PFT Evan Silva, in his preseason power rankings, has the Jets at...

T0mShane

That sounds about right. No offense with no RT, RB, or QB. Cancer at WR along with a kid who only caught 29 passes in college, an injury prone Raiders castoff, and the guy who might end up being the best QB on the roster. Hunter will be the downfall of the other 4 OL, quality as they may be. RB lacks a star talent and we know how that works in today's game.

Throw in a defense that doesn't know what front they want to play in and can't find anything more than half a pass rusher in Maybin and this team could be disaster. Our best hope is that Tyler Bray becomes a studier, healthier fellow or Matt Barkley isn't as much a hack as Sanchez.

The offense is going to be very hard to watch. I know most don't want to hear it... But with our QB, a stable of sh*tty backs, a malcontent at WR who's undersized and not a burner and two other unproven guys.... This team will not only struggle to score points... They're going to struggle to get first downs.

This team is going to be better than alot of people think. They were 8-8 last year, not 2-14. This years offense CANNOT be as bad and disjointed as it was last year. It will not be great but it willl be much more efficient. I don't believe all the sky-is-falling predictions. As for the defense, it will be much better than last year. They have added some much needed speed with Coples and Davis. Thomas is back and they really did miss him last year setting the edge. Scott is getting a little old but had lost 15-20 lbs and has something to prove. Even the safety position has been upgraded(couldn't be any worse). I think this defense has a chance to be as good as they were in Rex's first year when they were first in NFL. Overall I expect a better year than last year on both sides of the ball and on special teams. #27 is simply laughable.

#27.

The article isn't up yet, but he tweeted the tease earlier. I just wanted to give the hand-wringers a head start on lambasting the eeeeeeevil meeeeeeedia.

Has a team with a top 5 defense ever finished the season as a bottom 10 team?

The offense is going to be very hard to watch. I know most don't want to hear it... But with our QB, a stable of sh*tty backs, a malcontent at WR who's undersized and not a burner and two other unproven guys.... This team will not only struggle to score points... They're going to struggle to get first downs.

WTF are you talking about? The offense has been hard to watch and struggled to get first downs for as long as I can remember, since Vinny was the QB.

Has a team with a top 5 defense ever finished the season as a bottom 10 team?

I agree. I think the defense gets you eight wins by itself. The question is, can the offense steal us three games when the defense isn't dominant?

clearly an attempt at riling up a very vocal fanbase.. hate is better than no response at all yada yada.

just saw his little tweet and apparently the only teams with a worse outlook are 28) Colts 29) Fins 30) Rams 31) Jaguars 32) Browns.

it's actually too absurd to even get angry about.

I agree. I think the defense gets you eight wins by itself. The question is, can the offense steal us three games when the defense isn't dominant?

Sure it can. We've watched it happen 2 of the last 3 years. I'm not sure why fans are trivializing this. The team isn't going to be much different than what we've seen the other years with Rex, as long as he doesn't lose the team again this year. Which is exactly what it means when the coach is battening down the hatches this off-season and saying "he was out of touch with the problems" last year. Clean up that mess, and we are a 9-11 win team with a great defense and an offense that can go from good to awful and back in successive possessions.

clearly an attempt at riling up a very vocal fanbase.. hate is better than no response at all yada yada.

just saw his little tweet and apparently the only teams with a worse outlook are 28) Colts 29) Fins 30) Rams 31) Jaguars 32) Browns.

it's actually too absurd to even get angry about.

I think the Browns will be better than the Vikings. Vikings should be bottom 5, they automatically start the season 0-6 playing the Lions, Packers, Bears for their divisional games.

I won't believe Bills are better than us, until I see it.

Basically these are the teams I fully expect us to finish ahead of: St. Louis, Arizona, Seattle, Oakland, San Diego, Kansas City, Washington, Dallas, Buffalo, Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, Tennessee, Indy, Jax, Minnesota, Cleveland, Cincy.

We should be on par with teams like Pittsburgh, Denver, Giants, Bears, Carolina... I think we will be able to beat anyone, if we show up. I just think there will be games, as per the norm, that the Jets don't show up for. We'll be a wildcard contender. Pats will take the division unless Brady, Gronk, Lloyd, Welker and Hernandez all get spontaneously combust.

I think that Baltimore is primed for a letdown season. No T-Suggs hurts, Ray and Ed are both another year older and slower, so I'm having a hard time seeing that defense be what it's always been in the past, and their offense is like ours. Flaky.

I think the Browns will be better than the Vikings. Vikings should be bottom 5, they automatically start the season 0-6 playing the Lions, Packers, Bears for their divisional games.

I won't believe Bills are better than us, until I see it.

Basically these are the teams I fully expect us to finish ahead of: St. Louis, Arizona, Seattle, Oakland, San Diego, Kansas City, Washington, Dallas, Buffalo, Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, Tennessee, Indy, Jax, Minnesota, Cleveland, Cincy.

We should be on par with teams like Pittsburgh, Denver, Giants, Bears, Carolina... I think we will be able to beat anyone, if we show up. I just think there will be games, as per the norm, that the Jets don't show up for. We'll be a wildcard contender. Pats will take the division unless Brady, Gronk, Lloyd, Welker and Hernandez all get spontaneously combust.

Perhaps I'm a bit too optimistic but I really am buying into the idea of the offense improving significantly under Sparano. People forget that he did in fact alter his philosophy early in the year as evidenced by that Henne V Brady shootout. He knew it was time to open it up and that seemed to be their plan before Henne got hurt. While I definitely see us as a run 1st team, I won't be shocked if there are some 300yd, 3 td games in Sanchez' future.

If the Jets and Bills split with NE, and they have a couple slip ups along the way, I see no reason why we can't take the division. Defense has the potential to be downright dominant.

Perhaps I'm a bit too optimistic but I really am buying into the idea of the offense improving significantly under Sparano. People forget that he did in fact alter his philosophy early in the year as evidenced by that Henne V Brady shootout. He knew it was time to open it up and that seemed to be their plan before Henne got hurt. While I definitely see us as a run 1st team, I won't be shocked if there are some 300yd, 3 td games in Sanchez' future.

If the Jets and Bills split with NE, and they have a couple slip ups along the way, I see no reason why we can't take the division. Defense has the potential to be downright dominant.

I see your points, don't get me wrong... especially about the horrible assumptions the stupid side of the fanbase has made about the offense because we hired Sparano.

New England will be susceptible, every team is, but their offense is STACKED. Lost BGJE and the running game improves with Ridley stepping in. Lloyd, Welker, the other WRs they brought in, both TEs... there will, as usual, always be someone wide open as they are above average at every skill position on offense, in particular QB.

I see your points, don't get me wrong... especially about the horrible assumptions the stupid side of the fanbase has made about the offense because we hired Sparano.

New England will be susceptible, every team is, but their offense is STACKED. Lost BGJE and the running game improves with Ridley stepping in. Lloyd, Welker, the other WRs they brought in, both TEs... there will, as usual, always be someone wide open as they are above average at every skill position on offense, in particular QB.

True but don't forget the loss of Matt Light.. Last year Mangold being hurt and Wayne Hunter going Wayne Hunter showed us the ripple effect 1 lineman playing poorly (or not playing in Nicks case) can have.

I like our D-line and I'm sure Bradys not going to be happy about seeing Super Mario twice a year.

I'm not exactly high on the team as currently constructed, but 27 is badgersh*t crazy and PFT is one of the two or three worst websites on the planet.

I'm assuming Silva's formula looked something like this:

Sanchez+Greene+Sparano+Tebow+Hunter=pukepukepuke

(defense/pukepukepuke) < Greg Schiano

This team is going to be better than alot of people think. They were 8-8 last year, not 2-14. This years offense CANNOT be as bad and disjointed as it was last year. It will not be great but it willl be much more efficient. I don't believe all the sky-is-falling predictions. As for the defense, it will be much better than last year. They have added some much needed speed with Coples and Davis. Thomas is back and they really did miss him last year setting the edge. Scott is getting a little old but had lost 15-20 lbs and has something to prove. Even the safety position has been upgraded(couldn't be any worse). I think this defense has a chance to be as good as they were in Rex's first year when they were first in NFL. Overall I expect a better year than last year on both sides of the ball and on special teams. #27 is simply laughable.

Great post.

I think this defense has a chance to be the best we have seen here in a LONG time. The changes to the DLine (Dunbar) will bring a whole new philosophy. The offense will tell how far this team can go. But the defense will keep them from being one of the worst teams in the NFL. And that is where the bar was set by this guy\clown.

This team is 28-20 in the regular season over the past 3 years.

Describe how we got worse since last year because I don't see how... we lost no one of much importance... maybe Leonhard? Meh. Meanwhile we added some nice pieces... 2 solid FA safeties, Tebow and more draft picks than we have had in years. Our secondary is, if not the best in the league, at least top 3. Our D-line is younger than ever and our O-line is easily top 10 when healthy, which they were not last year but looks like they will be this year.

I mean, let's think about this now... really a little critical thinking wouldn't hurt. We have not been a bottom 5 team once in this regime, which is what #27 is.... we have not even been bottom 10. So what precisely changed between last year and this that makes us THAT much worse???? The Bills getting Mario Williams?? LOL.

True but don't forget the loss of Matt Light.. Last year Mangold being hurt and Wayne Hunter going Wayne Hunter showed us the ripple effect 1 lineman playing poorly (or not playing in Nicks case) can have.

I like our D-line and I'm sure Bradys not going to be happy about seeing Super Mario twice a year.

Good point. I do believe the offensive line turnover for the Pats is the chink in the armor if you will, at least on offense. Defense is obviously the teams weakest point overall.

How about Nate Solder? Vollmer has played LT.

NE has always had depth at OL. They were using their 3rd string Center last season and didnt skip a beat.

Sanchez probably cried when he heard the Bills got him.

How about Nate Solder? Vollmer has played LT.

Personally looking forward to seeing Solder V Williams, he will need all the "Ref help" he can, Perhaps Ed Hockerly's "cruw" wil be on hand for those games?

NE has always had depth at OL. They were using their 3rd string Center last season and didnt skip a beat.

Chicken Sh*t holds the ball for 0.6 Second, because of his Supa Short pass offence.

Playing with a lead is a great advantage, love to See Tommy Boy playing catch up with a 3rd String center.

Sanchez probably cried when he heard the Bills got him.

Why, he will be handing the ball off all afternoon...

27TH?? This guy is nuts. This D line has the potential to be tremendous with big play capability on every snap. The rotation of fresh bodies should wear down opponents like the NYG did to other teams last year. The offense on the other hand.............

Personally looking forward to seeing Solder V Williams, he will need all the "Ref help" he can, Perhaps Ed Hockerly's "cruw" wil be on hand for those games?

The bottom line is that NE has OL depth. Always has under Belichick and always will.

Chicken Sh*t holds the ball for 0.6 Second, because of his Supa Short pass offence.

Playing with a lead is a great advantage, love to See Tommy Boy playing catch up with a 3rd String center.

Kinda makes you wonder why any team would want to ground and pound when the NFL is a passing league.

Special.

Archived