mafia fantasy football

StraightCash

and Trent Richardson was anywhere btw the 8th and 15th RB taken off the board in most fantasy drafts.. Given I had the 12th pick, and others had kept RB's which I couldn't draft, I actually got him in a lower spot than he's gone in most drafts.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My starting lineup is:

Romo

Austin

Fitz

Lynch

Richardson

Greene (flex)

Fleener/Rudolph but leaning Fleener as primary

Folk

Seahawks D

what's yours?

QB: Peyton Manning (5th rd) / RG3 (9th) *

RB: Chris Johnson (1st)

RB: Matt Forte (2nd)

RB/WR: Demaryius Thomas (7th)

WR: Percy Harvin (6th)

WR: Torrey Smith (8th)

TE: Jimmy Graham (3rd)

D/ST: Jets (15th)

K: Steve Zeurlein (16th)

* I'll be playing the matchups at QB, since trading either is impossible right now. RG3 started Week 1, Peyton gets the nod Week 2.

Bench:

RB Fred Jackson (4th) ------ injured

RB Mark Ingram (10th)

WR Titus Young (11th)

RB Taiwan Jones (13th)

WR Randall Cobb (14th)

I dropped RB Rashad Jennings (12th) this week. I'll be picking up another RB, either Alfred Morris, Dexter McCluster or Jacquizz Rodgers, this week off waivers. Also considering Mike Goodson so I have BOTH Darren McFadden handcuffs for when he inevitably gets hurt.

In my one league, I have this guy who keeps sending me one trade request after another trying to get Ray Rice from me (which is never going to happen) and in return, his offer is Larry Fitz. Granted, there are a bunch of other players he's including from either team in each offer that are pretty inconsequential, but those are the two players of note in each offer. How ****ing stupid does this guy think I am?

Of course, this is also the same guy who drafted Fitz #10 overall in the first place, and after being mocked relentlessly for it, was sure to tell everyone why it was such a brilliant pick on his part.

Of course, this is also the same guy who drafted Fitz #10 overall in the first place, and after being mocked relentlessly for it, was sure to tell everyone why it was such a brilliant pick on his part.

He must have been listening to Pac when he made that pick. Apparently, it doesn't matter if your grandmother is throwing passes, Fitz is still a bonafide top 15 guy.

Richardson in the 1st is ridiculous, rookie RB's take way longer than others to "get their legs". Lynch is an injury and character concern who just got paid.

Tell me more about Trent Richardson and the prolific Cleveland Browns offense. Please.

Trent Richardson: 109 RuYd, RuTD (32), 36 ReYd, ReTD (23) = 26.5 points

Marshawn Lynch: 122 RuYd, RuTD (3) = 18.2 points

Me -- 2-0 on my way to another championship.

You 2 clowns getting owned again -- priceless.

Curious for some thoughts on this one, as with both Steven Jackson and Jamaal Charles a bit banged up, my RB situation becomes a little interesting. MJD and Sproles are locked into two starting spots, but it comes down to the swing spot. I could try to go with one of those two RBs, with Charles (@ NO) certainly having the much better match-up than Jackson (@ CHI). The other option is, I managed to snag Andre Brown off of waivers and with Bradshaw ruled out, he seems likely to get the start with a good match-up (@ CAR). Of course there's risk there considering it's only an assumption that he ends up taking the lead over Wilson again this week.

The other options would be receiver, of which my backups are Brandon LaFell (vs NYG) and Danny Amendola (@ CHI), who have both had a good first two weeks.

I'm leaning towards Brown, but it's definitely risky, and so am mostly debating between him and Charles. Any thoughts?

Curious for some thoughts on this one, as with both Steven Jackson and Jamaal Charles a bit banged up, my RB situation becomes a little interesting. MJD and Sproles are locked into two starting spots, but it comes down to the swing spot. I could try to go with one of those two RBs, with Charles (@ NO) certainly having the much better match-up than Jackson (@ CHI). The other option is, I managed to snag Andre Brown off of waivers and with Bradshaw ruled out, he seems likely to get the start with a good match-up (@ CAR). Of course there's risk there considering it's only an assumption that he ends up taking the lead over Wilson again this week.

The other options would be receiver, of which my backups are Brandon LaFell (vs NYG) and Danny Amendola (@ CHI), who have both had a good first two weeks.

I'm leaning towards Brown, but it's definitely risky, and so am mostly debating between him and Charles. Any thoughts?

If Charles is healthy (relatively speaking when talking about a guy who was out all of last year) after "aggravating" his injury this past week, I think you've got to roll with him against New Orleans. That's as juicy a matchup as any he'll have this year, and if he doesn't have a big game then, he never will. New Orleans has allowed 234 yards and 4 TD's to RB's this year so far.

Brown would be the play otherwise. After Wilson's fumble in Week 1 I find it hard to believe he'll be anything but the spell back for a long time. He's only had 5 carries in his first 2 games.

Steven Jackson hasn't practiced yet this week and has a capped ceiling anyways with his matchup @ Chicago. I think you're right to relegate him to option C.

If Charles is healthy (relatively speaking when talking about a guy who was out all of last year) after "aggravating" his injury this past week, I think you've got to roll with him against New Orleans. That's as juicy a matchup as any he'll have this year, and if he doesn't have a big game then, he never will. New Orleans has allowed 234 yards and 4 TD's to RB's this year so far.

Brown would be the play otherwise. After Wilson's fumble in Week 1 I find it hard to believe he'll be anything but the spell back for a long time. He's only had 5 carries in his first 2 games.

Steven Jackson hasn't practiced yet this week and has a capped ceiling anyways with his matchup @ Chicago. I think you're right to relegate him to option C.

So I switched over to Charles when it was reported he was back practicing and doing fine, although by the looks of things I'm starting to think maybe I should have gone with Brown. He's already put up more points than Charles did last week.

lol.

Hey man, Saints run D is even worse than the Panthers. I wouldn't put it past Charles to have an even bigger day than Brown.

Here's hoping so. The only good news is that when I benched Brown, I decided against LaFell as my #2 as well (who didn't do much) and all the while my opponent was starting Newton, who had a whole lot of nothing outside of that rushing TD. Plus, if Bradshaw remains out for any extended period of time, I've now got even more trade bate at RB.

So I've got myself in a very interesting fantasy situation right now. On the one hand, I continue kicking ass in the one league that I'm stocked up at RB, and still haven't made a trade, because nobody is offering me anything but sh*t, and I'm kicking ass with what I've got (leading the league in points), so I've got no real motivation to take a crappy offer.

On the other hand, my second league is driving me nuts. I started off 0-3 despite not actually doing all that badly (although certainly not great, had a bunch of underachievers early), but it seems every week whoever the hell I'm facing has their all-time greatest performance. I finally just locked up my first win of the season, and only because I was able to outscore my opponent who put up 127 points, despite being last in the league in scoring prior to that (234 pts through the first 3 weeks). Meanwhile, you've got other games going on in this league like the one that just finished up with a 67-62 final. Granted there's plenty of time to go and the way this league is looking, I doubt it'll take a ton of wins to make the playoffs (6-team playoffs), but this sh*t is really freakin' annoying.

On the other hand, my second league is driving me nuts. I started off 0-3 despite not actually doing all that badly (although certainly not great, had a bunch of underachievers early), but it seems every week whoever the hell I'm facing has their all-time greatest performance.

This. It's happened to me twice this season in one league. It's a very weird year so far.

This. It's happened to me twice this season in one league. It's a very weird year so far.

You can certainly say that again. I've never seen a fantasy season where pretty much all the top picks across the board have been complete disappointments, outside of maybe Foster and Rice. Then you've got a guy like Charles who was considered a high risk pick because of coming off an injury and coming back to a more crowded backfield, then after a horrendous week 2, he's completely tearing sh*t up. Plus you've got defenses putting up numbers like I've never seen before while TEs as a whole have pretty much become completely useless.

I've never seen a fantasy season where pretty much all the top picks across the board have been complete disappointments, outside of maybe Foster and Rice.

Trent Richards is doing quite well for me. Quite well indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes, and in both leagues it looks as though I will be BY FAR the highest point scoring loser, which has been the case in nearly all of my losses to date. If you want to know the best way to set your fantasy lineup, just ask me whoever the **** I'm facing, because they're all set to have career ****ing performances.

Since I see at the very least 80 is enjoying this, I figure I'll expand on this further for all of your pleasure. While obviously things could change based on tonight's scoring, it looks pretty set that my after this week I will be first and third in scoring in my two leagues, with records of 3-3 and 2-4 respectively. I can't help but just laugh at the ridiculousness of that.

Archived