What is your most prized jets related possession ?

Larz

My "Only 3 losing seasons in the last 15" T-shirt.

I went to buy that, but it was sold out. So, I got a Back2Back AFC Championship Game Appearance Hoodie.

Kids today....

I grew up rooting for this team in the 70's, a decade in which they never had a winning season. A .500 year was cause for celebration! Playoffs? How about three straight 3-11 seasons?

Even with last year's disasterous 8-8 record, these are the glory years for this franchise. Sad, but true.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kids today....

I grew up rooting for this team in the 70's, a decade in which they never had a winning season. A .500 year was cause for celebration! Playoffs? How about three straight 3-11 seasons?

Even with last year's disasterous 8-8 record, these are the glory years for this franchise. Sad, but true.

Don't get me wrong, I've got my "from awful to almost good" beer coozie too. It's just not my favorite possession.

I went to buy that, but it was sold out. So, I got a Back2Back AFC Championship Game Appearance Hoodie.

Football is a very cheap hobby, and very fun entertainment. That's it.

Even if the Jets win the Super Bowl, it's back to work the next day. Don't make a dime on it. The one day will be fun. The hang over not so much.

If only winning the Super Bowl makes it exciting, and fun for you, well, I guess your in for a lot of disappointment in your life. No matter who you root for.

Me? I've been entertained very cheaply, and had a lot of fun every season no matter the outcome. Even the Kotite years.

Football is a very cheap hobby, and very fun entertainment. That's it.

Even if the Jets win the Super Bowl, it's back to work the next day. Don't make a dime on it. The one day will be fun. The hang over not so much.

If only winning the Super Bowl makes it exciting, and fun for you, well, I guess your in for a lot of disappointment in your life. No matter who you root for.

Me? I've been entertained very cheaply, and had a lot of fun every season no matter the outcome. Even the Kotite years.

It's like marrying a woman with a decent personality, but no vagina.

Either that, or it's the green Beanie Jets Bear with #16 on the front and Testaverde on the back. I use that to throw at the big screen when the Jets do dumb sh*t.

A couple of months ago, I found one of those in a mom-and-pop thrift store in a small town here in Illinois. It was marked a dollar. Needless to say, I bought it, and the bear now sits on my desk.

bammfootnfl16testaverdejets.jpg

403162428_o.jpg

its my fathers, but its pretty cool I guess.

i also have one of these. i ran across it on ebay a few months back and had to get it. I dont have a record player, but i figured it was cool enough to prop up and let people look at it.

Kids today, such a sense of entitlement.

Damn straight. When I was a kid, the Jets walked uphill both ways in the snow only to lose nearly every week on a baseball infield.

When Joe Namath led them to a 7-7 record in 1974, my heart nearly burst from the overwhelming pride.

A couple of months ago, I found one of those in a mom-and-pop thrift store in a small town here in Illinois. It was marked a dollar. Needless to say, I bought it, and the bear now sits on my desk.

i got a Keyshawn one of those in 1997 or 98 hahahaha

That's the one! FYI - He's very easy on the flat screens!

That's the one! FYI - He's very easy on the flat screens!

I will keep that in mind for the upcoming season. I'm prone to throwing things at the TV as well, but I've been able to control myself since I got a flat screen. It sort of makes me wish that I still had one of those indestructible old-school TVs just for Jets games...

old-tv-set.jpg

I will keep that in mind for the upcoming season. I'm prone to throwing things at the TV as well, but I've been able to control myself since I got a flat screen. It sort of makes me wish that I had one of those indestructible old-school TVs just for Jets games...

7.jpg

No kidding!! Damn technology!! Damn it to hell!!!!

I saw one of these on "American Pickers" last night, and now I want one. The dude on the show bought it for like 40 bucks.

8705462_1_l.jpg

I vaguely remember having an electric football game similar to this when I was a very young kid, but it was nowhere near this cool.

I saw one of these on "American Pickers" last night, and now I want one. The dude on the show bought it for like 40 bucks.

8705462_1_l.jpg

I vaguely remember having an electric football game similar to this when I was a very young kid, but it was nowhere near this cool.

I had that exact game. That little Joe Namath figure in the back/left of the box had a spring-loaded right arm that could throw the football. It was definitely a cool game. We played it all the time.

i used to have a Pennington replica arm

i cooked it with my pasta one day when i ran out of noodles.

I had the cardboard standee of Chad. Tore his arm off after his last injury when he was a Jet and threw everything up into two giant oak trees in my front yard. They stayed up there a few weeks until a storm came.

My favorite Jets schwag would have to be two authentic jersies, Klecko and Joe Willie. The Super Bowl III DVD is fun too, especially the commercials.

EDIT: that came out wrong. Of course the Game is the best part of the SBIII DVD, but the commercials are way cool!

1) I have just about every Jets game on DVD going back to 1980 minus about 12-15 games. Throw in some from the late 70's as well and radio broadcasts of the AFL Championship game against the Raiders and the 1969 playoff loss to the Chiefs.

2) A 1987 Jets yearbook signed by about 20 players during the 1987 Strike when they had a get together outside the stadium before the Jets-Dallas scab game that year.

3) A couple of Jersey's (Not Authentic or game worn) but Jerseys that I have worn to games ranging from Lance Mehl to James Hasty, to Aaron Glenn, Pennington, and now of course Revis.

I had the cardboard standee of Chad. Tore his arm off after his last injury when he was a Jet and threw everything up into two giant oak trees in my front yard. They stayed up there a few weeks until a storm came.

My favorite Jets schwag would have to be two authentic jersies, Klecko and Joe Willie. The Super Bowl III DVD is fun too, especially the commercials.

EDIT: that came out wrong. Of course the Game is the best part of the SBIII DVD, but the commercials are way cool!

superbowl 3 on dvd? i'd like to own that!!!!!

Archived