OT Is Now Our Most Glaring Need

TNJet

At 47, I think we have to get the best OT available whoever it may be. Mike Adams, Bobby Massie or Cordy Glen should still be on board at 47 therefore we'd be crazy to wait and not get a guy that can come in and play right away and be an instant upgrade over Ducasse and Hunter. WR is a 3rd round task imo, with Nick Toon or Brian Quick being there later on. While we are thin at WR, we do still have Holmes and Keller to help us as always, and Kerley and Schillens can catch the ball and make plays thats already been proven. Get Offensive Line in round 2!

At 47, I think we have to get the best OT available whoever it may be. Mike Adams, Bobby Massie or Cordy Glen should still be on board at 47 therefore we'd be crazy to wait and not get a guy that can come in and play right away and be an instant upgrade over Ducasse and Hunter. WR is a 3rd round task imo, with Nick Toon or Brian Quick being there later on. While we are thin at WR, we do still have Holmes and Keller to help us as always, and Kerley and Schillens can catch the ball and make plays thats already been proven. Get Offensive Line in round 2!

WR

No, because that assumes that we are going to throw the football at least once a game. No way with ground and pound do you ever need to throw the football. As a matter of fact, if we have one pass attempt next season, I will consider that a failure.

Kerley hands off to our new Alstott (Tebow) 50 times a game?

Kerley hands off to our new Alstott (Tebow) 50 times a game?

I want a WR in the second. I also want a RB in the third (Turbin or James), so I'm sure I won't get my wish.

I say go ahead with Wayne Hunter and his new contract and maybe take a tackle or two later in the draft, like fifth round and sixth.

If the only problem on offense was Wayne Hunter, we'd have been a whole lot better than we were last year, I think.

I want a WR in the second. I also want a RB in the third (Turbin or James), so I'm sure I won't get my wish.

I say go ahead with Wayne Hunter and his new contract and maybe take a tackle or two later in the draft, like fifth round and sixth.

If the only problem on offense was Wayne Hunter, we'd have been a whole lot better than we were last year, I think.

Our biggest issue was that the main guy who is suppose to throw the football.. didn't throw the football.

OT. When was the last time we drafted a WR high? Keyshawn? Mhmm

I see your point, but if thats the logic then whats the point of ever drafting players? We drafted Gholston, does that mean we never take a DE in the first round again?

I think that we have a chance of getting a OT replacement in the later rounds than we could get a player with Jeffery's skillset. I think this guy is a freak. We have 8 more picks after the 2nd round. We can get an OT.

I really liked floyd but after coming across Jeffery, I think he's the best WR this draft and he's still available. Its not that we dont need a OT, Im in total agreement with that. But Jeffery will be gone tonight, and if he's not a Jet because we didnt pick him then I would say thats a bad decision.

Its not happening guys, its Oline or more defense in round 2. Ask Rex, he will tell you.

Rex needs to understand that he has a QB with virtually no targets. Its not uncommon to get a very good Olineman in the later rounds, If we do not pick up a target for Sanchez this round then we will be stuck with having to pick up braylon (which I do want) but he's older and wont be here for years to come.

We need to get Jeffery and get OT,LB, RB in the later rounds. Shonn Greene is good, but no one could have ran behind that line last year, which does compliment your point, but like I said, its not like we cant get linemen later in the rounds. I wouldnt sacrifice passing on possibly the best WR in the draft for a lineman. Im sorry, especially when you can find ways to fill the spot much easier than you can a dynamic WR.

we should see who is gonna be there. if there's a run on WR then i'd rather have the 5th best OT than the 12th best WR. and vice versa. As long as they take a player of value, i'll be happy.

Agreed. Plus there is a ton of late round WR talent.

I'd still like to double up on potential pass rusher...go OL in the 3rd and then look for our WR late. But thats just me.

Here's the thing...We have 2 turds already at RT. If we wait past the 2nd round to draft one, we will in all honestly draft another turd. We need an instant upgrade. At wr, we have Holmes which is a probowl caliber wr. At RT we have sh!t.

Agreed. Plus there is a ton of late round WR talent.

I'd still like to double up on potential pass rusher...go OL in the 3rd and then look for our WR late. But thats just me.

This isn't a terrible idea either. I keep thinking Vinny Curry from Marshall to team with Coples. Yikes for Brady.

Here's the thing...We have 2 turds already at RT. If we wait past the 2nd round to draft one, we will in all honestly draft another turd. We need an instant upgrade. At wr, we have Holmes which is a probowl caliber wr. At RT we have sh!t.

Jets need to stick to their board, period.

If an OT tops their board when they pick, great! But if there's any sort of run on OTs before the Jets are on the clock and they force a tackle pick anyway - they'll probably wind up with a guy who would've been there in the 3rd round.

Jets need help at WR, RB, S, OLB, TE, G, CB.... if they stick to the board and take the best football player, they'll probably wind up also filling a need.

In the later rounds, when you're throwing darts blind-folded anyway, is when you start targeting positions.

Archived