Report: Jets wanted Irvin, not Coples

brian101193

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldnt be too surprising...produced in college...at 6'3" has good height...very strong workout numbers...moves well on tape...Still, who gives a sh*t? He's not a certified Ware-esque freak and he's got his own off the field (and on the field) issues.

If they wanted Irvin the gap between him and Coples couldn't have been large. OTOH, I don't mind ESPN/others crapping on Los Yets right now...they'll all be back on the wagon again soon enough...let them enjoy blowing the Pats for now since the Brady era is coming to an end sooner rather than later.

Yes, that you are a total waste of life that has no business writing about the Jets.

Right? A picture is developing? We could have taken Ingram or upshaw or whoever we wanted to take. Only 15 players had been taken up to that point. What is this picture? That we secretly hate our draft pick? This is ridiculous NY media crap.

Now that the draft is over, I'm looking forward to taking a nice vacation from all of this until training camp. It will be so nice not to hear the NY beat writers trying to create stories when there aren't any in the offseason. Ugh.....

I am a big Bruce Irvin fan, I have talked about wanting him a few times in the draft forum. Taking him in the first is just crazy, second would have been high but I would have since to me he was a high third. I would have to thonk this is a seahawk source trying to confirm to everyone why they picked him where they did.

This again. Yes, maybe they preferred Irvin over Coples, but with St. Louis absolutely primed for a trade up, if the Jets valued one that much higher over the other, moving up a few spots to get THE guy you want, it's not that much. You don't sit around, you go get him. It's not as if seattle traded up and grabbed him, they traded back and sat in front of us for a handful of picks.

I don't see why it matters that we had players rated above our draft pick, it happens every year and happened to every single team in this draft minus Indy and Washington. Why is this time so special?

It was later reported by Manish Mehta that the jets did indeed want Irvin... In the second. Good one Cimini.

Cimini is Teh King Troll.

Manish Mehta ‏ @TheJetsStream

Although Jets had interest in West Virginia OLB Bruce Irvin, they would not have selected him at No. 16 if he was still on the board. #nyj

The thing that doesn't add up is that unless the Jets thought there was almost no chance that Coples made it to them, what sense would it make for Rex to promise him that he'd be the pick at #16 if they truly had their heart set on a "sleeper" who they had to think would almost definitely be available at their draft slot?

The thing that doesn't add up is that unless the Jets thought there was almost no chance that Coples made it to them, what sense would it make for Rex to promise him that he'd be the pick at #16 if they truly had their heart set on a "sleeper" who they had to think would almost definitely be available at their draft slot?

Really can't put this together eh? They tell coples, coples tells 2 people, they tell 2 people, etc..

the real question is, if the Jets were dead set on Coples, why would they tell HIM that??? You have it reversed

Archived