• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#1 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 24,667 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

Best superhero thing I've seen since Dark Knight. Whedon knows his comics and the characters and didn't do anything stupid with any of them. He even made The Hulk interesting and fun.

A billion stars out of five.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#2 slowmoe57

slowmoe57

no warning points....yet

• Members
  • 5,646 posts
  • LocationAurora Illinois

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Worked late last night got home 2:30 am -- nearby movie theater was packed -- Can't wait to see it.
Posted Image
Remember weed will get you through times of no money
better than money will get you through times of no weed
TFFFB

#3 Integrity28

Integrity28

I love it when Idzik's plan comes together.

• Members
  • 31,039 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:14 PM

Got to see Whedon filming a big "something flew in from the sky and blew up / crashed down near Grand Central Station" scene last summer, it was wild. My girl and I walked right up into the mix of extras nobody bothered us, I got to talk to the pyro guy - seemed like the perfect dude for the job, looked like DeeDee Ramone and had a blowtorch in his back pocket, haha.

All the cars, taxis, cement turned over and tossed all over the place... and they had a completely blacked-out Porsche Cayenne with a robot camera arm mounted on top presumably for high-speed chase filming.

Been looking forward to the film since - we are convince the scene we saw them working on is in the trailer. lol

Also saw Whedon speak this year at SXSW... it was a pretty good session, even though I'm nowhere near the fanboy that most of the crowd was. I liked the way he talked about the handling of the film though, instilled confidence that it wouldn't be like the early X-Men / Ghost Rider / Daredevil catastrophes.

Edited by Optimus Primate, 04 May 2012 - 03:16 PM.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#4 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,667 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

^ I was expecting a Fantastic Four-style debacle, but it never devolved into that. Each character had their own personality--none of that rah-rah/yay team BS. it was really good. The NYC destruction scenes were so well done that at some points they were a little too 9/11-y realistic. Such a good flick. You'll enjoy it.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#5 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,696 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Best superhero thing I've seen since Dark Knight. Whedon knows his comics and the characters and didn't do anything stupid with any of them. He even made The Hulk interesting and fun.

A billion stars out of five.

You should have called me, I would have gone with you.

#6 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,667 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

You should have called me, I would have gone with you.

Yes, I went by myself. I'm not ashamed. Ok, I'm ashamed, but whatever. Don't judge me.

#7 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,696 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Yes, I went by myself. I'm not ashamed. Ok, I'm ashamed, but whatever. Don't judge me.

Dude. I totally wasn't going there man.

It was more of a public gesture acknowledging that we used to be BFF's and I am open to doing movies and other stuff (i.e. heavy petting) with you again, lol.

#8 dolphann4life

dolphann4life

Young,Rich & OutofControl

• Members
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:29 PM

It was an average movie. Some good humor sprinkled saved it.
Posted Image

#9 SenorGato

SenorGato

Schottenhomer

• Members
  • 19,587 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

DOES HULK SMASH?!??!

We sick an' tired of-a your ism-skism game. Dyin' 'n' goin' to heaven in-a Jesus' name, Lord. We know when we understand:

Almighty God is a living man. - Bob Marley "Get up Stand up"

#10 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 15,987 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

my son handled thor easily, and the hulk, but he hulk smashed his friends for a week after seeing it

how bad is the violence ?
"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand."

#11 rillo

rillo

Bernard Pollard for President.

• Members
  • 9,572 posts
  • LocationWPB, FL

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:24 PM

Watching it Sunday, I've heard nothing but good things.
I predicted 4-6 wins in the '13 season.

#12 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,667 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:26 PM

my son handled thor easily, and the hulk, but he hulk smashed his friends for a week after seeing it

how bad is the violence ?

People get stabbed and die. Lots of destruction. Aliens get beat down.

#13 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,667 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

It was an average movie. Some good humor sprinkled saved it.

THE HELL YOU SAY!

#14 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,667 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

DOES HULK SMASH?!??!

Pfft u noez it

#15 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,667 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

Dude. I totally wasn't going there man.

It was more of a public gesture acknowledging that we used to be BFF's and I am open to doing movies and other stuff (i.e. heavy petting) with you again, lol.

Pffft. I'm mature now. It's gotta be third base plus.

#16 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 15,987 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:29 PM

People get stabbed and die. Lots of destruction. Aliens get beat down.

stabbed ? the aleins won't bother him, or the explosions, but I wasn't expecting stabbings....
"Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly; Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?' Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land; Man got to tell himself he understand."

#17 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,696 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Pffft. I'm mature now. It's gotta be third base plus.

I go by the grading system. 3rd base is heavy petting. A home run is a back rub. We are cool...

#18 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,667 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

stabbed ? the aleins won't bother him, or the explosions, but I wasn't expecting stabbings....

Not like gory stabbings. A dude throws knives that take out two security guards. One dude gets impaled. It wasn't gratuitous or gross, but it was clear that they were killed.

#19 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,667 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

I go by the grading system. 3rd base is heavy petting. A home run is a back rub. We are cool...

Fine. FINE. Lauren will be so pissed but, whatever.

#20 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 56,696 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

Fine. FINE. Lauren will be so pissed but, whatever.

It is totally fine. I have a laminated Top 5 list and everyone on that list is okay. You are # 2. You used to be # 1 but, well you know, stuff happens lol.

#21 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,667 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

It is totally fine. I have a laminated Top 5 list and everyone on that list is okay. You are # 2. You used to be # 1 but, well you know, stuff happens lol.

Yeah. Justin Bieber happened.

#22 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,167 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:28 PM

Caught the matinée today. Totally agree, best super hero thing I've seen in some time. Frankly, I thought the Thor movie was completely contrived, but his back story is essential in this one, and as a smaller character I liked him a lot better. Mark Ruffalo did a nice job as the Hulk. RDJ is awesome as always. I still love Scarlett Johansson. Yeah.

The trailer for the next round of Spider-man looks really interesting, too.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#23 T0mShane

T0mShane

• Members
  • 24,667 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:06 PM

Caught the matinée today. Totally agree, best super hero thing I've seen in some time. Frankly, I thought the Thor movie was completely contrived, but his back story is essential in this one, and as a smaller character I liked him a lot better. Mark Ruffalo did a nice job as the Hulk. RDJ is awesome as always. I still love Scarlett Johansson. Yeah.

The trailer for the next round of Spider-man looks really interesting, too.

Did they have the new Dark Knight Rises preview before your Avengers? I think that might be the best film of all time. I didn't see the Thor movie because I always thought Thor (as a character) was always so one-note, but using him as a moral barometer in this was brilliant, I thought. Agreed on Scarlett. It's hard to look at her sometimes and not want to steal her hair.

#24 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 18,167 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Did they have the new Dark Knight Rises preview before your Avengers?

Yeah, that one looks great, too. Was disappointed when they referred to it as the conclusion. On the plus side, my son tells me that Ruffalo has signed on for five more movies as the Hulk, so Marvel must have a lot planned.

Meant to say, too, that I agree with your 9/11-esque take on some of the city scenes. Creepy. I had the same thought.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#25 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 15,987 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

Not like gory stabbings. A dude throws knives that take out two security guards. One dude gets impaled. It wasn't gratuitous or gross, but it was clear that they were killed.

cool thanks for the info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users