•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cimini: Jets Hire Aaron Glenn As A Scout

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,773 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:23 PM

Rich Cimini is reporting that the New York Jets have hired former 1st round pick Aaron Glenn as a scout.

Glenn, a successful businessman in the Houston area, was the Jets' No. 1 draft pick in 1994. He played eight seasons with the Jets before going to the Texans in the 2002 expansion draft. He didn't retire until he was 36, culminating a 15-year career with five teams.

Glenn always was known as a studious player, and he obviously has a passion for the personnel side of the business. This was a good hire by the Jets, who should bring more of their former players into the organization.

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#2 RSJ

RSJ

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,423 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:29 PM

Always liked Glenn. He was a great Jet.

#3 JetNation

JetNation

Transition Player

• Members
  • 5,953 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

Post image for Cimini: Jets Hire Aaron Glenn As A Scout

Rich Cimini is reporting that the New York Jets have hired former 1st round pick Aaron Glenn as a scout.

Glenn, a successful businessman in the Houston area, was the Jets’ No. 1 draft pick in 1994. He played eight seasons with the Jets before going to the Texans in the 2002 expansion draft. He didn’t retire until he was 36, culminating a 15-year career with five teams.

Glenn always was known as a studious player, and he obviously has a passion for the personnel side of the business. This was a good hire by the Jets, who should bring more of their former players into the organization.

Aaron Glenn made multiple pro bowls during his time with the New York Jets.  How good will he be as a scout?  You can tell us what you think, in our New York Jets forum.

#4 BurnleyJet

BurnleyJet

Fan for 30 years (You get less for Murder these days!)

• Members
  • 2,507 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:06 AM

One of the few Jet bright spots from the 90's.
I really like Glenn, he was my fav Jet corner until Revis turned up.

#5 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 9,003 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

He's still y favorite since Revis acts like an a$$hole with his contract.

#6 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

I may or may not like things

• Members
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:50 AM

Ahhh yes. Arron Glenn. How I loved him. He was the first corner in my lifetime that I felt completely confident in. I tried with Hasty, but it didn't work.
When Parcells came here the Jets signed Glenn to a new long term contract. Parcells said something to the effect of "If you're trying to win a championship, you don't let players like Aaron Glenn get away."
Sucked the way we cut ties with him IMO. I have no idea how he will be as a scout, but I do like the hiring of former Jets players.
Her's wishing him well.
Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

/Users/christopherteaney/Downloads/dark-elf-shaiya.jpg

#7 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,617 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

Glenn was great until he got burned by Joey Galloway and suffered that high ankle sprain. I don't think he was ever the same. Jets were fortunate at the time that they got the salary dump of the expansion draft. It sucked to lose him, but it had to happen. Bill Parcells bought a lot of groceries on credit.

Why does a "successful businessman" want to take a job as an NFL scout?
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#8 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

He was a shining light in the darkness. Second jersey I ever owned. Love him, love this hiring.

#9 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:46 AM

Glenn was great until he got burned by Joey Galloway and suffered that high ankle sprain. I don't think he was ever the same. Jets were fortunate at the time that they got the salary dump of the expansion draft. It sucked to lose him, but it had to happen. Bill Parcells bought a lot of groceries on credit.

Because he was successful? Same reason you want to retire to a place where you can light up and hit young honeys with no attachment. When Im done practicing I want to open a small Italian rest/ piano bar with a couple partners and work the weekends as a host sharing whiskey and good food with the patrons. I look awesome in black suits.

#10 faba

faba

• Moderators
  • 25,764 posts
  • LocationHolmdel

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

Good to welcome back ex Jets to the organization
Treat people with how you want to be treated-with respect.

#11 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,617 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Because he was successful? Same reason you want to retire to a place where you can light up and hit young honeys with no attachment. When Im done practicing I want to open a small Italian rest/ piano bar with a couple partners and work the weekends as a host sharing whiskey and good food with the patrons. I look awesome in black suits.

Let me know when that opens up. I'll be there.
back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#12 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

its an interesting question, and the answer has to be for the love of the game. It can't be for money. Glenn gets back on a team, gets to wear the logo again etc.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#13 The Crusher

The Crusher

More Please!!!

• Moderators
  • 29,662 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

Let me know when that opens up. I'll be there.

As soon as Rose finishes her last semester of College Im out in 2 years. Hopefully the few people I have drank to this idea with are into it then. I would loved to just welcome everyone person that comes in and make them have fun while I freestyle rap to piano music. Hey wait a minute. Let me talk to CTM, he's taking piano lessons.

#14 Obrien2Toon

Obrien2Toon

Harbaugh or Bevell please!!!

• Members
  • 1,382 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

Love it!

Glenn > Revis

#15 glenn31

glenn31

It's Been Awhile

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

Posted Image
There is unrest in the forest,
There is trouble with the trees,
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas.

#16 bitonti

bitonti

Draft Bathroom Attendant

• Members
  • 15,139 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

Glenn > Revis

um... no.

My posts have to get worse, so they can get better.

#17 JOJOTOWNSELL

JOJOTOWNSELL

Free Agent

• Members
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:34 AM

why does this amp me up like waaay to much??
stick to flippin hot dogs and burgers on every other sunday - BP 12/20/2010

#18 New York Mick

New York Mick

Still Censored

• Members
  • 9,003 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

why does this amp me up like waaay to much??

Cause youre a Jets fan. It's like giving an empty bottle to someone who was born and raised in the jungle. They get happy over anything good that happens to them.

#19 rillo

rillo

Bernard Pollard for President.

• Members
  • 9,925 posts
  • LocationWPB, FL

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

Always liked Glenn. He was a great Jet.

Agreed, hurt when he left.

#20 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 17,313 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

I will invest every ******* dime I have in a Crusher-owned bar. There's no way that sh*t isn't successful.

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#21 Jets62

Jets62

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Posted Image

Hemispheres,great album!

#22 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,352 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

"mike listen to me, just because a corner is 5'7" doesn't mean he isn't nfl material"

yeah, ok Aaron, we get it......
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

#23 Thai Jet

Thai Jet

Climbing Chemical Dude

• Members
  • 31,257 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

He was a great CB for the Jets and a class guy. One of my favorite Jets.
Summiting is optional - getting down is mandatory (Ed Viesturs) LA LAKERS - 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS
ALABAMA . 15 time NATIONAL CHAMPIONS . ROLL TIDE !!

#24 Ryno the Jet

Ryno the Jet

AGS WIN

• Members
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Love it!! AG is the reason I am a Jets fan. I went to school with Jason at A&M, but I was born an Aggie. Growing up, Aaron was my favorite A&M player of all time. The Aggie D was sick while he was there, and having the Jets draft him and Big Play Ray was a calling for me. I have been a Jets fan ever since. When Jason was drafted years later, I almost cried.

God bless the Glenn family! Aaron and Jason have like 12 additional siblings. They are good people, and I am thrilled that Aaron's legacy with the Jets has a new chapter!

Just hope Aaron shys away from recruiting DBs from his alma mater until their program has a chance to rebound and their D is transformed to a legit SEC caliber unit...

Edited by Ryno the Jet, 10 June 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#25 Larz

Larz

High priest of Syrinx

• Members
  • 18,352 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:51 AM

it is cool to have glenn in the fold

as jets fans we are subjected to ray lucas and kris jenkins, it's about time a "real" jet got hired for something
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users