mafia fantasy football

StraightCash

no.. the leagues I'm in everyone pays up front and prize money is distributed accordingly.

In the JN league, 5 out of 12 pay and the ones who didn't have the unmitigated gall to bring up not cashing out.

I'm not mad about it.. I think it's funny.

Actually, it's the ones who, ya know, won that bring it up. Even still, I don't really care, I'm just busting balls. I agree that the money should have been paid up front, but when that didn't happen (and that was across the board, even those who did pay didn't do so up front), there was no reason for the winners to send in money. It's up to you whether you choose to believe me, but I can assure you had I not won anything, my check would have been in the mail at the end of the season. In the end, it's rather insignificant, but why would I pass on any opportunity to bust on you chumps?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, it's the ones who, ya know, won that bring it up. Even still, I don't really care, I'm just busting balls. I agree that the money should have been paid up front, but when that didn't happen (and that was across the board, even those who did pay didn't do so up front), there was no reason for the winners to send in money. It's up to you whether you choose to believe me, but I can assure you had I not won anything, my check would have been in the mail at the end of the season. In the end, it's rather insignificant, but why would I pass on any opportunity to bust on you chumps?

The one who is getting the last laugh is Doggin.. he pocketed about $80 - $100 as the treasurer and has disappeared for a year. The funny thing is I see him posting on JI a lot these days while avoiding this place for whatever reason haha..

I figure he'll eventually be back here at which point I will bust his chops for trying to "pocket" our money and running.

And I believe BG would have sent in the money.. 60/40 Ape would have...

ZERO% chance JiF would have no matter how things turned out.. but he would be the first one sending me dozens of PM's looking for "his" money had he won any.

This is why you don't do a money league with people on the interwebs.

it's not a pack of anonymous turds on yahoo.. it's guys we've spent countless mafia and forum hours with. in the case of JiF I met his dumb ass. In fact if I wind up getting to J-Ville in a couple months I might just take $20 from that schmuck for being a cheap, whiny, pig.

ZERO% chance JiF would have no matter how things turned out.. but he would be the first one sending me dozens of PM's looking for "his" money had he won any.

You are a giant piece of sh*t. How many times did I reach out to you and doggin about paypal'ing it to you. I don't welch sh*tbag.

The one who is getting the last laugh is Doggin.. he pocketed about $80 - $100 as the treasurer and has disappeared for a year. The funny thing is I see him posting on JI a lot these days while avoiding this place for whatever reason haha..

I figure he'll eventually be back here at which point I will bust his chops for trying to "pocket" our money and running.

Yup.

it's not a pack of anonymous turds on yahoo.. it's guys we've spent countless mafia and forum hours with. in the case of JiF I met his dumb ass. In fact if I wind up getting to J-Ville in a couple months I might just take $20 from that schmuck for being a cheap, whiny, pig.

Doesn't matter. Its not about whether you trust people or not, its that its difficult to organize. Nobody here is an inherently bad person. Except CTM.

20/80 against gaype paying.. which actually puts him in significantly better company then you. if you were the commish there'd be a 0% chance you'd have paid out. For $220 bucks you would've found a new message board to pollute

20/80 against gaype paying.. which actually puts him in significantly better company then you. if you were the commish there'd be a 0% chance you'd have paid out. For $220 bucks you would've found a new message board to pollute

lol, you and pac are literally the worst human beings ever

It's funny how the first week of fantasy football goes sometimes. The league I've won in I've got waiver claims put in out the ass, while the league I've lost in I'm hardly doing anything (with the lone exception of one claim I know I'll never get, but I had to try considering some dumb **** actually dropped Jason Witten). Truth be told though, the only reason I lost that game was because of that useless sh*thead DeAngelo Williams doing absolutely nothing. That's what I get for starting him over Stevan Ridley in my swing spot.

In my other league I have a very interesting conundrum I'm trying to figure out, and I'd be curious to hear some opinions on. Now granted, I'm not doing anything without getting a great offer in return, since I pretty much have the market cornered here. Forgetting my backups for a moment, I've got quite the group of potential starters at RB in MJD (who seems to be feeling fine), Jamaal Charles, Steven Jackson and Darren Sproles. So it would seem like a good opportunity to pull off a trade but then question becomes, of who. Sproles almost seems like the most logical choice, but I know I'd get the least in return for him while the guy manages to keep on scoring points (he was the highest scorer of them all last week), particularly in this league considering it gives points for return yardage (which accounted for an additional 4.7 pts for Sproles this week). So I'm curious, what do you guys think? Part of my hesitation is I very, very rarely actually trade in fantasy, because typically it's not even worth your time dealing with most of these people who always want to get the 10 times better end of the trade, but I figure in this instance I should probably be able to get a good offer in return for one of these guys.

It's funny how the first week of fantasy football goes sometimes. The league I've won in I've got waiver claims put in out the ass, while the league I've lost in I'm hardly doing anything (with the lone exception of one claim I know I'll never get, but I had to try considering some dumb **** actually dropped Jason Witten). Truth be told though, the only reason I lost that game was because of that useless sh*thead DeAngelo Williams doing absolutely nothing. That's what I get for starting him over Stevan Ridley in my swing spot.

In my other league I have a very interesting conundrum I'm trying to figure out, and I'd be curious to hear some opinions on. Now granted, I'm not doing anything without getting a great offer in return, since I pretty much have the market cornered here. Forgetting my backups for a moment, I've got quite the group of potential starters at RB in MJD (who seems to be feeling fine), Jamaal Charles, Steven Jackson and Darren Sproles. So it would seem like a good opportunity to pull off a trade but then question becomes, of who. Sproles almost seems like the most logical choice, but I know I'd get the least in return for him while the guy manages to keep on scoring points (he was the highest scorer of them all last week), particularly in this league considering it gives points for return yardage (which accounted for an additional 4.7 pts for Sproles this week). So I'm curious, what do you guys think? Part of my hesitation is I very, very rarely actually trade in fantasy, because typically it's not even worth your time dealing with most of these people who always want to get the 10 times better end of the trade, but I figure in this instance I should probably be able to get a good offer in return for one of these guys.

I'd look for whoever has Fred Jackson and make him an offer. My guess is whoever it is is short on RB's. I know this because I have Fred Jackson in my money league, and even though I also have Chris Johnson and Matt Forte, I'm poking around to see if anyone has a RB to give up, and Alfred Morris is my # 1 waiver claim (knew I should have drafted that f***er like I did in another, non-money league). I even offered someone RG3 for Jamaal Charles straight up just for the hell of it, since I also have Peyton Manning.

RB's are the most prized commodity right now because of lack of supply, so if you have 3 good ones, you can take advantage of it.

I'd look for whoever has Fred Jackson and make him an offer. My guess is whoever it is is short on RB's. I know this because I have Fred Jackson in my money league, and even though I also have Chris Johnson and Matt Forte, I'm poking around to see if anyone has a RB to give up, and Alfred Morris is my # 1 waiver claim (knew I should have drafted that f***er like I did in another, non-money league). I even offered someone RG3 for Jamaal Charles straight up just for the hell of it, since I also have Peyton Manning.

RB's are the most prized commodity right now because of lack of supply, so if you have 3 good ones, you can take advantage of it.

I did think about the Fred Jackson idea myself, it's definitely worth looking into. I'm curious, which one would you be most willing to move? I'm kind of going around in circles on that one to be honest.

I did think about the Fred Jackson idea myself, it's definitely worth looking into. I'm curious, which one would you be most willing to move? I'm kind of going around in circles on that one to be honest.

It's a tough call because none of the guys are coming off stellar weeks. In fact, NO RB's really had a huge week league-wide. Passing league, yadda yadda.

MJD is going to be more valuable later in the season when he's past his slow-start-after-holdout phase. Charles had a decent week but didn't set the world on fire like I'd hoped. Sproles got all his points in the receiving game as expected but as you say he has the least value.

I would say just pick one and make an offer, and see if he counters. Let him make the decision on which RB he wants most. After all, you hold the cards on this one.

It's a tough call because none of the guys are coming off stellar weeks. MJD is going to be more valuable later in the season when he's past his slow-start-after-holdout phase. Charles had a decent week but didn't set the world on fire like I'd hoped. Sproles got all his points in the receiving game as expected but as you say he has the least value.

I would say just pick one and make an offer, and see if he counters. Let him make the decision on which RB he wants most. After all, you hold the cards on this one.

Yeah, kind of my thoughts as well. Funny thing is doing a quick check over the roster I found that I'm one of only three teams in the entire league that has enough depth at RB to even be starting a RB in my swing spot (and yet, here I am thinking about how I have too many RBs), so there's plenty of teams out there who I'm sure I could draw interest from. Seeing who has Fred Jackson, I'm guessing that probably won't be the best way to go though (just because of who it is).

I won 2 of my 3 leagues this week. The one I lost in, I lost with the 2nd highest score of the week. Bad luck. I would have won had I not started Titus Young too. ****ing guy is a moron.

The same thing happened to a guy in one of my leagues. That game contained the two highest scorers by a pretty wide margin (I was the next highest, over 20 pts behind either) and one of the guys lost by 1.2 pts. that's got to suck, but hey, it's a long season and one game doesn't mean a whole lot in fantasy.

What makes it even funnier / sadder depending on your perspective, is that the winning team had Akers 63-yarder to thank for it.

I won 2 of my 3 leagues this week. The one I lost in, I lost with the 2nd highest score of the week. Bad luck. I would have won had I not started Titus Young too. ****ing guy is a moron.

I was very close to starting Titus as well, except that I have a friend who is a Rams fan (i.e. endangered species) who has been talking about how their corners are legit all offseason long. I went with Torrey Smith instead. As it turns out, Demaryius Thomas would have been the right play, and I lost 103-102. Tis fantasy for you.

Yeah, kind of my thoughts as well. Funny thing is doing a quick check over the roster I found that I'm one of only three teams in the entire league that has enough depth at RB to even be starting a RB in my swing spot (and yet, here I am thinking about how I have too many RBs), so there's plenty of teams out there who I'm sure I could draw interest from. Seeing who has Fred Jackson, I'm guessing that probably won't be the best way to go though (just because of who it is).

Yep. This year more than ever, the guy who has too many RB's is the guy who is in the best position to make a deal. That was my thought process when I went Chris Johnson round 1, Forte rd 2 and Jackson rd 4 with Jimmy Graham sandwiched in there. And even then, because of Jackson's injury, I'll be starting 3 WR's this week.

One more injury and I'm looking at either Mark Ingram, Taiwan Jones or some waiver pickup starting at RB until Jackson returns (who by then will probably have lost starting duties to Spiller outright anyways). Ouch.

You're such an idiot.. you blasted my draft when my whole philosophy is predicated on getting 3 good RB's in the first 5 rounds. Trent Richardson, Marshawn Lynch, Shonn Green, Deangelo, and David Wilson (who will start at some point when Bradshaw gets hurt) are my guys.

Watch what the F happens once Richardson gets his legs.

and yeah.. I'm 1-0 in my $175 league so suck it.

Jamaal Charles or Stephen Jackson.. both teams appear to suck again and will likely be bailing on the run to play catch up.

Jamaal Charles or Stephen Jackson.. both teams appear to suck again and will likely be bailing on the run to play catch up.

I do agree with that, but the question becomes of the two, which would I rather keep around? Jackson will probably be playing for the worse of the two teams, but also is likely to get the heavier workload, while Charles has a substantially higher potential to make the big play that could pay big dividends.

I do agree with that, but the question becomes of the two, which would I rather keep around? Jackson will probably be playing for the worse of the two teams, but also is likely to get the heavier workload, while Charles has a substantially higher potential to make the big play that could pay big dividends.

kind of a tossup between the 2. Shotty sucks something awful but his teams have traditionally had good ground games. Charles has quick strike ability but it might be hindered by an improved Cassell.

I'd go to the person with Fred Jackson and tell them you can part with either for their best WR. say you're going to them first because Fred went down but if they refuse you plan on contacting other WR heavy teams.

You're such an idiot.. you blasted my draft when my whole philosophy is predicated on getting 3 good RB's in the first 5 rounds. Trent Richardson, Marshawn Lynch, Shonn Green, Deangelo, and David Wilson (who will start at some point when Bradshaw gets hurt) are my guys.

Watch what the F happens once Richardson gets his legs.

and yeah.. I'm 1-0 in my $175 league so suck it.

I didn't blast the strategy I'm blasting who you took and where you took them. Richardson in the 1st is ridiculous, rookie RB's take way longer than others to "get their legs". Lynch is an injury and character concern who just got paid. Greene looks lousy and my guess is Powell is our starting back before the season is over. DeAngelo is in a crowded backfield on a team that looks like it won't be running anyways. Wilson, as you say, depends on an injury, because he's already in Coughlin's doghouse for his fumble.

You take criticism like a bitch.

The Rams just went toe to toe with the Lions, and its not like they're gonna throw anytime soon. Fisher will depend heavily on Jackson.

Charles is the better bet for the scenario you speak of. McCluster appears to be valuable for how their passing game is being focused.

I didn't blast the strategy I'm blasting who you took and where you took them. Richardson in the 1st is ridiculous, rookie RB's take way longer than others to "get their legs". Lynch is an injury and character concern who just got paid. Greene looks lousy and my guess is Powell is our starting back before the season is over. DeAngelo is in a crowded backfield on a team that looks like it won't be running anyways. Wilson, as you say, depends on an injury, because he's already in Coughlin's doghouse for his fumble.

You take criticism like a bitch.

Richardson was out all preseason, hence why he needs to "get his legs". Thought you knew that. All of the other bellcow RB's had either been drafted or kept by the time it got to me at the 12th pick. No way I'm waiting 22 more picks for it to get back to me without taking a starting RB.

lol to your statement about me taking "criticism" poorly. don't act like you constructively criticized my selections. you came in beating your sizzle chest about your FFB prowess and crapped over every one of my picks. If I recall correctly you wrote 3 paragraphs of character assassination followed by telling me my team "sucks bro".

as to your continued "criticism"

- Lynch single-handidly won my league for me last year and had close to 100 all purpose yards in week 1.

- Greene had 94 yards and a TD.. I'll take that kind of "lousy" all year from him.

- Deangelo was for depth and I got him in like the 9th round

- Wilson was a 13th round pick and could be a steal if/when Bradshaw gets hurt

I even strayed from my philosophy a tad to ensure I got quality WR's which was a concern for my team all last year. Fitz and Miles Austin fill that need nicely.

My starting lineup is:

Romo

Austin

Fitz

Lynch

Richardson

Greene (flex)

Fleener/Rudolph but leaning Fleener as primary

Folk

Seahawks D

what's yours?

Archived