Cimini: Jets Hire Aaron Glenn As A Scout

Maxman

Rich Cimini is reporting that the New York Jets have hired former 1st round pick Aaron Glenn as a scout.

Glenn, a successful businessman in the Houston area, was the Jets' No. 1 draft pick in 1994. He played eight seasons with the Jets before going to the Texans in the 2002 expansion draft. He didn't retire until he was 36, culminating a 15-year career with five teams.

Glenn always was known as a studious player, and he obviously has a passion for the personnel side of the business. This was a good hire by the Jets, who should bring more of their former players into the organization.

Post image for Cimini: Jets Hire Aaron Glenn As A Scout

AaronGlenn1.jpgRich Cimini is reporting that the New York Jets have hired former 1st round pick Aaron Glenn as a scout.

Glenn, a successful businessman in the Houston area, was the Jets’ No. 1 draft pick in 1994. He played eight seasons with the Jets before going to the Texans in the 2002 expansion draft. He didn’t retire until he was 36, culminating a 15-year career with five teams.

Glenn always was known as a studious player, and he obviously has a passion for the personnel side of the business. This was a good hire by the Jets, who should bring more of their former players into the organization.

Aaron Glenn made multiple pro bowls during his time with the New York Jets.  How good will he be as a scout?  You can tell us what you think, in our

Ahhh yes. Arron Glenn. How I loved him. He was the first corner in my lifetime that I felt completely confident in. I tried with Hasty, but it didn't work.

When Parcells came here the Jets signed Glenn to a new long term contract. Parcells said something to the effect of "If you're trying to win a championship, you don't let players like Aaron Glenn get away."

Sucked the way we cut ties with him IMO. I have no idea how he will be as a scout, but I do like the hiring of former Jets players.

Her's wishing him well.

Glenn was great until he got burned by Joey Galloway and suffered that high ankle sprain. I don't think he was ever the same. Jets were fortunate at the time that they got the salary dump of the expansion draft. It sucked to lose him, but it had to happen. Bill Parcells bought a lot of groceries on credit.

Why does a "successful businessman" want to take a job as an NFL scout?

Glenn was great until he got burned by Joey Galloway and suffered that high ankle sprain. I don't think he was ever the same. Jets were fortunate at the time that they got the salary dump of the expansion draft. It sucked to lose him, but it had to happen. Bill Parcells bought a lot of groceries on credit.

Because he was successful? Same reason you want to retire to a place where you can light up and hit young honeys with no attachment. When Im done practicing I want to open a small Italian rest/ piano bar with a couple partners and work the weekends as a host sharing whiskey and good food with the patrons. I look awesome in black suits.

Because he was successful? Same reason you want to retire to a place where you can light up and hit young honeys with no attachment. When Im done practicing I want to open a small Italian rest/ piano bar with a couple partners and work the weekends as a host sharing whiskey and good food with the patrons. I look awesome in black suits.

Let me know when that opens up. I'll be there.

its an interesting question, and the answer has to be for the love of the game. It can't be for money. Glenn gets back on a team, gets to wear the logo again etc.

Let me know when that opens up. I'll be there.

As soon as Rose finishes her last semester of College Im out in 2 years. Hopefully the few people I have drank to this idea with are into it then. I would loved to just welcome everyone person that comes in and make them have fun while I freestyle rap to piano music. Hey wait a minute. Let me talk to CTM, he's taking piano lessons.

Love it!! AG is the reason I am a Jets fan. I went to school with Jason at A&M, but I was born an Aggie. Growing up, Aaron was my favorite A&M player of all time. The Aggie D was sick while he was there, and having the Jets draft him and Big Play Ray was a calling for me. I have been a Jets fan ever since. When Jason was drafted years later, I almost cried.

God bless the Glenn family! Aaron and Jason have like 12 additional siblings. They are good people, and I am thrilled that Aaron's legacy with the Jets has a new chapter!

Just hope Aaron shys away from recruiting DBs from his alma mater until their program has a chance to rebound and their D is transformed to a legit SEC caliber unit...

As soon as Rose finishes her last semester of College Im out in 2 years. Hopefully the few people I have drank to this idea with are into it then. I would loved to just welcome everyone person that comes in and make them have fun while I freestyle rap to piano music. Hey wait a minute. Let me talk to CTM, he's taking piano lessons.

<--- Used to play, going to pick it up again when my little guy starts to learn.

I am glad to see Glenn back in the Jets family.

Archived