Coples, Jones, Irvin, Ingram: Which one has the most sacks next year?

T0mShane

Which player has the most sacks next year?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Which player has the most sacks next year?

• Coples (Jets)
    • Bruce Irvin (Seahawks)
    • Chandler Jones (Pats)
    • Melvin Ingram (Chargers)

I think the safe pick for Jets was Decastro, will be an ALL-PRo for years, a younger tougher Alan faneca. If coples/hill dont contribute this year, both rex and tanny will be looking for work

I'm glad they didn't go for safe. They're taking a shot at greatness here. Who impacts the team more, an all pro DE, or an all pro guard? Seriously? It's not even close.

If they miss, they miss. I applaud taking the shot, especially when you consider that their jobs could potentially be on the line there.

I'm glad they didn't go for safe. They're taking a shot at greatness here. Who impacts the team more, an all pro DE, or an all pro guard? Seriously? It's not even close.

If they miss, they miss. I applaud taking the shot, especially when you consider that their jobs could potentially be on the line there.

well without a legit QB, i say guard is more important for G&P as that is Rexey's mantra for 2012. i dont expect much out of either Coples or hill their rook yr. Decastro would be automatic starter

well without a legit QB, i say guard is more important for G&P as that is Rexey's mantra for 2012. i dont expect much out of either Coples or hill their rook yr. Decastro would be automatic starter

If you have a guard and a DE rated about the same, you take the DE. And again, it's not even close. How many guards go in the top half of the draft? DE is a standard top 10 position, with 11 taken in the top 10 in the last ten years. That includes #1 and #2 overall. No guards taken in the top 10 over that period of time, and probably over NFL draft history. The position just simply doesn't have near the value of a DE. To argue otherwise is just silly.

And Coples and Hill probably both start this year, so I fail to see how that bolsters your argument, either.

If you have a guard and a DE rated about the same, you take the DE. And again, it's not even close. How many guards go in the top half of the draft? DE is a standard top 10 position, with 11 taken in the top 10 in the last ten years. That includes #1 and #2 overall. No guards taken in the top 10 over that period of time, and probably over NFL draft history. The position just simply doesn't have near the value of a DE. To argue otherwise is just silly.

And Coples and Hill probably both start this year, so I fail to see how that bolsters your argument, either.

Please tell me how many rook WR's start? we have no clue whether coples or hill starts. Decastro would have 100%

Steelers have quite the OL now

The QBs are terrible and there's no reason to think the running game is magically going to reappear. The defense will be awesome, but I don't see how we're significantly better than last season.

Considering the drop off in play from the OL and Sanchez stinking up the joint, Greene's thousand yards and 4.2 per carry while adding 30 receptions, isnt really all that bad. He was 40 yards from being top 10 in the league. I think Sparano's system will be better for the run game.

The team has had the same sh*tty QB who's gradually improved at a snails pace and has yet to have a losing season with him at the helm. If the guy didnt completely meltdown toward the end of the season, I'm sure the Jets could have improved on their 8-5 record with the WC pretty much in hand and make the playoffs for the 3rd straight season.

We may not be significantly better, but I dont see how we are worse. We changed OC's to bring in a system that hopefully matches our style a little better. Power running game, vertical attack. And hopefully, guys like Hunter and Vlad will be better suited for a power blocking scheme rather than the zone sh*t we switched to last season. They addressed the holes of the team via FA and the draft.

Its all on Sanchez. If he's 2010 type Sanchez, the teams back in the playoffs. If he actually takes the next step, the teams a serious contender. Not much has changed since 09/10. The only thing that did was a poor finish.

Please tell me how many rook WR's start? we have no clue whether coples or hill starts. Decastro would have 100%

Steelers have quite the OL now

Steelers OL has been a shambles for years now, good for them. First guard coming off the board at #24 is about right. After the Jets took Coples, three other teams thought a DE was a better value than DeCastro. Think about that for a second. Five DEs drafted before the first guard. That's not unusual, either. That's the norm.

Coples has legit competition against DeVito, but probably wins that one - don't you think?

Hill's only challenge is getting past Schilens. Kerley's never been in the discussion as a starter. Regardless of what may happen on other teams, Hill is pretty damn close to a lock to start as a rookie WR for the Jets this year.

Jones and Ingram will get most chances... have high scoring offense, other teams will be forced to pass more

Coples - Jets seem to be planning to sit on ball and limit opportunities, plus as a 3-4 hands in the dirt end, limited opportunities

Irvin - Dunno know why, just think he's going to flash immediately

Irvin, Ingram, Jones, Coples, imo...

This outside of the Irvin part. Ingram is my pick.

I voted Irvin because I think that's all he'll be asked to do and because the OLs in the NFC West generally suck (Seeith: Aldon Smith). Jones has the toughest sledding because he gets four games against Brick and Jake Long. Don't really see how Coples will rack up numbers, as has been covered many times in this here thread.

I voted Irvin because I think that's all he'll be asked to do and because the OLs in the NFC West generally suck (Seeith: Aldon Smith). Jones has the toughest sledding because he gets four games against Brick and Jake Long. Don't really see how Coples will rack up numbers, as has been covered many times in this here thread.

Pretty much this. He's basically going to be Maybin, but allowed to do so for three downs instead of just the one. Part of me thinks he's going to get 10+ sacks, but the other part can't stop seeing Bruce Carter 2.0.

I'll say this, if Coples even sniffs double digit sacks, our defense will be top three.

Ingram is good but the Chargers don't know how to showcase the talent. That's why when players leave their organization that become superstars. With Rex's Defense Coples will get the upper hand.

Ingram is good but the Chargers don't know how to showcase the talent. That's why when players leave their organization that become superstars. With Rex's Defense Coples will get the upper hand.

The Chargers don't know how to showcase talent?

The Chargers don't know how to showcase talent?

They get great players that do nothing with the team but later go on to other teams to become super stars.

Archived