So.......how many wins WILL the Jets have this season?

BlackDynamite

Injuries, in-fighting, qb controvery, and misfits destroy the season and we get Rex's resignation on Christmas Eve after we lose to the Chargers at home on the 23rd.

Mike Westhoff leads them to victory in Week 17, dropping us from the potential 1st overall pick to 4th overall, where we draft Matt Barkley to replace Sanchez/Teblow.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Injuries, in-fighting, qb controvery, and misfits destroy the season and we get Rex's resignation on Christmas Eve after we lose to the Chargers at home on the 23rd.

Mike Westhoff leads them to victory in Week 17, dropping us from the potential 1st overall pick to 4th overall, where we draft Matt Barkley to replace Sanchez/Teblow.

All I heard was Barkley to replace Sanchez, and I decided that I am all in on your idea.

Who? Young?

Every year it seems like it's going to be Buffalo's renaissance year, and every year they fall short. I agree they added a couple nice pieces, but I wouldn't put any money on them to finish second in the division.

And Rex Ryan >>>> Chan Gailey

I will take Gailey any day of week, the dude knows Offense, i am not sure what Rexey does these days

Buff ravaged by injuries last yr

I will take Gailey any day of week, the dude knows Offense, i am not sure what Rexey does these days

Seriously?

Rex Ryan has never presided over a defense ranked lower than #6 overall. In his seven years as a DC or HC, he's had the #1 offense twice, #2 once, #3 once, #5 twice, and #6 once.

Chan Gailey has never presided over an offense ranked higher than #6 overall. In his 11 years as an OC or HC, only three times has he ranked higher than 14th, with four seasons (four of his last five, btw) in the 20's.

You can have Chan every day of the week if you want.

Seriously? Rex Ryan has never presided over a defense ranked lower than #6 overall. In his seven years as a DC or HC, he's had the #1 offense twice, #2 once, #3 once, #5 twice, and #6 once. Chan Gailey has never presided over an offense ranked higher than #6 overall. In his 11 years as an OC or HC, only three times has he ranked higher than 14th, with four seasons (four of his last five, btw) in the 20's. You can have Chan every day of the week if you want.

last years defense stunk

except mangold. Slauson Moore and plax played a lot of the season hurt. Devito got hurt enough that he's being replaced by coples this season. Leonhard, b Thomas.

Oh please, jets were pretty healthy all year, mangold missed a few games, leonard got hurt at end of yr, every team had players playing hurt. Jills were decimated thru injuries

Again Jills had major injuries last yr, while Jets had very few injuries

Moore started the season fresh off hip surgery. it was clear he wasn't 100% until mid season. Mangold had a high ankle sprain early in the season, never really got back to 100%. Slauson had shoulder surgery after the season ended

This. However, I personally seeing this a double digit win season...something like 11 or 12.

I agree.

I am not fully buying all the Buffalo stock yet.

IMHO if the Jets played like they did last year, they should get 10 wins. If they play better, 12 wins should be easy.

overall I say 7-9 at this pointt. Subject to change ofcourse because the Jets and other teams will change over the next few weeks. There are always 4 games on the schedule where 2 should be losses and 2 should be wins for the most part. If the Jets win the 2 they should and lose the 2 they should, 7-9 looks about right. If they lose those 2 they should win, and lose the 2 they should`ve, 5-11 plays a big part. If it`s the opposite, 9-7 at best. So anywhere from 5-11 to 9-7 is where I have them. They will NOT win the AFC East once again. They will not get home field throughout. They will NOT even make the playoffs at this point. We`ll see how pre-season goes, who gets cut, who gets hurt, etc... I wouldn`t put any money on the Jets unless you`re betting them to have a poor season.

overall I say 7-9 at this pointt. Subject to change ofcourse because the Jets and other teams will change over the next few weeks. There are always 4 games on the schedule where 2 should be losses and 2 should be wins for the most part. If the Jets win the 2 they should and lose the 2 they should, 7-9 looks about right. If they lose those 2 they should win, and lose the 2 they should`ve, 5-11 plays a big part. If it`s the opposite, 9-7 at best. So anywhere from 5-11 to 9-7 is where I have them. They will NOT win the AFC East once again. They will not get home field throughout. They will NOT even make the playoffs at this point. We`ll see how pre-season goes, who gets cut, who gets hurt, etc... I wouldn`t put any money on the Jets unless you`re betting them to have a poor season.

I like your optimism and clever use of italics.

I like your optimism and clever use of italics.

thank you. it was an accident btw. As far as optimism? Not much at all. I like your sarcasm though.

there are 2 kinds of Jets fans. High Hope Homers and Realistic. If realistic falls under doom & gloom, then so be it. The homers can`t see the truth about the Jets. They have sucked for the last 43 years. 43 years of hoping? Be real I say. The Jets surge like every 10 years, then back to reality.

• 3 months later...

oooh! Im doing good so far!!!

• 1 month later...

The defense this year will be good for 9 wins easy. 11-12 is on the table if the offense as a unit plays at just an average level and keeps the turnovers down to a minimum.

oops

10-6 wild card year again

oops

12 seems right, but 13-14 if Tannenbaum's QB beans sprout.

oops

6-10 for Jets

nice

This will be a 12 and 4 year.

oops

12. Thats my story and Im sticking to it

oops

9 wins is my bare minimum. Anything below that and heads have to roll. I'll go with 11. The defense is going to be superb.

oops

We are going to be 12-4 with a first rd bye along with our first division title in years. Brady finally gets old and gets benched/smashed week 10. The NE area realizes suddenly something very similar to what Indianapolis did last year. Wow..... Brady was pretty important to our success for the past 300 years.

Ryan Mallett goes the way of Jay Fiedler following a legend. Who?? Yes... that's exactly what I mean.

oops

12. Not including the playoffs where we go deep.

oops

not oops

11 wins and we sweep the pats book it

oops

Jets 10-6. Sweep Patriots.

oops

12-4 Sanchez Super Bowl MVP

oops

oops

Archived