Green and White Scrimmage

Ranick10

Tomorrow, Saturday August 4th, from 6-9.

Taking place in the stadium this year because they expect Tebow to bring in a much larger crowd.

Landry will be a go.

Let's keep all news related to it in here so we don't have a bunch of different threads about the same topic.

Who are we supposed to root for haha?

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indoors?

Sorry sorry. Not indoors. In the stadium.

The 2009 and 2010 intrasquad scrimmmages at SUNY Cortland were held on a grass field, but the Jets are moving Saturday night's Green and White scrimmage to the school's 6,500-seat stadium to accommodate a larger-than-usual crowd. Tebow-Mania, baby.

But the stadium field is synthetic turf -- the name brand is A-Turf -- and some coaches get queasy about playing on turf because they believe there's a greater injury risk. Rex Ryan said he's not concerned.

Ah, cool. I'm thinking about heading up, so I'm glad they're using the stadium. It's hard to see anything when they're on the grass when the crowd is five deep.

Would be cool to see. If you do go up, enjoy it man. Should be a lot of fun. Just don't heckle Tebow too badly.

But the stadium field is synthetic turf -- the name brand is A-Turf -- and some coaches get queasy about playing on turf because they believe there's a greater injury risk.

Murphys(Jets) Law..... I can see it now Sanchez will blow out his knee, it ill be blamed on the fact we played on turf to appease the Tebow Zealotry. Tebow ascends like a certain somebody, all hell breaks loose and Bristol Connecticut is painted white as ESPN employees blow their collective load

I've been told I'm a glass is half empty kinda guy

Murphys(Jets) Law..... I can see it now Sanchez will blow out his knee, it ill be blamed on the fact we played on turf to appease the Tebow Zealotry. Tebow ascends like a certain somebody, all hell breaks loose and Bristol Connecticut is painted white as ESPN employees blow their collective load

This is exactly what is going to happen.

There are only three players that the Jets can't live without--Mangold, Revis, and Brick. I honestly don't think it cripples them if anyone outside of those three goes down. The defense thrives because largely because of scheme, and the offense is populated by meh talent anyway.

Ah, cool. I'm thinking about heading up, so I'm glad they're using the stadium. It's hard to see anything when they're on the grass when the crowd is five deep.

Tom -- let me know if you go. We could use a nice writeup on it. Your positive and upbeat style is just what we need. :)

Tom -- let me know if you go. We could use a nice writeup on it. Your positive and upbeat style is just what we need. :)

"So then I was like, 'so is Storm your real last name? And she giggled and said, 'yeah.' It was right then that I knew we'd be making sweet, hard, dirty, sexy love all night long."

If there was a way that isn't career ending that would take the ball out of marks hand, I would do it.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/13925/jets-scrimmage-what-to-watch-for?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Jets scrimmage: What to watch for

By: Rich Cimini

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- A few storylines that deserve attention in Saturday night's annual Green and White scrimmage at SUNY Cortland:

1. Tebow Time. Naturally, Tim Tebow will be the focal point for reasons that transcend football, but let's stick to X's and O's. I doubt they will use him in any Wildcat plays, but I'll be curious to see how he reads the field and how quickly he can deliver the ball. That has been an issue in camp, prompting the coaches to use buzzers to speed up the process for all the quarterbacks, but especially Tebow.

2. Rookie show. DE Quinton Coples (No. 1 pick) is having a quiet camp, so you'd like to see him flash some of the ability that prompted the Jets to draft him 16th overall. WR Stephen Hill should get a chance to work with the first unit, so he'll see quality reps against CBs Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie. Mind you, this is a controlled scrimmage, not a game. It'll be No. 1 offense vs. No. 1 defense, etc.

3. Defensive scheme. The Jets have employed a lot of 4-3 in camp, more than ever under Rex Ryan. In that front, Coples plays outside with former No. 1 pick Muhammad Wilkerson. It'll be interesting to see how much 4-3 they use in a public setting, where the entire world, so to speak, can see how they've tweaked their scheme.

4. Backfield battle. Second-year RB Bilal Powell is making a strong push to overtake Joe McKnight as the No. 2 back, behind Shonn Greene. Powell and McKnight also are battling for the third-down job. Rookie RB Terrance Ganaway hasn't received a lot of reps in camp, so this will be a good chance to show his stuff.

5. New-look line. The Jets will be down two starters on the offensive line -- RG Brandon Moore (in Canton to attend Curtis Martin's Hall of Fame ceremony) and C Nick Mangold (traveling to London to see his sister in the Olympics). They probably will be replaced by Vladimir Ducasse and Caleb Schlauderaff, respectively. Without Mangold making the line calls, there could be some hiccups in Mark Sanchez's pass protection. Don't worry, the Jets aren't "live," meaning the quarterbacks will have red jerseys and can't be tackled. That could change if Ryan decides to go live with Tebow in a situational drill, as he did the other day in practice.

6. Safety dance. This will mark the debut (sort of) of S LaRon Landry, who has missed significant practice time because of an old Achilles' tendon injury. They're being cautious with Landry -- no need to push him this early in camp -- but he told the coaches he wanted to play in the scrimmage. Look for Yeremiah Bell and Eric Smith to start at safety, with Landry rotating in.

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Previewing Jets' team-wide scrimmage

By James Walker

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- The New York Jets will hold their first team-wide scrimmage of training camp Saturday night at 6 p.m. ET. The AFC East blog will be there to take in all the action.

Here are a few things we will be watching:

Which quarterback stands out? Starting quarterback Mark Sanchez and popular backup Tim Tebow will be leading separate teams. This will be a good chance to watch both Sanchez and Tebow go head-to-head.

Overall, I want to see a better performance from the offense. That side of the ball was whipped pretty bad by the defense on Friday.

There were few running lanes on the ground and both quarterbacks struggled. Granted, the Jets have a top-five defense. It will be very difficult to dominate New York’s defense in practice on a regular basis. But I want to see the offense, particularly the starters, step up to the challenge and put together some plays against New York’s tough defense.

Watching New York’s safeties will be interesting. The Jets will have two new starters this year in LaRon Landry and Yeremiah Bell.

Landry has been on a “pitch count” in training camp and practices about every second or third day due to a prior Achilles injury. But Jets head coach Rex Ryan says Landry will scrimmage tonight. Neither safety is great in pass coverage. This will be a chance to see how the Jets’ safeties work together and communicate in a game-like atmosphere.

Finally, which rookies will flash? The Jets are hoping for production from draft picks such as first-round pick and defensive end Quinton Coples and second-round pick and receiver Stephen Hill. This is the preview before next week’s preseason. This is a chance to get an early look at which first-year players have a chance to show up when the lights are on.

Tomorrow, Saturday August 4th, from 6-9.

Taking place in the stadium this year because they expect Tebow to bring in a much larger crowd.

Landry will be a go.

Let's keep all news related to it in here so we don't have a bunch of different threads about the same topic.

Who are we supposed to root for haha?

Is there any links available for the game tonight. Like a video or audio link? I remember two years ago listening in live on the scrimmage.

Archived