A Note To The Mafia'ers

Maxman

Being the FOURTH response to this thread. I take high offence to that. Thanks alot. Much appreciate being overlooked when I just said thank you. Wow.

You don't understand. We were on the old server then and my post was actually cut off. The full text reads:

...the first three responses are from beautiful women. Pretty cool. :) And the 4th response was from someone that raises the proverbial beauty bar even higher.

This is a tough one...do you just settle for 3 girls being happy you complimented them, with 1 mad? Or do you go for it and try to make them all happy. So confused, lol.

Total oversight on my part though. No offense intended.

I was talking about you, but Verbal seemed to miss you and you didn't come back!

Then why'd you say "thats why I said first four" to his thing about Jif? -shrugs-

It was a joke. Most apparently missed it.

jif is more of a women then the lot of ya

^ This guy didn't miss it.

• 4 weeks later...

A note to the esteemed posters of the Mafia Forum. A few things:

1. Thank you. You guys and girls are like posting animals in here. We definitely appreciate you making this your mafia home.

2. We upgraded the server so hopefully things will be faster going forward.

Other items like Search are being worked on soon. We identified the bug in advanced search (its not working) and should have it up and running this week.

Thanks! And let me know if you have any questions or comments. Or if you just want to tell me off, that is fine as well. :)

Max.. search is still a train wreck, the results come back ordered all wrong and it impacts our ability to play the game. Can you reopen the ticket?

Max.. search is still a train wreck, the results come back ordered all wrong and it impacts our ability to play the game. Can you reopen the ticket?

How is it a train wreck? How is it ordered wrong? If you can give a specific example for them to look at I will send it over to them.

How is it a train wreck? How is it ordered wrong? If you can give a specific example for them to look at I will send it over to them.

The ordering is supposed to be by Last Date, but it's all out of order.

The ordering is supposed to be by Last Date, but it's all out of order.

I just did a search and it returned the results in the exact order that the index was set to. Like I said in my last post, I need you provide a specific example. I am not trying to be difficult I just need more info to have them look at it.

Last time there was a definite problem which was fixed. We spent a few hours on it and they installed Sphinx which seems to have sped it up a lot. Just give me something I can repeat and I will pass it on.

try this.. Search Author T0mShane, forum Jets, shows as posts. Scroll down.. You'll notice this view returns 2 posts from Friday 7/13

Then go back to search, Search Author T0mShane, forum Jets, shows as posts. This time filter by beginning 7/12 ending 7/13 (validate time is correct) Scroll down.. You'll notice he had way more then 2 posts on 7/13.

It's either dropping posts or out of order

I just did a search and it returned the results in the exact order that the index was set to. Like I said in my last post, I need you provide a specific example. I am not trying to be difficult I just need more info to have them look at it.

Last time there was a definite problem which was fixed. We spent a few hours on it and they installed Sphinx which seems to have sped it up a lot. Just give me something I can repeat and I will pass it on.

sheesh.. no patience.. check the post above

try this.. Search Author T0mShane, forum Jets, shows as posts. Scroll down.. You'll notice this view returns 2 posts from Friday 7/13

Then go back to search, Search Author T0mShane, forum Jets, shows as posts. This time filter by beginning 7/12 ending 7/13 (validate time is correct) Scroll down.. You'll notice he had way more then 2 posts on 7/13.

It's either dropping posts or out of order

Thanks. I asked Bergen to look into this, I am going to continue working on the new site.

I was able to duplicate the issue. I am going to start looking into it as soon as I get a chance. I prefer Crusher's solution, but Max did ask me to fix the issue.

No I just asked you to make the problem go away. However you see fit, lol.

Thanks for looking into this.

Archived