Anyone watching this Tebow bit on ESPN?

RyanBe_Tweetin

4) His throwing motion sucks

5) Bounce passes only work in the NBA, not the NFL.

6) He doesn't fall down and cry when he gets touched.

7) He doesn't throw picks to defensive lineman.

8) He doesn't hand the ball to the nearest defender and then go into a fetal position on the ground.

9) can't hit the broad side of a barn, from inside the barn.

10) Is a running back wearing a QB number.

11) Is delusional if he thinks he can beat out Sanchez as QB1 of the NYJ.

I don't know why all Sanchez fans get so defensive about it. Both players are Jets and if Sanchez plays well he will remain the starter. Its year 4 though and he is out of excuses.

I am not a Sanchez fan. I am a Jets fan. I just think that the Jets get SIGNIFICANTLY worse with Tebow starting. When his zealot fans start calling for him to "get on the field" it makes me sick to think of playing on offense without a QB..

I am not a Sanchez fan. I am a Jets fan. I just think that the Jets get SIGNIFICANTLY worse with Tebow starting. When his zealot fans start calling for him to "get on the field" it makes me sick to think of playing on offense without a QB..

The last 3 years the Jets HAVE been playing without a QB.

In 3 years Mark Sanchez has won more playoff games that ANY other Jets QB. EVER. And he did it ON THE ROAD. He beat Brady and Manning in their houses. When Tebow went to NE he must have forgotten to say his prayers that day. He stunk. Again.

In 3 years Mark Sanchez has won more playoff games that ANY other Jets QB. EVER. And he did it ON THE ROAD. He beat Brady and Manning in their houses. When Tebow went to NE he must have forgotten to say his prayers that day. He stunk. Again.

The Jets won those games despite Sanchez, not because of him. He was the Trent Dilfer of those teams.

Really...

Mark Sanchez vs NE Patriots - 2010 Playoffs

Att/Completions 16/25 (64%)

Yards: 194

TD: 3

INT: 0

Rating: 127.3

Tim Tebow vs NE Patriots - 2011 Playoffs

Att/Completions 9/26 (34%)

Yards: 136

TD: 0

Rating: 52.7

Wait... Wut? A 34% completion percentage? Really? Yeah, this is the guy I want as my QB!

What, like the 50,000+ zealots that somehow bought tickets and road the bus to Denver just so they could chant for Tim to play?

Those were long time Bronco Zealot Ticket holders, not Florida Gators, get a clue dude.

And IF there is any Tebow chanting at Jet home games, it also won't be Gators, it'll be long time Jet fan zealots.

Recent Bronco History:

Veteran QB Jay Cutler in 2007-08 went 15-17 (.469)

Veteran QB Kyle Orton in 2009-10-11 went 13-32 (.289)

Combined for a 28 - 49 record.

Raw Rookie QB Tim Tebow in 2010-11 went 8-6 + 1-1 = 9-7 (.563)

But Tim will never be an NFL QB, if you are foolish enough to listen to idiots like ole hodger da dodger.

Start Sanchez, play Tebow, let the chips fall where they may,,,,, just like anywhere else in the NFL.

There are about 1,700 players in the NFL.

THEY VOTED Tebow in the Top 100 Players of 2011, but what would the players know about it....

Don't compare Tebow's passing stats to Sanchez's in their first 16 NFL starts, unless you want your 'ignorance bubble' to burst in your face.

In fact, don't compare Tim's first 16 starts to Aikmans, Elways, or P.Mannings either, it will only make you cry.

Tebow finished 2011 at #14 in the NFL in TD to Int Ratio at 2 to 1, (P.Mannings is 2 to 1 for his HoF career) but only the comp.% counts, not that 8-5 + 1-1 W/L record, right?

And they traded away both the #1 and #2 2010 WR's before they started Tebow in 2011 game 6, but that wouldn't cause any new QB pass completion problems, right? (add up the donkey WR drops some time)

Tebow has started in just 16 games over 2 split lockout seasons coming in both times cold off the bench behind Orton.

When Tebow came in to start in 2011 after the Broncos started 1/4, they were 25th in the NFL in BOTH offense and defense.

Tim's Total Bronco Offense:

Passing - 167 of 353 for 2,383 yds, 6.8 yds/att, 14.3 yds/comp, 17 TD's to 9 Ints, PER 75.1

Rushing - 165 for 887 yds, 5.4 ypc, 12 TD's to 6 Lost Poss Fumbles.

Total Offense -- 332 Plays for 3,270 yds, 9.8 yds/play, 29 TD's to just 15 Turnovers, with an (8-5 + 1-1) 9-7 W/L record.

But why let the facts/stats stand in the way of a good biased rant..... :animal0029:

What, like the 50,000+ zealots that somehow bought tickets and road the bus to Denver just so they could chant for Tim to play?

Those were long time Bronco Zealot Ticket holders, not Florida Gators, get a clue dude.

And IF there is any Tebow chanting at Jet home games, it also won't be Gators, it'll be long time Jet fan zealots.

Recent Bronco History:

Veteran QB Jay Cutler in 2007-08 went 15-17 (.469)

Veteran QB Kyle Orton in 2009-10-11 went 13-32 (.289)

Combined for a 28 - 49 record.

Raw Rookie QB Tim Tebow in 2010-11 went 8-6 + 1-1 = 9-7 (.563)

But Tim will never be an NFL QB, if you are foolish enough to listen to idiots like ole hodger da dodger.

Start Sanchez, play Tebow, let the chips fall where they may,,,,, just like anywhere else in the NFL.

There are about 1,700 players in the NFL.

THEY VOTED Tebow in the Top 100 Players of 2011, but what would the players know about it....

Don't compare Tebow's passing stats to Sanchez's in their first 16 NFL starts, unless you want your 'ignorance bubble' to burst in your face.

In fact, don't compare Tim's first 16 starts to Aikmans, Elways, or P.Mannings either, it will only make you cry.

Tebow finished 2011 at #14 in the NFL in TD to Int Ratio at 2 to 1, (P.Mannings is 2 to 1 for his HoF career) but only the comp.% counts, not that 8-5 + 1-1 W/L record, right?

And they traded away both the #1 and #2 2010 WR's before they started Tebow in 2011 game 6, but that wouldn't cause any new QB pass completion problems, right? (add up the donkey WR drops some time)

Tebow has started in just 16 games over 2 split lockout seasons coming in both times cold off the bench behind Orton.

When Tebow came in to start in 2011 after the Broncos started 1/4, they were 25th in the NFL in BOTH offense and defense.

Tim's Total Bronco Offense:

Passing - 167 of 353 for 2,383 yds, 6.8 yds/att, 14.3 yds/comp, 17 TD's to 9 Ints, PER 75.1

Rushing - 165 for 887 yds, 5.4 ypc, 12 TD's to 6 Lost Poss Fumbles.

Total Offense -- 332 Plays for 3,270 yds, 9.8 yds/play, 29 TD's to just 15 Turnovers, with an (8-5 + 1-1) 9-7 W/L record.

But why let the facts/stats stand in the way of a good biased rant..... :animal0029:

Oh, yeah... I almost forgot the most important part.

Mark won 28-21. He led his team on 2 TD drives in the 4th qtr to pull out the win.

Timmy lost 45-10. If they had a mercy rule in the NFL, the game would have been over at half-time.

The Jets won those games despite Sanchez, not because of him. He was the Trent Dilfer of those teams.

Edit: His preseason compared to the other 2011 QB's preseasons including Dalton, Newton, and Locker

36-59 (62%) 2nd 335 yds 4th 2 TDs T-1st 0 INTs T-1st Rating 88 2nd

Lets compromise. Sit Sanchez AND Tebow. Start Greg McElroy. Not only does he win games (Alabama), He also had a high completion percentage in the pre season.

Edit: His preseason compared to the other 2011 QB's preseasons including Dalton, Newton, and Locker

36-59 (62%) 2nd 335 yds 4th 2 TDs T-1st 0 INTs T-1st Rating 88 2nd

Lets compromise. Sit Sanchez AND Tebow. Start Greg McElroy. Not only does he win games (Alabama), He also had a high completion percentage in the pre season.

Besides McElroy opening his mouth out of turn, I am a fan. I want to see what he's got. Sadly, now that Tebow is here you know he won't get any real opportunities.

Pretty good stuff, Tebow has some really unique workouts

Nope, not watching it. However I did pass by the NFL website and seen that Tebow made the top 100 players lol. What a cruel joke. Whats worse is that "The players" (sure) rated him HIGHER than 100. He was like 96 or something.

Im still waiting for this guy to register his 4th game with a 50% pass completion rate. lol.

Tim is a great guy just not an NFL starting Q.B, he's an option Collage Q.B in fact a fantastic one. He's just not a starter in Pro style Offence. We'd will be lucky to win 4-6 games with him in that position. What he brings will make our Offence unique, a double passer option. I see it like this, you can flip him the ball, he can run with it, or pass it, similar to an Halfback option play. Most of the time he will be running to ball, but other times he will be passing and throwing bombs to Stephen Hill.

This is going to mess with other Teams Defensive schemes, since you will effectively have two Q.B's on the field at once. They will have no idea if your running, or passing. It will also help to back the Safeties up, especially after a couple of long bombs have been thrown.

The very interesting comment about will John Conner “We still think John will be here... He’s on the team for now, obviously, tells me they plan to have Mark and Tim on the field at the same time, with Tim lined up at F.B. Then move him about, line him up in the slot, and T.E. It should be fun to watch. The Jets know what Tim is, we should learn this also.

First-off, I am a huge Sanchez fan. The guy knows how to win, and he has shown he CAN win, if the shackles are off. I am thinking about all the 4th quarter wins that he pulled off in his first 2 years. I refuse to judge him on last year's performance because we was put in a no-win situation. Between Schitty's offensive schemes and play calling, and Team's decision on some key offensive (and defensive) pieces to the puzzle, I am happy that we even got to where we did...

Second, I am a Tebow fan. Like Sanchez, the guy knows how to win also, and he has shown he CAN win, and we learned that first-hand last year. His style may be different, but that should never take away from his past accomishments, or his future ones. The thing you need to remember and recognize is that the guy KNOWS how to win. Think of it like this: if a shark smells even one drop of blood in the water, he will be swimming away with a full tummy. If Tebow sees an opportunity or a weakness in the defense, he is walking away with a W. That's why the FO chose Sanchez as high as they did with only one year in college under his belt and why they got Tebow after only one year with Denver, knowing that his arm is not his strength.

Can the two co-exist? Absolutely. And I think they comliment each other very well. Just imagine both lined up shoulder to shoulder in the shotgun. If you are on defense, who/what would you defend against, the pass or run? I think the possibilities are endless as far as how to use both of then in a complimentary fashion. Mark is and will be the QB and leader of the team, but now we have a huge weapon that will help us win games. In this league, it takes more than the conventional methods to win ball games. It takes thinking outside the box and the balls to take chances. As a dear friend used to say: No Balls, No Blue Chips...

Really...

Wait... Wut? A 34% completion percentage? Really? Yeah, this is the guy I want as my QB!

Tebow also threw for 300 yards passing the game before vs. the Steelers.

Does Mark Sanchez have a 300 yard postseason game?

Really...

Perfect response to the stupid notion we won those games despite Mark. Like you said, Tebow is a perfect replacement for Brad Smith, not Mark Sanchez....

Since you brought up College, let's just compare two pretty good SECPassing QB's:

Peyton Manning - 43 Starts

Passing - 863 of 1,381, 62.5% for 11,201 yds, 6.4 yds/att, 89 TD's to 33 Ints, PER 147.1

Rushing - 153 for -181 yds, -1.1 ypc, 12 TD's

Combined -1,016 plays for 1,534 plays for 11,020 yds, 7.2 yds/play, 101 TD's

No Heisman, zero mNC's.

*First 16 NFL Starts (given every advantage) 26 TD's to 28 Ints, 0 rushing TD's, 3-13 W/L Record

================

Tim Tebow - 41 Starts

Passing - 661 of 995, 66.4% for 9,285 yds, 8.8 yds/att, 88 TD's 16 Ints, PER 170.8 <---<<< SEC Record

Rushing - 692 for 2,947 yds, 4.3 ypc, 57 TD's <---<<< SEC Record

Combined - 1,353 plays for 12,232 yds, 9.0 yds/play, 145 TD's <---<<< SEC Record

The first every sophomore Heisman, 2 BCS-NC's. SEC Sr Class W/L Record 48-7

* First 16 NFL Starts (cold off the bench) - 17 TD's to 9 Ints, +12 rushing TD's, 9-7 W/L Record

===================

We'll all have to wait a few years to see if that accomplishments trend continues or not, but Tim is looking pretty good so far.....

Tim has EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS as an NFL QB with ONLY 16 STARTS.

He's no Tom Brady yet, but then neither was Peyton Manning at this point.

===================

The Jets GM has already stated that Tim is a QB, not an H-Back or a TE.

They also said that they have only 1 offense for both Mark and Tim, not 2 offenses as some have claimed.

What they actually do in the games remains to be seen. I can't wait to see how things unfold for the Jets.

Tim is a great guy just not an NFL starting Q.B, he's an option Collage Q.B in fact a fantastic one. He's just not a starter in Pro style Offence. We'd will be lucky to win 4-6 games with him in that position. What he brings will make our Offence unique, a double passer option. I see it like this, you can flip him the ball, he can run with it, or pass it, similar to an Halfback option play. Most of the time he will be running to ball, but other times he will be passing and throwing bombs to Stephen Hill.

This is going to mess with other Teams Defensive schemes, since you will effectively have two Q.B's on the field at once. They will have no idea if your running, or passing. It will also help to back the Safeties up, especially after a couple of long bombs have been thrown.

The very interesting comment about will John Conner “We still think John will be here... He’s on the team for now, obviously, tells me they plan to have Mark and Tim on the field at the same time, with Tim lined up at F.B. Then move him about, line him up in the slot, and T.E. It should be fun to watch. The Jets know what Tim is, we should learn this also.

I have to disagree - other teams will be prepared for the predictability. Not for every play, but once they see Tebow on the field - they'll know something's up.

Archived