreact is considered a great luxury.

I don't get it. I want to see a pick that takes Wayne Hunter off the field, improving our overall on-field talent. A pick that takes Eric Smith off the field, or Bryan Thomas, or Chaz Schillens, those kind of guys. They may be OK for depth but none of them should be seeing the field as a starter.

I don't get it. I want to see a pick that takes Wayne Hunter off the field, improving our overall on-field talent. A pick that takes Eric Smith off the field, or Bryan Thomas, or Chaz Schillens, those kind of guys. They may be OK for depth but none of them should be seeing the field as a starter.

The Jets have so many needs that they'll almost certainly hit one with the BAP whenever they're on the clock.

The teams that win the draft every year are the ones who go BAP with every pick. When you try to pigeonhole a position to a pick, you usually wind up having to try to fix that position again sooner rather than later.

The Jets have so many needs that they'll almost certainly hit one with the BAP whenever they're on the clock.

The teams that win the draft every year are the ones who go BAP with every pick. When you try to pigeonhole a position to a pick, you usually wind up having to try to fix that position again sooner rather than later.

Well I look at our D-line and see Pouha, DeVito, Wilkerson, Ellis, Dixon, Pituoutoua and now Coples. So it was by far our deepest position already.

And listening to Sal Paolantonio on ESPN right now, it's downright scary based on all the scouting reports. No motivation, no passion, no effort, etc. It's not like he was an obvious BAP. That would be different. If he's an obvious BAP then OK. But he's not.

Meh.

Well I look at our D-line and see Pouha, DeVito, Wilkerson, Ellis, Dixon, Pituoutoua and now Coples. So it was by far our deepest position already.

And listening to Sal Paolantonio on ESPN right now, it's downright scary based on all the scouting reports. No motivation, no passion, no effort, etc. It's not like he was an obvious BAP. That would be different. If he's an obvious BAP then OK. But he's not.

Meh.

You have defended the Jets over everything else, this is the one you are meh over? lol.....

You have defended the Jets over everything else, this is the one you are meh over? lol.....

I think I'm almost always down about draft picks. I remember I was disappointed with the Wilkerson pick last year, and Wilson the year before that.

I never like to hear that a guy has no motor/little motivation, that's draft-speak for "you will not be rooting for this guy."

As with basically any other move the Jets make, I trust that Tanny/Rex will forget 1,000X more about football in their lives than I will ever remember, BUT, it's just one of those times when I want an explanation. I wanna hear more of, "That's nonsense, this guy is highly motivated, he's got the motor, the passion.. you see it in his eyes, you see it on the field," that sort of thing. With him, Wilkerson, Wilson, etc, this regime seems to like drafting non-expressive guys in the 1st.

Meh.

You mean like Ghoulston was the BAP?

The Coples pick kind of did fill a need though, if maybe not a specific position. The need was to upgrade the pass rush, and having Coples on the field will improve the pass rush more than a potentially mediocre edge rusher at OLB at least IMO. It's not like Bryan Thomas is some terrible player, people just wish he got after the QB a little better. If there was no clear upgrade over him which is obviously what the Jets thought (and I happen to agree) I'm okay with trying to improve your pass rush in another way.

Lots of good tackles left, so that would be a nice direction to go in. A couple of good WR's and OLB's too, and some safeties who would be upgrades over Eric Smith although I think they'd be better options in the third round. I don't think they could go wrong standing pat and seeing who slips, but if there's somebody they love there are some really good talents out there that would be nice to go up and get. We'll see, should be fun. Hopefully at least one starter comes out of today.

I'm not looking at best available payer lists so when the jets pick I can just enjoy it

if you have your heart set on a guy, there is 5% chance they will take him

only pick I ever got was d'brick, and that was the most obvious pick EVER

Archived