SenorGato

2016 WS Champions/Cubs Thread

1 hour ago, NJ said:

I was there dude - Joe never should have taken him out. 

The momentum turned 180 and was at fever pitch when he pulled him .. and we saw the rest of the story 

Yeah I didn't get it either and neither did Lester it seemed. Also Edwards Jr. telegraphed a bad night coming almost immediately all year, did it again, and yeah all that stuff happened. :shrugs:

Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
Registered members do not see this ad. Click here to create your free account today.
1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yeah so watching Harper come up consistently short in coulda been heroic situations was deeeeeeeeeeelicious. 

His stat line was damn near identical to Murphy's who seems to have retired from his role as Cub Killer. 

Congrats to Cubbie fans (well, at least most of them that act like humans). 

Consistent failures by the National organization that just seems to choke consistently. I am sure the Nats thought that they had it with Scherzer coming in relief, and he just flat out spit the bit.

Dodger series will be interesting. Good luck!

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Consistent failures by the National organization that just seems to choke consistently. I am sure the Nats thought that they had it with Scherzer coming in relief, and he just flat out spit the bit.

Dodger series will be interesting. Good luck!

Thanks Dierk. It's going to be a real interesting to see what rabbits Maddon can pull out of hats and create a bull pen in LA. 

And that's after he gets some starters rested and ready. 

After this last show in Washington I'll believe anything.  

On 10/13/2017 at 8:34 AM, Scott Dierking said:

Scccccoooooottttaaaaaaaaay...Where you been all year, you human you? Probably busy super busy being human but your hundreds of steaming hot takes/bits were missed! 

36 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I hate the start time and this Chris Taylor guy seems to believe in himself for the Doyers. 

I hope we start hitting/scoring enough to make our absence of a bull pen an issue. 

I suppose I shouldn't concede the series, but there's worse things than losing to a team that was legitimately better all year. At least it's not 2015 where they ran into an inferior team that happened to be hot at the right time.

The beauty of having a Bryant and Rizzo is that the Cubs are here to stay. The team basically slept their way to the NLCS this year and haven't gotten the BABIP inflated seasons recent nominally stronger offenses (2016 Red Sox for instance) have gotten. Bryant somehow got better this year, guys just on a different level from non-Trouts. 

Otani, Britton, and a starting OF, please!! Just keep piling on this roster, goddamn beautiful thing.