NY Jets Minicamp Podcast

Maxman

Post image for NY Jets Minicamp Podcast

Nick Casale and Courtney Aurillo are back with another JetNation Podcast.  In this episode they take a look at what we learned in mini camp.  The Jets held two open mini camp practices in Florham Park and JetNation was there taking in all the action.

The dynamic podcasting duo also takes a look at the Jets defensive line and talks a little bit about Sanchez.

Then, the unthinkable happened.  Nick Casale actually suggests that the Jets could handle the Darrelle Revis contract situation by….well click play below and hear Nick’s thoughts for yourself.

NY Jets Minicamp Podcast

by Nick Casale on June 22, 2012[edit]

in Featured Editorials

podcasts.gif

Nick Casale and Courtney Aurillo are back with another JetNation Podcast. In this episode they take a look at what we learned in mini camp. The Jets held two open mini camp practices in Florham Park and JetNation was there taking in all the action.

The dynamic podcasting duo also takes a look at the Jets defensive line and talks a little bit about Sanchez.

Then, the unthinkable happened. Nick Casale actually suggests that the Jets could handle the Darrelle Revis contract situation by….well click play below and hear Nick’s thoughts for yourself.

http://www.jetnation.com/podcasts/2012/JNPC0003.mp3

Great job Nick

Who is the MC? Reeeeeal time updaaaaates. LOL

All in all fun podcast. BTW Revis for ???. No way

The MC is a voice over guy...he did a bunch of intros for us, along with some impressions. We should give him a plug and post some of his work. They are pretty funny.

Rah rah Jets. The Sanchez discussion went like this:

Court: "I think Sanchez is gonna be good."

Nick: "Ya. Me too. Super good."

Court: "I know, right?"

Nick: "Totally good. I think."

And that "trade Revis" thing was the most ill-informed sh't I've ever heard. If you posted that scenario on here in a thread, it wouldn't even merit a response. Dude's gotta do some research on cap numbers, etc. (And this is ME telling someone to do research). It was so unfounded that it was sub-Craig-Carton dopey.

Rah rah Jets. The Sanchez discussion went like this:

Court: "I think Sanchez is gonna be good."

Nick: "Ya. Me too. Super good."

Court: "I know, right?"

Nick: "Totally good. I think."

And that "trade Revis" thing was the most ill-informed sh't I've ever heard. If you posted that scenario on here in a thread, it wouldn't even merit a response. Dude's gotta do some research on cap numbers, etc. (And this is ME telling someone to do research). It was so unfounded that it was sub-Craig-Carton dopey.

I thought it was really interesting when Nick said he wished he had LT for his entire 11 year career.

That and how the Jets dont have 3-4 talent. So true. This defense has sucked since Rex got here.

I do agree on our Defense I can't wait to see them in action.

On JPP for Revis :shutit: I might consider it ... But, I'm sorry, I wouldn't take the first round picks for him it's never a sure thing.

why do the Jets need to follow the Giants blueprints to beating the Pats? The Jets beat the Pats 2x in 2010. They have their own blue prints. Quinton Coples can take over a game just like Shaun Ellis took over that playoff game. Screw all this 3-4 or 4-3 talk, the system doesn't matter. it's about individuals beating their match ups.

By the way the Giants blueprints to victory include Eli Manning. Just sayin'.

Maybin was relentless last year... for a few games. For other games down the stretch (Eagles, Giants) he was a waste of space. i've never seen a guy generate so much great press out of 6 sacks. He had the same year Jason taylor did the year prior. that's great and all but c'mon. He's not Jared Allen.

as for the Revis value discussion, i agree that a Qb deserves the money. But to say DE deserves more money than Revis is highly debatable. Revis is probably the best defender in the entire league, because of players like Calvin Johnson and the quick passing offense. There's an article about why left tackles are going down in value because teams can't get edge pressure anymore. I don't agree with that but overall you've got 10 or so players that are on JPP's level at the DE position and 1 player that's on revis' level at the CB position. JPP is not the Revis of DE's. I personally wouldn't trade Revis for JPP. Revis is rarer. If you want him to retire a Jet he needs to have a contract longer than 2 years left.

Maybin was relentless last year... for a few games. For other games down the stretch (Eagles, Giants) he was a waste of space. i've never seen a guy generate so much great press out of 6 sacks. He had the same year Jason taylor did the year prior. that's great and all but c'mon. He's not Jared Allen.

If Maybin is bad against the run, he's not going to play. It's not like the Jets offense is set up to break out to huge leads, forcing teams to pass. Rex isn't trading on his run defense to accommodate anyone.

as for the Revis value discussion, i agree that a Qb deserves the money. But to say DE deserves more money than Revis is highly debatable. Revis is probably the best defender in the entire league, because of players like Calvin Johnson and the quick passing offense. There's an article about why left tackles are going down in value because teams can't get edge pressure anymore. I don't agree with that but overall you've got 10 or so players that are on JPP's level at the DE position and 1 player that's on revis' level at the CB position. JPP is not the Revis of DE's. I personally wouldn't trade Revis for JPP. Revis is rarer. If you want him to retire a Jet he needs to have a contract longer than 2 years left.

As we know, you can't trade Revis this year because the cap hit would be immense. The Giants don't have cap room. The Giants also have three decent corners with Corey Webster, a healthy Terrell Thomas and Prince Amukamara, who came on at the end of last season. They don't need to sell the farm for a CB, even one as good as Revis.

Archived