•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Open Locker Room Today

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,764 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:33 AM

There should be a lot of quotes with the open locker room today. The media will hit up all the rookies and break them in!

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#2 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

Will they let JN peek in the window?

#3 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,764 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

Will they let JN peek in the window?

Apparently not, lol.

We would provide great coverage if we were allowed in though, that much I can guarantee. Oh well, hopefully some day in the future. :)

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#4 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,650 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:05 AM

Apparently not, lol.

We would provide great coverage if we were allowed in though, that much I can guarantee. Oh well, hopefully some day in the future. :)

Not sure they are looking for THAT kinda coverage.

#5 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

Apparently not, lol.

Well, your in good company. Namath probably isn't allowed in either

#6 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,745 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:23 AM

So what rookie wil stand out with their comments?
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#7 flgreen

flgreen

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:27 AM

So what rookie wil stand out with their comments?

My guess is Hill

#8 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:58 AM

Here is the first bit of news:

Chris Nimbley@Cnimbley
Sorry to disappoint guys, but we've just been told not to take & share pics of naked players. Because apparently someone actually did that

Not apparently, Chris, JetNation's own, Ryno the Jet, was first to report the mishap! Story here:

http://forums.jetnat...e/#entry2048831

#9 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:26 AM

Here we go:

Chris Nimbley@Cnimbley
Hill with nothing but nice things to say about Santonio, says Tone's been a lot of help & has a lot to teach

Kristian Dyer@KristianRDyer
Pouha praised Coples "He really pays attention to the details." #NYJ

Edited by Ryno the Jet, 16 May 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#10 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:27 AM

Chris Nimbley@Cnimbley
Reggie Bush said he's goal is to lead NFL in rushing, Shonn Greene says his goal is, "just to win games."

ooooooh, burrrrn!

#11 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:41 AM

Jenny Vrentas@JennyVrentas
RT @ConorTOrr McKnight said off. let out "sigh of relief" at Sparano's playbook. No late changes based on cov, "just win your matchup" #nyj

Brian Costello@BrianCoz
McKnight said the offense is not as complicated this year and he thinks they will be more committed to the run. #nyj

Chris Nimbley@Cnimbley
McKnight joked that he gained the weight by eating McDonald's. Jokes "I don't always eat right like Tebow."

Kimberley A. Martin@KMart_LI
Joe McKnight put on the pounds by eating Mickey Ds...said he's definitely not eating "all the right stuff like Tim Tebow." #nyj

Rich Cimini@RichCimini
In #Jets locker room: Joe McKnight says he's up 15 lbs, up to 216. His method? McDonald's. "I wasn't eating all the right stuff like Tebow."

Chris Nimbley@Cnimbley
McKnight wants to be a more complete back, says he's more powerful & explosive & hasn't lost his speed in space.

Manish Mehta @TheJetsStream
Joe McKnight: "I was eating healthy, but the majority of time I was eating bad. I wasn't eating all the right stuff... Like Tim Tebow." #nyj

Chris Nimbley@Cnimbley
Joe McKnight says he weighs 216, heaviest of career, usually plays at 200. Expects to lose 5-10 pounds during camp tho

Greene said it's weird being the older guy in mtgs. Even tho he's learning a new offense, he's guiding new guys like LT & TJ did 4 him #nyj

How did Joe McKnight gain 16 lbs this offseason? "A lot of McDonalds." ... Nice. #nyj

Brian Costello@BrianCoz
Joe McKnight on how he gained 15 pounds: "a lot of McDonalds."

Edited by Ryno the Jet, 16 May 2012 - 11:42 AM.

#12 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:42 AM

RT @ConorTOrr: McKnight said of last year "we were just thinking so much, (Sparano) just made it more easy for us this year." #nyj

RT @ConorTOrr: McKnight also said weight gain was thanks in part to McDonalds. "I wasn't eating all the right stuff like Tebow." #nyj

Chris Nimbley@Cnimbley
McKnight also talked about how much simpler the offense is this year, says if things were like this last year season would've end much diff.

Edited by Ryno the Jet, 16 May 2012 - 11:42 AM.

#13 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

Laura Albanese@AlbaneseLaura
McKnight on the Sparano offense: "If we had that last year, I think we could've done better. #nyj

#14 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:53 AM

Chris Nimbley@Cnimbley
Mangold was asked to explain accountability in new system, "It's pretty simple really, just beat your guy. Win your matchup."
Rich Cimini@RichCimini
Spoke to Bryan Thomas. Says he's running close to full spd. Goal is to be 100 pct by training camp, coming off Achilles' tendon tear.

#15 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 11:56 AM

Jake Steinberg@Steiny31
#Jets signed many UDFA on offense last year. How many guys made the team out of camp? None. Couldn't learn Brian Schottenheimer's playbook.

Bryan Thomas is already running and able to make times in conditioning drills. He said he'll participate on some level in OTAs.

Edited by Ryno the Jet, 16 May 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#16 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Chris Nimbley@Cnimbley
Bart Scott declines to talk today since its not mandatory. Says, "You won't catch me slipping and yes, I love Tebow."

Bart Scott (with a smile); "This is voluntary. I don't speak on voluntary... Yes, I love Tebow." #nyj

Bart Scott says he's not speaking at voluntary workouts. "Yes, I love Tebow," he said as he walked out. #nyj

Brian Costello@BrianCoz
Bart Scott says he doesn't speak English and declines to speak to reporters "Yes, I love Tebow"

Gotta love Bart!!!

Edited by Ryno the Jet, 16 May 2012 - 12:03 PM.

#17 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:05 PM

Kristian Dyer@KristianRDyer
Wayne Hunter on Nick Mangold's chest "wax": "Should have taken his beard off, that's like Sampson." #NYJ

Brian Costello@BrianCoz
Kenrick Ellis won't say if he'll need to miss time for his trial, which is scheduled to begin next week. #nyj

Kendrick Ellis repeating it's "a legal issue" 2 questions re: his upcoming trial. On a fball note, he called Dunbar "a technician" #nyj

Kenrick Ellis on upcoming trial: "It's a legal issue. I don't want to comment right now. It's pending." #nyj

Bart Scott said he's not talking cause it's voluntary. As he walked out of locker rm, said he lives Tebow. #nyj

Rich Cimini@RichCimini
Bart Scott blows off reporters: "This is voluntary. I don't speak on voluntary." At least he didn't volunteer a middle finger at reporters.

Rich, the comedian...:yawn:

Edited by Ryno the Jet, 16 May 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#18 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

Kenrick Ellis is mum on upcoming trial, says he can't speak on the case or if he'll miss time because of pending legal matter. #nyj

Kenrick Ellis down 10lbs to 335. Said he wants to lose another 5. #nyj

Rich Cimini@RichCimini
Kenrick Ellis won't answer questions about upcoming trial. After a few questions, PR halts non-football questions. #Jets

Chris Nimbley@Cnimbley
I'll tell you this, these d-lineman love them some Karl Dunbar

Edited by Ryno the Jet, 16 May 2012 - 12:07 PM.

#19 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:09 PM

On football matters, Ellis says he's been working on technique with Karl Dunbar and has dropped to 335 lbs. Target is 330. #nyj

Chris Nimbley@Cnimbley
Reporters hounded Kenrick Ellis relentlessly on legal issues, knowing full well he can't comment. Then they throw a hissy fit #smh

Dennis Waszak Jr.@DWAZ73
Kenrick Ellis declines to comment on upcoming trial, saying it's a legal matter. Says he's down to 335 from 345. #Jets

Adam Schein@AdamSchein
"Can't wait" apparently can't tackle or talk! RT @KMart_LI Bart Scott said he's not talking cause it's voluntary.

What a douche...

Edited by Ryno the Jet, 16 May 2012 - 12:09 PM.

#20 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:10 PM

Chris Nimbley@Cnimbley
Ellis says he feels so much better, more comfortable & ready going into this season than last. Much more familiar w/ what's expected of him

#21 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,745 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

Is this a commercial for McDonalds or a training camp report?
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#22 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,764 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

Thanks Ryno!

#23 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,764 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

That would be awesome to weigh 335 lbs and say, I would like to lose another 5. LOL!!!

#24 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

Dennis Waszak Jr.@DWAZ73
Revis says Tebow is "a playmaker and he wins games." Adds that he's "a born leader." #Jets

Revis on Tebow: "He's a born leader." #nyj

Brian Costello@BrianCoz
Jets not commenting publicly on turning down "Hard Knocks." "That's news to me," Rex Ryan said. #nyj

Revis said if he were an opponent seeing Sanchez & Tebow on field @ same time, 1st thought: trick play. Said there's no way 2 prepare 4 that

Dennis Waszak Jr.@DWAZ73
Revis hopes Jim Leonhard gets healthy and returns to #Jets. Says they'd miss their defensive QB.

Edited by Ryno the Jet, 16 May 2012 - 12:19 PM.

#25 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

That would be awesome to weigh 335 lbs and say, I would like to lose another 5. LOL!!!

Haha, too funny!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users