What is your grade ?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What is the grade ?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It's more than just "nailing" a first round pick.

"Nailing" a first round pick is drafting a solid starter with pro-bowl potential. Drafting a Peppers, an elite player with All-Pro potential, best at position is a home run. That boosts any draft.

i did bump it a full letter grade if he is even close to peppers

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i did bump it a full letter grade if he is even close to peppers

I understand that, but my point is that drafting an All-Pro player boosts a draft to an A because of how valuable and rare such players are.

I give it a C right now, Coples is a risk boom or bust pick

Took Hill over Cordy Glenn a starting RT for next 10 yrs (plenty of ammo to move ahead of Jills) also Hill caught a whomping 49 balls in his career at GT

Davis in 3rd rd is a STmer at best

Coples turns into Peppers, grade goes right to a B

Wait, so you mean to tell me that the 3 and 1/2 minute Stephen Hill highlight vid on youtube equates to 75% of this guys career with the other 25% being blocks? lol. Thats just ridiculous.

Alright, ima stop being such a hater. Obviously I think we could have done better with the pick but Hill seems like a hard working unselfish good kid. Thats a quality we can certainly work with.

Wait, so you mean to tell me that the 3 and 1/2 minute Stephen Hill highlight vid on youtube equates to 75% of this guys career with the other 25% being blocks? lol. Thats just ridiculous.

Alright, ima stop being such a hater. Obviously I think we could have done better with the pick but Hill seems like a hard working unselfish good kid. Thats a quality we can certainly work with.

Sorry Cordy Glenn would have been a Coup, Both Hill and Coples are boom/bust picks

Sorry Cordy Glenn would have been a Coup, Both Hill and Coples are boom/bust picks

I wouldnt have drafted Glenn. I would have gotten Jeffery's. From what im hearing, Coples seems to be a bit more legit than a boom/bust prospect. Hill on the other hand certainly is. This kid runs like the wind and can block. So what if he cant contribute to the passing game as a #2 WR that we actually need.

Hard to grade these things, I voted A because they got the one guy I really wanted, Coples. They got a great value pick with Hill. And Davis is a perfect sub package ILB to cover and play sideline to sideline. If one of the safeties come through, even better.

My A though is more because of what we learned about the Jets in this draft:

Rex recognizes he needs someone to get to the QB without having to blitz our whole team. Coples

We finally are complimenting a power run game, with a vertical passing. Hill

Rex also recognized there was a lack of speed over the middle of the field on D. Davis.

The rest addressed needs too. S. RG possible RT. WR. RB. They basically took a player from every position of need after they got their guys. Think its smart way to go about it and came away with some really good value.

I wouldnt have drafted Glenn. I would have gotten Jeffery's. From what im hearing, Coples seems to be a bit more legit than a boom/bust prospect. Hill on the other hand certainly is. This kid runs like the wind and can block. So what if he cant contribute to the passing game as a #2 WR that we actually need.

Coples will be measured vs Ingram and Upshaw we shall C the results

Glenn will be a starting RT for the next 10 yrs. Sanchez wont be able to hook up with Hill in first yr anyway. Takes WR's longer to adapt to NFL

I give it a C right now, Coples is a risk boom or bust pick

Took Hill over Cordy Glenn a starting RT for next 10 yrs (plenty of ammo to move ahead of Jills) also Hill caught a whomping 49 balls in his career at GT

Davis in 3rd rd is a STmer at best

Coples turns into Peppers, grade goes right to a B

LOL What??? If Coples turns into Peppers it's an A+. Are you high?

Coples will be measured vs Ingram and Upshaw we shall C the results

Glenn will be a starting RT for the next 10 yrs. Sanchez wont be able to hook up with Hill in first yr anyway. Takes WR's longer to adapt to NFL

Nothing you said here is a lie. Wasnt questioning any of that. I do agree with the Jets that we should have went WR in the 2nd, just dont like that we drafted a track star which entire collegiate career consist of 50 catches in the 2nd round. We should have gotten a WR with less bust potential if you will, especially with the best hands in the draft still on the board.

How is Glenn not a boom/bust too? I agree Coples and Hill are on top of that list but don't make Glenn out to be a no-brainer. There weren't that many "safe" picks...really only two Jets passed on were DeCastro and Hightower imo. And really it's a draft hence no safe picks.

Sorry i assume most GMs should nail their 1st rd pick, specially below 20

You're talking about the most subjective event in all of sports regardless of the sport. It's a draft. Nobody knows. Have a little faith my man. Getting to say I told you so isn't that awesome...unless it's me...and Chandler Jones. No really **** Chandler Jones. :)

How is Glenn not a boom/bust too? I agree Coples and Hill are on top of that list but don't make Glenn out to be a no-brainer. There weren't that many "safe" picks...really only two Jets passed on were DeCastro and Hightower imo. And really it's a draft hence no safe picks.

Sorry I'm SEC biased, Generally ACC players are the suk. I think Coples and Glenn would have been much better for jets. Sanchez or Te-god will be on their backside for most of the yr

Getting a Julius Peppers type player does. You're telling me getting Revis in the first doesn't give that draft an A?

Revis was a Mangini pick for sure, and from what i hear Coples is a Rexey pick. we shall C really too soon to grade, 3 yrs down rd is the best indicator

Revis was a Mangini pick for sure, and from what i hear Coples is a Rexey pick. we shall C really too soon to grade, 3 yrs down rd is the best indicator

I'm not saying he's going to be Julius Peppers. Just saying that if he does turn out to be a Peppers type player it makes this draft an A

I'm not saying he's going to be Julius Peppers. Just saying that if he does turn out to be a Peppers type player it makes this draft an A

Exactly.

Neither you, Hess or me are saying Coples will be Peppers. But if, BY CHANCE, he does, then the draft is an easy A. Seriously. No one gives a draft a B when you draft an All-Pro. That's like hitting Power Ball.

Exactly.

Neither you, Hess or me are saying Coples will be Peppers. But if, BY CHANCE, he does, then the draft is an easy A. Seriously. No one gives a draft a B when you draft an All-Pro. That's like hitting Power Ball.

Again U are suppose to nail your 1st rd pick, draft is won on rds 2-7

DE to help the Pass Rush

WR to bolster our weakest O position

OLB Depth

Safety

RB Depth

O-Line

Another Safety

And some more WR Depth

Given that we have no real idea if these players will or will not work out, I give the draft an "A". Positions of need, Pass Rush, Safety, WR were all aquired. Depth needs, O-Line, RB, WR, all filled.

I wouldn't have minded more O-line and/or a big bruiser TE, but overall, I am pleased with the positions selected. Only time will tell if it'sa good draft, results wise.

Again U are suppose to nail your 1st rd pick, draft is won on rds 2-7

Again, "nailing" the 1st round pick DOES NOT mean drafting an All-Pro player. Those are very rare.

Most 1st rounds don't even produce an All-Pro player. Does that mean all 32 teams failed?

Again, "nailing" the 1st round pick DOES NOT mean drafting an All-Pro player. Those are very rare.

Most 1st rounds don't even produce an All-Pro player. Does that mean all 32 teams failed?

Sorry i have higher expectations if you have 10 picks and nail your 1st rd pick and miss on other 9, i dont call that a successful draft.

Sorry i have higher expectations if you have 10 picks and nail your 1st rd pick and miss on other 9, i dont call that a successful draft.

The problem as I see it is that you have completely unrealistic definitions of hit and miss.

By conventional definition, a hit in the 1st round is a solid starter, a hit in rounds 2 and 3 is a starter, and a hit in rounds 4 through 7 is a rotational player/JAG. Anything better exceeds expectations.

If Coples turns into Peppers and the other 9 picks are JAGs, then that is a hugely successful draft by anyone's definition--except yours.

The problem as I see it is that you have completely unrealistic definitions of hit and miss.

By conventional definition, a hit in the 1st round is a solid starter, a hit in rounds 2 and 3 is a starter, and a hit in rounds 4 through 7 is a rotational player/JAG. Anything better exceeds expectations.

If Coples turns into Peppers and the other 9 picks are JAGs, then that is a hugely successful draft by anyone's definition--except yours.

Again i expect my GM to hit on basically a top 15 pick, as Tanneyhill selected at 8 made it that way.

Again i expect my GM to hit on basically a top 15 pick, as Tanneyhill selected at 8 made it that way.

I understand that. The issue is your definition of "hit."

"Hitting" on a top 15 pick does not mean drafting an All-Pro/HOF player such as Peppers.

Sean Ellis was a top 15 player, was he a miss?

Archived