45 replies to this topic

#1 Ranick10

Ranick10

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:43 AM

Offense in the black jerseys for the first time all camp.

Demario Davis in pads for the first time.

Holmes, Schilens and Kerley off to the side in the rehab group.

The other receiver, Stephen Hill, had this said about him just now by Cimini...@RichCimini
Rookie WR Stephen Hill has disappeared after a fast start to camp.

They're doing some one on one work with the receivers. Updates as they come.

#2 Ranick10

Ranick10

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

@BrianCoz

Jets offense looks awful today. #nyj

#3 LionelRichie

LionelRichie

Veteran

• Members
  • 4,521 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:10 AM

No wr's - may as well run the wing-t with Tebow.

#4 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 57,538 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

Lol

#5 Ranick10

Ranick10

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:12 AM

Haha. Nice.

#6 Ranick10

Ranick10

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

@RichCimini
Vintage Bart Scott, launching verbal assault from sideline, directed at 3rd team offense. Killing Greg McElroy. #Jets

I'd love to hear what he's saying. Bart Scott is such a character.

Edited by Ranick10, 03 August 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#7 Ranick10

Ranick10

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:29 AM

@MMehtaNYDN

Mark Sanchez finishes 5 for 11 with 1 TD. Sacked twice by Wilkerson. Tebow was 3 for 6 with a rush

Practice over. I think Rex might be right about Wilkerson. Hopefully he can have a big year.

#8 Beaver

Beaver

Blue Falcon

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationThe South

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

@MMehtaNYDN
Mark Sanchez finishes 5 for 11 with 1 TD. Sacked twice by Wilkerson. Tebow was 3 for 6 with a rush

I really hope I am wrong, but it looks like we won't be seeing an improved Sanchez. from the daily camp reports. Looks like the same as years past.
RLTW

#9 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,394 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

@MMehtaNYDN

Practice over. I think Rex might be right about Wilkerson. Hopefully he can have a big year.

He compared him to Richard Seymour. 2 years in a row they took my favorite pick for us in the draft.

///crosses fingers!!!
Posted Image

#10 JiF

JiF

President of the Rex Ryan Fan Club

• Members
  • 36,394 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Heaven and Hell

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:43 AM

I really hope I am wrong, but it looks like we won't be seeing an improved Sanchez. from the daily camp reports. Looks like the same as years past.

Its practice, 3 of his primary targets are sidelined, he faces one of the leagues best defense's daily - I think making any determination of Mark Sanchez based on a week in a half of practice is pretty silly.
Posted Image

#11 Ranick10

Ranick10

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:47 AM

I don't know how true that is. Sanchez hasn't been that awful in camp. And he's throwing to nobody receivers because all of the 1-4 are all hurt besides Hill who is a work in progress.

#12 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 26,954 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:51 AM

@MMehtaNYDN

Who did Wilkerson beat? It makes a fairly big difference in how happy this should make us.

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#13 sh4dy15

sh4dy15

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:52 AM

This is ridiculous. Its a week into camp, none of their main receivers are playing, it's a new offense, and they're playing a defense that will probably be top 3.

I like reading the stats but they mean nothing right now.

#14 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,748 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:00 AM

Who did Wilkerson beat? It makes a fairly big difference in how happy this should make us.

Buzzkiller.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#15 Ranick10

Ranick10

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:01 AM

Not sure. But that's a good point.

#16 whodeawhodat

whodeawhodat

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationI was up above it, now I'm down in it.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. who is he dominating. brick or wayne?

#17 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

I may or may not like things

• Members
  • 3,150 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:03 AM

Its practice, 3 of his primary targets are sidelined, he faces one of the leagues best defense's daily - I think making any determination of Mark Sanchez based on a week in a half of practice is pretty silly.

Agreed. Would I love to hear that Sanchez is lighting it up on a daily basis? yeah sure, but it's not realistic. I am looking forward to the preseason games though.
Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

/Users/christopherteaney/Downloads/dark-elf-shaiya.jpg

#18 Beaver

Beaver

Blue Falcon

• Members
  • 293 posts
  • LocationThe South

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:04 AM

This is ridiculous. Its a week into camp, none of their main receivers are playing, it's a new offense, and they're playing a defense that will probably be top 3.

I like reading the stats but they mean nothing right now.

Yeah, but I have been hearing these excuses going on 4 years now. first it was he was a rookie and had no one to throw to, then it was he is still young and practicing against great defense. Last year it was new recievers and practicing against great defense. this year: none of their main receivers are playing, it's a new offense, and they're playing a defense that will probably be top 3.

His stats haven't been great in 7 on 7's either and that is bad.

Again I hope I am wrong (and tebow is not the answer), but I am seeing the same camp reports on him as in the past
RLTW

#19 KSJets

KSJets

The Hammer

• Members
  • 4,165 posts
  • LocationPlainsboro, NJ

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

People are getting too worked up over practice stats. The guy is throwing to receivers who won't be on the team in a few weeks, and those receivers are going up against the best CB in Revis, a pretty good one in Cro, and a pretty good one in Wilson. If our defense was horrible, like the 32nd ranked defense, and he was struggling, then I would be worried. But it's one of the best, so I'm not too worried. It's not like he's throwing INT's all over the place either.
"This "breaking news" was addressed a few weeks ago. The Pats suck and all of their accomplishments are bogus as they cheated." - Gainzo

#20 T0mShane

T0mShane

From devil to Bevell, '15

• Members
  • 25,748 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

1. It's a deal because watching Sanchez suck every day in practice isn't helping him in the locker room. I doubt Holmes is sitting on the sideline saying, "Well, in Mark's defense, playing QB is really, really hard."

2. What's a "week in a half"? Is that a measure of time compressed, like "hour in a minute"?
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#21 sh4dy15

sh4dy15

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, but I have been hearing these excuses going on 4 years now. first it was he was a rookie and had no one to throw to, then it was he is still young and practicing against great defense. Last year it was new recievers and practicing against great defense. this year: none of their main receivers are playing, it's a new offense, and they're playing a defense that will probably be top 3.

His stats haven't been great in 7 on 7's either and that is bad.

Again I hope I am wrong (and tebow is not the answer), but I am seeing the same camp reports on him as in the past

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the "playing against a great defense" excuse although it is true but the other reasons are definitely valid this year. This is a completely new offense and he's throwing to nobody so take the stats for what they're worth.

#22 sh4dy15

sh4dy15

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

1. It's a deal because watching Sanchez suck every day in practice isn't helping him in the locker room. I doubt Holmes is sitting on the sideline saying, "Well, in Mark's defense, playing QB is really, really hard."

2. What's a "week in a half"? Is that a measure of time compressed, like "hour in a minute"?

Holmes can't really be saying anything since he's on the sideline. If Mark was over/under throwing him everyday in practice that would be a different story.

#23 Matt39

Matt39

BAP

• Members
  • 20,969 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:26 AM

People are getting too worked up over practice stats. The guy is throwing to receivers who won't be on the team in a few weeks, and those receivers are going up against the best CB in Revis, a pretty good one in Cro, and a pretty good one in Wilson. If our defense was horrible, like the 32nd ranked defense, and he was struggling, then I would be worried. But it's one of the best, so I'm not too worried. It's not like he's throwing INT's all over the place either.

What receivers are going to be on the team?

#24 RyanBe_Tebowing

RyanBe_Tebowing

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

Not sure. But that's a good point.

I really don't think it matters honestly. When I went to camp last year Wilkerson was getting sealed off and stood up constantly. He was playing against Brick and he was a rookie but he didnt really show he could get to the quarterback. I'm happy Wilkerson is looking like he's becoming a pass rushing threat. With him on one side and Coples on the other who Wilkerson said is a better player then him, I think well be getting to the quarterback with a little more consistency.
Posted Image

#25 Ranick10

Ranick10

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

I really don't think it matters honestly. When I went to camp last year Wilkerson was getting sealed off and stood up constantly. He was playing against Brick and he was a rookie but he didnt really show he could get to the quarterback. I'm happy Wilkerson is looking like he's becoming a pass rushing threat. With him on one side and Coples on the other who Wilkerson said is a better player then him, I think well be getting to the quarterback with a little more consistency.

Coples hasn't done squat in camp.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users