Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Training Camp: Friday August 3

46 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Offense in the black jerseys for the first time all camp.

Demario Davis in pads for the first time.

Holmes, Schilens and Kerley off to the side in the rehab group.

The other receiver, Stephen Hill, had this said about him just now by Cimini...@RichCimini

Rookie WR Stephen Hill has disappeared after a fast start to camp.

They're doing some one on one work with the receivers. Updates as they come.

Registered members don't see this ad. Register today, it is free! If you already have an account you can log in here.

Posted · Report post

@BrianCoz

Jets offense looks awful today. #nyj

Posted · Report post

No wr's - may as well run the wing-t with Tebow.

Posted · Report post

Lol

Posted · Report post

Haha. Nice.

Posted (edited) · Report post

@RichCimini

Vintage Bart Scott, launching verbal assault from sideline, directed at 3rd team offense. Killing Greg McElroy. #Jets

I'd love to hear what he's saying. Bart Scott is such a character.

Edited by Ranick10

Posted · Report post

@MMehtaNYDN

Mark Sanchez finishes 5 for 11 with 1 TD. Sacked twice by Wilkerson. Tebow was 3 for 6 with a rush

Practice over. I think Rex might be right about Wilkerson. Hopefully he can have a big year.

Posted · Report post

@MMehtaNYDN

Mark Sanchez finishes 5 for 11 with 1 TD. Sacked twice by Wilkerson. Tebow was 3 for 6 with a rush

I really hope I am wrong, but it looks like we won't be seeing an improved Sanchez. from the daily camp reports. Looks like the same as years past.

Posted · Report post

@MMehtaNYDN

Practice over. I think Rex might be right about Wilkerson. Hopefully he can have a big year.

He compared him to Richard Seymour. 2 years in a row they took my favorite pick for us in the draft.

///crosses fingers!!!

Posted · Report post

I really hope I am wrong, but it looks like we won't be seeing an improved Sanchez. from the daily camp reports. Looks like the same as years past.

Its practice, 3 of his primary targets are sidelined, he faces one of the leagues best defense's daily - I think making any determination of Mark Sanchez based on a week in a half of practice is pretty silly.

Posted · Report post

I don't know how true that is. Sanchez hasn't been that awful in camp. And he's throwing to nobody receivers because all of the 1-4 are all hurt besides Hill who is a work in progress.

Posted · Report post

@MMehtaNYDN

Who did Wilkerson beat? It makes a fairly big difference in how happy this should make us.

Posted · Report post

This is ridiculous. Its a week into camp, none of their main receivers are playing, it's a new offense, and they're playing a defense that will probably be top 3.

I like reading the stats but they mean nothing right now.

Posted · Report post

Who did Wilkerson beat? It makes a fairly big difference in how happy this should make us.

Buzzkiller.

Posted · Report post

Not sure. But that's a good point.

Posted · Report post

Exactly what I was thinking. who is he dominating. brick or wayne?

Posted · Report post

Its practice, 3 of his primary targets are sidelined, he faces one of the leagues best defense's daily - I think making any determination of Mark Sanchez based on a week in a half of practice is pretty silly.

Agreed. Would I love to hear that Sanchez is lighting it up on a daily basis? yeah sure, but it's not realistic. I am looking forward to the preseason games though.

Posted · Report post

This is ridiculous. Its a week into camp, none of their main receivers are playing, it's a new offense, and they're playing a defense that will probably be top 3.

I like reading the stats but they mean nothing right now.

Yeah, but I have been hearing these excuses going on 4 years now. first it was he was a rookie and had no one to throw to, then it was he is still young and practicing against great defense. Last year it was new recievers and practicing against great defense. this year: none of their main receivers are playing, it's a new offense, and they're playing a defense that will probably be top 3.

His stats haven't been great in 7 on 7's either and that is bad.

Again I hope I am wrong (and tebow is not the answer), but I am seeing the same camp reports on him as in the past

Posted · Report post

People are getting too worked up over practice stats. The guy is throwing to receivers who won't be on the team in a few weeks, and those receivers are going up against the best CB in Revis, a pretty good one in Cro, and a pretty good one in Wilson. If our defense was horrible, like the 32nd ranked defense, and he was struggling, then I would be worried. But it's one of the best, so I'm not too worried. It's not like he's throwing INT's all over the place either.

Posted · Report post

1. It's a deal because watching Sanchez suck every day in practice isn't helping him in the locker room. I doubt Holmes is sitting on the sideline saying, "Well, in Mark's defense, playing QB is really, really hard."

2. What's a "week in a half"? Is that a measure of time compressed, like "hour in a minute"?

Posted · Report post

Yeah, but I have been hearing these excuses going on 4 years now. first it was he was a rookie and had no one to throw to, then it was he is still young and practicing against great defense. Last year it was new recievers and practicing against great defense. this year: none of their main receivers are playing, it's a new offense, and they're playing a defense that will probably be top 3.

His stats haven't been great in 7 on 7's either and that is bad.

Again I hope I am wrong (and tebow is not the answer), but I am seeing the same camp reports on him as in the past

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the "playing against a great defense" excuse although it is true but the other reasons are definitely valid this year. This is a completely new offense and he's throwing to nobody so take the stats for what they're worth.

Posted · Report post

1. It's a deal because watching Sanchez suck every day in practice isn't helping him in the locker room. I doubt Holmes is sitting on the sideline saying, "Well, in Mark's defense, playing QB is really, really hard."

2. What's a "week in a half"? Is that a measure of time compressed, like "hour in a minute"?

Holmes can't really be saying anything since he's on the sideline. If Mark was over/under throwing him everyday in practice that would be a different story.

Posted · Report post

People are getting too worked up over practice stats. The guy is throwing to receivers who won't be on the team in a few weeks, and those receivers are going up against the best CB in Revis, a pretty good one in Cro, and a pretty good one in Wilson. If our defense was horrible, like the 32nd ranked defense, and he was struggling, then I would be worried. But it's one of the best, so I'm not too worried. It's not like he's throwing INT's all over the place either.

What receivers are going to be on the team?

Posted · Report post

Not sure. But that's a good point.

I really don't think it matters honestly. When I went to camp last year Wilkerson was getting sealed off and stood up constantly. He was playing against Brick and he was a rookie but he didnt really show he could get to the quarterback. I'm happy Wilkerson is looking like he's becoming a pass rushing threat. With him on one side and Coples on the other who Wilkerson said is a better player then him, I think well be getting to the quarterback with a little more consistency.

Posted · Report post

I really don't think it matters honestly. When I went to camp last year Wilkerson was getting sealed off and stood up constantly. He was playing against Brick and he was a rookie but he didnt really show he could get to the quarterback. I'm happy Wilkerson is looking like he's becoming a pass rushing threat. With him on one side and Coples on the other who Wilkerson said is a better player then him, I think well be getting to the quarterback with a little more consistency.

Coples hasn't done squat in camp.