Training Camp: Friday August 3

Ranick10

Can we please wait until....al least.the third pre-season game to start evaulating the offense? We cannot be like the NY media and critize everything day by day.....hour by hour and minute by minute! Oh my the sky is falling.......Chicken Little

1. It's a deal because watching Sanchez suck every day in practice isn't helping him in the locker room. I doubt Holmes is sitting on the sideline saying, "Well, in Mark's defense, playing QB is really, really hard."

2. What's a "week in a half"? Is that a measure of time compressed, like "hour in a minute"?

1. He hasnt sucked every day in practice.

2. GFY

CORTLAND – Rex Ryan is hoping the Buffalo Bills coaches are up at night thinking about what the Jets might do with Tim Tebow when the teams open the season Sept. 9.

"The great thing is whether the Buffalo Bills [are thinking] we're going to use him 20 snaps. We're going to use him two snaps, 50 snaps, they don't know," Ryan said. "All I know is they have to prepare for him. I know what does that to your preparation time. When you start running the Wildcat and what that does you can't just slough it off, 'oh, it's no big deal.' Yes, it is. You really can't tell that lie because I've been there in your shoes. I know the preparation time it takes. If you don't prepare, then [offensive coordinator Tony Sparano is] probably going to run it 50 times on you. That's just the way it is."

Ryan reiterated the Jets do not have a two-quarterback system in his mind.

"We have as clear cut a starting quarterback as those other teams," Ryan said. "Mark Sanchez is our starting quarterback. But we have an athlete and a special talent in Tim Tebow that allows us to do different things that maybe other teams don't have. So, we're going to play Tim Tebow because it helps us. It's going to help our football team wins games. That's how I feel about it."

Read more: http://www.nypost.co...K#ixzz22W2ZCJjK

"We have as clear cut a starting quarterback as those other teams," Ryan said. "Mark Sanchez is our starting quarterback. But we have an athlete and a special talent in Tim Tebow that allows us to do different things that maybe other teams don't have. So, we're going to play Tim Tebow because it helps us. It's going to help our football team wins games. That's how I feel about it."

So take a sucka dat!!!

Since it's all about fun at this point anyway, I hope Rex starts Tebow in week 1 for no apparent reason, lets him play the whole game... get the media going.. then start Sanchez week 2, no explanations just do it. Alternate QB's from there on in as you see fit. It would be pretty funny.

Or, week 1...you let Sanchez run the first possession. After that, it's all Tebow. When asked, Rex blinks and says, "We didn't lie - we told you Mark was our starter."

Yeah, but I have been hearing these excuses going on 4 years now. first it was he was a rookie and had no one to throw to, then it was he is still young and practicing against great defense. Last year it was new recievers and practicing against great defense. this year: none of their main receivers are playing, it's a new offense, and they're playing a defense that will probably be top 3.

His stats haven't been great in 7 on 7's either and that is bad.

Again I hope I am wrong (and tebow is not the answer), but I am seeing the same camp reports on him as in the past

Did Rex hire you and your crystal ball to evaluate the Jet's 2012 QB talent? IF SO :sign0182:

=====================

I just wonder why this same (give him a break) logic is never applied to Tebow?

Ranick10 -- "And he's throwing to nobody receivers because all of the 1-4

are all hurt besides Hill who is a work in progress."

Denver traded away Pro Bowl WR Lloyd, and #2 WR Gaffney, with the #1 receiving RB injured out.

Then they start Tebow cold off the bench in game 6 in his 2nd offense in 2 years split by a LOCKOUT off season.

Then they only let him throw it 8 times in one of their games.

Tim has to teach OC McCoy about a dozen read/option plays to finally make

their idiot run and trade/injury crippled offense go at all.

Then they go from being #24 in the NFL in rushing to #1 in the NFL.

They go from 1-4 with 8th year Vet Orton, to 8-5 with cold off the bench Tebow.

Conclusion: Tebow will never be a winning NFL QB.

~ Opps, he already is,,, including a playoff win for a team that was 4-14 without him and hadn't made the playoffs since 2005.

Ranick10, why are those are legitimate reasons if we're talking MS, but the rest is just weak excuses if it's TT.

Me, I'm willing to give them both a break and see how it all unfolds after the lights come on.

Archived