• B
    • C
    • D
    • F

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gave it an A because I'm a homer.

1st - Didn't expect him to be there...Best pass rusher in the draft...elite size...high end athleticism....

2nd - Great value again as many had Hill pegged for the end of the first, and some even considered him a legit option for 16 (based on the visitation trend). Has every single tool the Jets were looking for at WR...the offensive skill guys already here lacked elite size and elite speed, and he has both.

3rd - A top tier sleeper...Too few (here) acknowledged him on draft day, but if you knew about him beforehand then you know he was great value in the middle of the 3rd. Can play almost any LB role in any system...would be my favorite pick if Coples hadn't fallen. Not the name brand SEC or major conference player that most here would recognize, but as talented as you'd find at the LB position after the 2nd. Much prefer him to say...Nigel Bradham (though a nice pick for the Bills just now) for instance. Could be the TE blanket we're all hoping for, because that's not coming from a safety.

Honestly when you consider the value of their picks you can't go lower than a B, we got Coples where he was expected to go, Hill ABOVE where he was expected to go and Davis where he was expected to go. I thought there was great value there if nothing else. Now there's a lot of boom or bust with the first two picks but I genuinely do expect to get the best out of them, so I'm giving it and A. Best I've felt about a draft in a while.

Expect to hear RT...I'm trying not to laugh/punch my screen...Also, safety...but nobody wanted Barron...JN is very newbish about the draft (generally speaking).

Most of the JN members down on this draft use this as their argument "Why'd they take a WR in the 2nd??? If we want to G&P we need a RT and RB!!!" If that happened we would just announce to the NFL that were running the 2010 Broncos option offense. I liked Barron if he was there at 16 but I think a pass rusher was more valuable to the defense. Safety is a need and if Taylor was there in the third I thought hed be the pick. However, there are a lot of safeties in FA out there to replace Smith then there are elite pass rushers who can consistently put pressure on the QB, I'm glad Coples was the pick. By the way if you had a choice between Demario Davis and Zach Brown who would you take?

Most of the JN members down on this draft use this as their argument "Why'd they take a WR in the 2nd??? If we want to G&P we need a RT and RB!!!" I liked Barron if he was there at 16 but I think a pass rusher was more valuable to the defense. Safety is a need and if Taylor was there in the third I thought hed be the pick. However, there are a lot of safeties in FA out there to replace Smith then there are elite pass rushers who can consistently put pressure on the QB, I'm glad Coples was the pick. By the way if you had a choice between Demario Davis and Zach Brown who would you take?

Personally, I think Taylor would be much of the same at safety...After a while he dropped from "hmm, he'd be interesting for our depth" to "**** OK I get it already, he's a sleeper." Eventually he just became a sleeper that no one was sleeping on, and I think he was greatly aided by the depth of this safety class.

Between Davis and Brown I might have gone Brown just because of pedigree. That said, Davis is just as nasty an athlete and probably has a better head on his shoulders...Brown OTOH might be the best coverage LB in the draft. Thought he was a great counter by the Titans for the Colts taking two TEs.

Personally, I think Taylor would be much of the same at safety...After a while he dropped from "hmm, he'd be interesting for our depth" to "**** OK I get it already, he's a sleeper." Eventually he just became a sleeper that no one was sleeping on, and I think he was greatly aided by the depth of this safety class.

Between Davis and Brown I might have gone Brown just because of pedigree. That said, Davis is just as nasty an athlete and probably has a better head on his shoulders...Brown OTOH might be the best coverage LB in the draft. Thought he was a great counter by the Titans for the Colts taking two TEs.

I think a lot of the safeties were aided by the weak class this year. I don't think Harrison Smith is a first rounder last year IMO. I feel the same about Brown I'm a little discouraged he wasn't available but I still think we got a player in Davis. I love the fact that we added all these freak athletes to the team. This team needed some speed, especially the defense

Although I wanted Ingram, I gave it a gross rating of "A" and a net of "B" because of the bust potential. I have a feeling Davis will turn out to be a steal, despite the ill-informed knuckleheads who claim he projects as a late round talent.

Post-draft, I have to believe that there has to be at least one serviceable RT available via trade or FA. There was no way to fill all of the need positions through the draft, and I think they did a pretty good job of picking guys who will get snaps and contribute right away.

Although I wanted Ingram, I gave it a gross rating of "A" and a net of "B" because of the bust potential. I have a feeling Davis will turn out to be a steal, despite the ill-informed knuckleheads who claim he projects as a late round talent.

Post-draft, I have to believe that there has to be at least one serviceable RT available via trade or FA. There was no way to fill all of the need positions through the draft, and I think they did a pretty good job of picking guys who will get snaps and contribute right away.

Wasn't Pete Kendall a training camp cut?

Never been accused of being a homer, but really liking this draft. Took a lot of big time athletes who have reasonable explanations for statistical deficiencies.. Gave it an A

Wow.

I don't know about the A just yet, but I am pretty excited about this draft. Love the speed and athleticism they've added, and definitely agree that any "excuses" about their college numbers are fair.

In our system, Coples might only be a six sack guy, but he'll free up Maybin to collect another dozen. Davis should see sub-package time this year, and start next year. When the team traded up to take Hill, I did a little fist pump thing at my desk at work. :)

Wow.

I don't know about the A just yet, but I am pretty excited about this draft. Love the speed and athleticism they've added, and definitely agree that any "excuses" about their college numbers are fair.

In our system, Coples might only be a six sack guy, but he'll free up Maybin to collect another dozen. Davis should see sub-package time this year, and start next year. When the team traded up to take Hill, I did a little fist pump thing at my desk at work. :)

Hill was the guy i wanted, especially after reading how crisp he got in and out of breaks at pro day. That to me indicates he can run other routes, he just wasn't utilized in run first offense. Plus, tbh, even if he he couldn't run routes, a receiver who is big, blocks well and can run in a straight line fast is ideal for both of the QB's / offenses we plan to run with.. run run deep pass, both Sanchez and Tebow can throw deep ball well (and that's just about it, lol)

Coples was a potential top 5 pick last year, He's produced and has combine numbers. Personally I'm ok with the playing not to get hurt and jeopardize the payday. All these guys are selfish, especially the ones that tell you they aren't. Rex said he worked him out and couldn't exhaust him, and the Jets defense has enough history and pride to kick this kids a$$ in shape if he decides to loaf. Maybe if he went to a team of perennial losers, the story might be different, but he'll do fine here I think..

Even like the third pick, another athlete

Never been accused of being a homer, but really liking this draft. Took a lot of big time athletes who have reasonable explanations for statistical deficiencies.. Gave it an A

Got younger on defense and got a speedy tall receiver to get the safeties outta the box so we can run 75% of the time. Sets up a little play action, a little is enough and I give this draft a B+. Kinda bummed in the 4/5th piks gone. Gave me sad today. GO CAPS!!!

First round : Grade F. Can i go even lower on this pick ?

Second round: Grade B-. Like the pick but gave up too much in the trade.

Third round : Grade B. Like the pick

Fourth round : Grade A++++++ Horrible QB. But he should make a lot of money for the JETS which in turn will result in lower gameday prices charged to the fans!

Overall Grade : D

First round : Grade F. Can i go even lower on this pick ?

Second round: Grade B-. Like the pick but gave up too much in the trade.

Third round : Grade B. Like the pick

Fourth round : Grade A++++++ Horrible QB. But he should make a lot of money for the JETS which in turn will result in lower gameday prices charged to the fans!

Overall Grade : D

Why an F for Coples?

Why is this such a horrible pick? I dont get it, we needed a pass rusher.

Edit: who would you have taken at 16?

I am more at peace now. Thursday night i would have given it a Grade Z. Maybe in a few days I might get past it.

Ideally I would have wanted the JETS to trade down. IMO he would have still been available quite a few picks later.

Hill was the guy i wanted, especially after reading how crisp he got in and out of breaks at pro day. That to me indicates he can run other routes, he just wasn't utilized in run first offense. Plus, tbh, even if he he couldn't run routes, a receiver who is big, blocks well and can run in a straight line fast is ideal for both of the QB's / offenses we plan to run with.. run run deep pass, both Sanchez and Tebow can throw deep ball well (and that's just about it, lol)

Coples was a potential top 5 pick last year, He's produced and has combine numbers. Personally I'm ok with the playing not to get hurt and jeopardize the payday. All these guys are selfish, especially the ones that tell you they aren't. Rex said he worked him out and couldn't exhaust him, and the Jets defense has enough history and pride to kick this kids a$$ in shape if he decides to loaf. Maybe if he went to a team of perennial losers, the story might be different, but he'll do fine here I think..

Even like the third pick, another athlete

Pretty much my opinion of the draft as well. I would give it a B for now however in that we have to at least recognize and take into consideration the questions with Hill and Coples although I believe they will be put to rest quickly.

Archived