I havent posted in ages, does it still suck here?

Verde

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Still can't believe those belligerent JI transplants chased off all the women during my hiatus. Filthy savages.

In fairness, you chased off some of the women before your hiatus. :)

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Still can't believe those belligerent JI transplants chased off all the women during my hiatus. Filthy savages.

chased off?  We got yer wimins, right here. It's going to cost you to get 'em back.

I haven't posted in ages, either. Yes, it still sucks here. I won't get into why I was away, except to say that someone with a totally unfunny screen handle is a dick of the highest order. See you all in another 5 years or so, you know, after the Jets still haven't done anything newsworthy and the Cheats haven't stopped cheating. 

7 hours ago, jetophile said:

I haven't posted in ages, either. Yes, it still sucks here. I won't get into why I was away, except to say that someone with a totally unfunny screen handle is a dick of the highest order. See you all in another 5 years or so, you know, after the Jets still haven't done anything newsworthy and the Cheats haven't stopped cheating. 

well this narrows it down to the entire board

13 hours ago, jetophile said:

Finally something we can agree on!

16 hours ago, jetophile said:

9 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

well this narrows it down to the entire board

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

I believe she is talking about @Sperm Edwards.

I've always thought that screen name is a bit funny.  For about 40 seconds or so.  Too bad because Jeto is a great poster. She is a reg on another board I visit.  I wonder what ol' Sperm wrote to tick her off like that?  She is pretty resilient on the other board. 

On 3/27/2016 at 10:20 PM, Maxman said:

Does @BP still do weird things with dudes for money?

I'm asking for a friend.

Hello Max,

Look at all the discussion I created in this forum by bumping this great thread :)

When referencing this place at the other place I will do a timely bump to warm your heart

Thank you,

XXXOOO BP

17 hours ago, jetophile said:

Oh I think she got banned by Sperm for something and she got mad and never came back. that was a long fricking time ago lol wow

15 hours ago, Dcat said:

I've always thought that screen name is a bit funny.  For about 40 seconds or so.  Too bad because Jeto is a great poster. She is a reg on another board I visit.  I wonder what ol' Sperm wrote to tick her off like that?  She is pretty resilient on the other board. 

@MaxmanMy recollection is that she was making a lot of political posts. I deleted them and told her to stop. I would have to look it up but what happened was typical, then it went down like this: she kept doing it and, after repeatedly ignoring such warnings, she was temporarily banned (7 days? 30 days?). She never came back after that. 

So Dcat, @BP can attest to that being the usual MO. It takes a lot to get a ban longer than that around here, and she was not banned for long. I mean, you really have to continue after a temporary ban expires, or really repeatedly seek to make things personal. Basically, things that ruin the board. It's boring for other football/Jets-topic-seeking posters to read 2 others go at each other personally. It's the reason for Max's core of what thou shalt not post: no personal attacks, no (instigation-type) posts about religion, nor politics. There's enough disharmony that occurs on Jets players & coaches without that crap fueling fires, and there's no shortage of places on the internet to discuss them all. 

Other than the political stuff I never had a problem with jetophile, and still don't. In all honesty, I would welcome her back to the board if she stuck around now. She and I didn't have some long-standing animosity that finally erupted. Quite the contrary (unless I'm just mentally blocking something lol). So if anything, this was an example of not showing favoritism, and it's not like it was a "first offense ==> banned" scenario. Far, far from it. 

15 hours ago, BP said:

Oh I think she got banned by Sperm for something and she got mad and never came back. that was a long fricking time ago lol wow

Oh man. I just looked up what it was. It wasn't politics and it wasn't anything personal just between jeto and me or any other moderator. It was pretty bad, and it was a warranted 60 days. Wow I'd forgotten all about what it was. If you still can't recall, and care to remember, shoot me a PM and I'll refresh your memory. 

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

Oh man. I just looked up what it was. It wasn't politics and it wasn't anything personal just between jeto and me or any other moderator. It was pretty bad, and it was a warranted 60 days. Wow I'd forgotten all about what it was. If you still can't recall, and care to remember, shoot me a PM and I'll refresh your memory. 

Come on now.  You can't leave the rest of us hanging.  Even if you need to sanitize it, what was the deal?

44 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Come on now.  You can't leave the rest of us hanging.  Even if you need to sanitize it, what was the deal?

36 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

It wasn't good, I'll tell you that. 

We joke around a lot around here. But this banning which was like 30 days or 60 was well warranted.  We really prefer to not get into it but it was definitely warranted.

16 hours ago, Dcat said:

Yeah it was that she got banned for posting something that just wasn't acceptable. It wasn't a political post or anything trivial. Just something that she got a 30 or 60 day time out for. It was her choice to not come back. We always enjoyed her posts before that.

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

@MaxmanMy recollection is that she was making a lot of political posts. I deleted them and told her to stop. I would have to look it up but what happened was typical, then it went down like this: she kept doing it and, after repeatedly ignoring such warnings, she was temporarily banned (7 days? 30 days?). She never came back after that. 

So Dcat, @BP can attest to that being the usual MO. It takes a lot to get a ban longer than that around here, and she was not banned for long. I mean, you really have to continue after a temporary ban expires, or really repeatedly seek to make things personal. Basically, things that ruin the board. It's boring for other football/Jets-topic-seeking posters to read 2 others go at each other personally. It's the reason for Max's core of what thou shalt not post: no personal attacks, no (instigation-type) posts about religion, nor politics. There's enough disharmony that occurs on Jets players & coaches without that crap fueling fires, and there's no shortage of places on the internet to discuss them all. 

Other than the political stuff I never had a problem with jetophile, and still don't. In all honesty, I would welcome her back to the board if she stuck around now. She and I didn't have some long-standing animosity that finally erupted. Quite the contrary (unless I'm just mentally blocking something lol). So if anything, this was an example of not showing favoritism, and it's not like it was a "first offense ==> banned" scenario. Far, far from it. 

Sheese, I'll refresh your memory. You accused me of racism. Me, the most colorful person out there. "You were warned." I was never warned over anything. As to my politcal stuff about about our King, I don't know if I should laugh or hang myself.  I couldn't hack through your stilted recollection. 

36 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Sheese, I'll refresh your memory. You accused me of racism. Me, the most colorful person out there. "You were warned." I was never warned over anything. As to my politcal stuff about about our King, I don't know if I should laugh or hang myself.  I couldn't hack through your stilted recollection. 

sounds familiar ; i got suspended for racism from a picture .

24 minutes ago, jetophile said:

I looked it up after this post you're quoting, and purposely didn't say what it was (other than alluding to it being worthy of a vacation, which it was). There wasn't a last post; but rather it was the last 2 posts, and from your memory it would indicate there was a warning. So you were warned after the first post, and banned after the second. If I didn't give you that time off, I can tell you with 100% certainty that another moderator would have.

I didn't surmise what it was over, nor did I repost what you did, since you are welcome back if you'd like to post here again, and bringing it up might make that more difficult. You are not banned now, as you can plainly see. If you prefer to hold a grudge against me or the site, that is your prerogative without my permission or blessing. If you'd like to post here again, that is also fine.

38 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I looked it up after this post you're quoting, and purposely didn't say what it was (other than alluding to it being worthy of a vacation, which it was). There wasn't a last post; but rather it was the last 2 posts, and from your memory it would indicate there was a warning. So you were warned after the first post, and banned after the second. If I didn't give you that time off, I can tell you with 100% certainty that another moderator would have.

I didn't surmise what it was over, nor did I repost what you did, since you are welcome back if you'd like to post here again, and bringing it up might make that more difficult. You are not banned now, as you can plainly see. If you prefer to hold a grudge against me or the site, that is your prerogative without my permission or blessing. If you'd like to post here again, that is also fine.

Say it, why not? Force an honest conversation? What I did, c'mon. Again, you didn't read between the lines. I was raised in the most amazing background ever. Fidel Castro is a murderous pig, I should know, and I'm sure someone will sing Kumbaya. 

1 minute ago, jetophile said:

Say it, why not? Force an honest conversation? What I did, c'mon. Again, you didn't read between the lines. I was raised in the most amazing background ever. Fidel Castro is a murderous pig, I should know, and I'm sure someone will sing Kumbaya. 

This is a football website, not an "honest conversation" website about religion, politics, etc. There is no shortage of those sites on the web; this simply isn't one of them. 

23 minutes ago, jetophile said:

Say it, why not? Force an honest conversation? What I did, c'mon. Again, you didn't read between the lines. I was raised in the most amazing background ever. Put it this way. Fidel Castro is a murderous pig, I should know; but I'm sure someone is singing Kumbaya.

This decision was discussed in the mod forum at that time. And it was a unanimous decision to ban you. It was your decision to still be bitter after all this time, not Sperms.

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'll be honest with you lol I could care less. It was such a long time ago and she's still being petty about it after all this time.

Archived