2016 WS Champions/Cubs Thread

SenorGato

1 minute ago, Larz said:

the flip side to that coin is russell could have ended the 8th.....

Fair, but ultimately it's about what actually transpired.  

As i said earlier today, all I wanted was an awesome game that goes 18 innings. At this point, even just getting to extras in the way that we got here is a win. 

Just an awesome game and awesome series all around. Regardless of what happens, this series is the gift that keeps on giving.

Cant wait to see the rest. 

8 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Not sure that this will get much play in the media...but that play by Lindor with 2 outs and runner on third in top of the 9th after the Indians tied it up....i mean, god damn.

If Indians pull this out, he gets a bulk of the credit in my eyes. That play is nowhere near easy, especially with the speed running down the line to 1st. Lindor was quick as a squirrel!

That guy might legit become the best player in baseball within a few years. What a gamer. For a kid that young and that talented to be playing this clutch on such a stage, just unreal. 22 years old and he hasn't flinched every time he's been in a pressure spot, and he's been in a LOT.

14 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not really. I mean I think the game just got too big for Maddon or Baez, whomever made that call. A fly ball drives the run in. Between going to Lester too early and Chapman too, he's just over analyzing everything. 

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

A 3-2 squeeze play. Just preposterous. Plus the guy hit a home run tonight already.

Good to know I'm not the only one... the way Smoltz was all like " oh yeah I knew that was going to be the play" I thought I was missing something. 

Just now, Jetlife33 said:

the way Smoltz was all like " oh yeah I knew that was going to be the play" I thought I was missing something. 

Yeah, he's been bad all series like that. That bunt attempt was horrendous. Only explanation is that Baez is a big swing and miss guy no matter what and has laid down good bunts. 

• Upvote 1