•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Eric Smith – Injury Not Serious

eric smith

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Maxman

Maxman

Mr. Jet Nation

• Administrators
  • 58,536 posts
  • LocationJN Server Room

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:07 PM

by Phil Sullivan on August 10, 2012

New York Jets safety Eric Smith was injured in the Jets first preseason game tonight against the Cincinnati Bengals. Rex Ryan told the media during his post game press conference that it is a hip and knee injury. He had an XRay, which was negative, so Eric Smith is now listed as day-to-day.

Posted Image Brian Costello @BrianCoz

X-Rays negative on Eric Smith #nyj
10 Aug 12

Posted Image Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN

Eric Smith is actually day to day after X-rays on hip ad knee were negative, team says
10 Aug 12

The largest independent community of NY Jets fans on the web. Visit our blog, Facebook page and Twitter.

#2 JoeC36

JoeC36

JetNation's Keeper Of The Anals

• Moderators
  • 11,705 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

thats good news. you never want an injury, especially in the first preseason game. gotta feel for cincy with their 4 quick injuries.

289 Time Post of the Week Loser

#3 SMC

SMC

Day-to-day

• Members
  • 19,207 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

And somewhere in the cyberverse Bleedin Green weeps.
Posted Image

#4 yuvabuv

yuvabuv

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:02 AM

THANK GOD Eric Smith is ok!

#5 BigL

BigL

Puttin' It On

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

****! I was hoping it was career ending...
Calvin Pryor All-Pro 2014-2015 season

I'm 6'1, 225 lb's. of pure vanilla thunder. But, I am an absolute p*ssy in a fight and I have no doubt that Jay Feely would wreck me.

"I dunno I guess it was just the marijuanna talking there..."

"Talk slick ya get cha neck slit quick, cuz real street Nig*as ain't haven that Sh*t"

R.I.P Biggie, Pac, Big L, Big Pun, Rap in General

#6 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,078 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:47 AM

And somewhere in the cyberverse Bleedin Green weeps.

I said it the moment it happened in the game thread, I really didn't want the guy to be hurt. I mean come on, I'm not that big of a douche. I was still kind of hoping they'd rush him onto IR before even bothering with the x-rays though. In that case everyone would have won: he's healthy, he still gets paid, and we don't have to watch him trip and fall all over the field for the rest of the season.
By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#7 GREENBEAN

GREENBEAN

I may or may not like things

• Members
  • 3,298 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:10 AM

I said it the moment it happened in the game thread, I really didn't want the guy to be hurt. I mean come on, I'm not that big of a douche. I was still kind of hoping they'd rush him onto IR before even bothering with the x-rays though. In that case everyone would have won: he's healthy, he still gets paid, and we don't have to watch him trip and fall all over the field for the rest of the season.

It's good news for our special teams that's for sure. Eric Smith may niot be the guy we want starting, but as a ST player and depth he's really an asset in my opinion.
Why must the Jets make it possible for me to be ridiculed at work EVERY SINGLE YEAR??????

/Users/christopherteaney/Downloads/dark-elf-shaiya.jpg

#8 RutgersJetFan

RutgersJetFan

Bring me Solo and the Wookie

• Members
  • 16,609 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:15 AM

It's a huge sign of respect to Eric Smith that the Jets didn't purposefully misdiagnose him to push him out of the lineup - Future bitonti

(Chandler)'s a nice piece as long as he's the 7th most important player on your roster....I think they're going to be disappointed when they see he's just a pumped-up Drew Gooden.

#9 jetscanes331

jetscanes331

Believer

• Members
  • 687 posts
  • LocationQueens, NY

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:45 PM

MCL Injury - out for preseason.

#10 SayNoToDMC

SayNoToDMC

In search of terminally ill online girlfriend

• Members
  • 6,590 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

So we only have 11 starters on defense now?

28ad228d-4df6-4b64-b890-b5246112bd82.jpg

#11 kay_gee

kay_gee

full time Jets fan, part time troll

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 2,293 posts
  • Locationlive from New York

Posted 12 August 2012 - 01:18 PM

Smith is not as essential to the defense as he is to the special teams. He's versatile as a punt protecter. The Jets need him, especially if the o-line is this bad going forward. Sanchez won't survive long and then Tebow will be in at QB, also not punt protecting.

#12 stoicsentry

stoicsentry

Not Really Stoic

• Writers \ Bloggers
  • 8,671 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Smith is a hard hitter and not bad as depth. I still remember that time he laid out Welker so hard that he smacked the decal off his helmet. Or in 2008, that hit he put on Boldin (unfortunately, Boldin was badly injured).

In the playoffs against the Pats he was the one that made the tackle on the fake punt. He was also the guy who recovered the last onsides kick by the Pats to seal the game for us.

#13 The Gun Of Bavaria

The Gun Of Bavaria

Using Excessive Force

• Moderators
  • 17,339 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Michigan

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:14 PM

Thank god. I was looking forward to him playing poor defense all season.

637844091-amazing-pictures-pilot-s-jet-c

NY Jets Football: 45 Years of complete and utter incompetence.

#14 youngj00

youngj00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:23 PM

Smith is not as essential to the defense as he is to the special teams. He's versatile as a punt protecter. The Jets need him, especially if the o-line is this bad going forward. Sanchez won't survive long and then Tebow will be in at QB, also not punt protecting.

Man, you said it!

I can't help but wonder if this will REALLY open the door for another safety to step up. Yeremiah Bell or Antonio Allen (the rookie) must step up. Eric was a liability in coverage but he was a good ST'er. This will be a wild ride this year, at least in that secondary for sure.

Edited by youngj00, 12 August 2012 - 11:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users