Chad visits Jets camp to "tutor" QBs

nj meadowlands

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chad bashing to begin in 3.2.1

LOL I liked Chad. Really did. His injuries were a shame. He had a mediocre arm to begin with, but could get away with it before he started destroying his shoulder, at which point he was cooked. But you couldn't argue with his accuracy, leadership, and, heart. He led some good offenses behind that beast O-line, with Curtis, our pass catching fullbacks, and the "6 feet under" WR corps.

He was a very hard guy to dislike, and also pretty easy to make fun of. :animal0029:

The Oakland Raiders outed Chad in the playoffs in the '02 season -long before he ever hurt his shoulder for the first time- and then Bradway gave him eight hundred trillion dollars.

I mean, I don't know about "exposed". They had a mean and nasty defense this year, and had already seen the Jets once (a game in which Pennington played well). We're talkin about a season where Pennington completed nearly 69% of his passes (imagine Sanchez doing that?) with a TD-INT ratio of 22-6. The guy could definitely play. The Raiders did a great job of gameplanning for the Jets and forcing Pennington to attempt to play to his weaknesses, but I wouldn't call this exposure.

I mean, I don't know about "exposed". They had a mean and nasty defense this year, and had already seen the Jets once (a game in which Pennington played well). We're talkin about a season where Pennington completed nearly 69% of his passes (imagine Sanchez doing that?) with a TD-INT ratio of 22-6. The guy could definitely play. The Raiders did a great job of gameplanning for the Jets and forcing Pennington to attempt to play to his weaknesses, but I wouldn't call this exposure.

The Raiders taught the rest of the league how to play him, and he didn't have another notable season until he got to Miami. In between those two seasons, his TD:int rate was 58:49. Not a whole lot better than Sanchez' career 55:51.

Congratulations NY Jets, you managed to dig up the one person in the world who I wanted to see at Jets training camp even less than Tim Tebow. Maybe he's teaching them the finer arts of how to explain that their god awful play isn't actually their fault and why the INTs they throw weren't actually bad passes or decisions.

Of course not. Did we expose Brady in Rex's first game in 09' where he passed for like 100 yards and had a terrible rating. The Raiders played a good game.

Many are so blinded by hate they refuse to acknowledge the CBPOTY, 2nd in MVP Voting, or numerous playoff appearences post exposure.

No, Chad was exposed in that 2002 playoff game. The Raiders pressured Chad and pressed the receivers and Chad had no answer because he didn't have the arm strength to fit the ball in tight spots.

The problem is that Chad didn't train properly enough going into the 2003 season. Fans shouldve seen the writing on the wall when in an interview that offseason Chad was asked whether he'd work on his arm strength and he said, 'No, you don't need a rocket arm to win games," or something to that effect.

Many QBs have worked on improving their arm strength, knowing the importance of fitting the ball into tight windows by velocity. Brady, Brees, and others have done that. Chad, for whatever reason, thought his arm strength was good enough. Then the 2003 preseason came and he broke his wrist. His arm strength didn't improve and then the 2004 shoulder injury happened and that was it.

Of course not. Did we expose Brady in Rex's first game in 09' where he passed for like 100 yards and had a terrible rating. The Raiders played a good game.

Many are so blinded by hate they refuse to acknowledge the CBPOTY, 2nd in MVP Voting, or numerous playoff appearences post exposure.

The difference is Tom Brady wasn't dog sh*t for the remainder of his NFL career after that, Chad unfortunately cannot say the same. You've already been proven wrong in this debate enough times over the years that there's no real need to get into it again.

^^ Thinks a "tried hard" medal should be added to the olympics

"Mark, pssst, c'mere. Yeah. Listen, you wanna keep your job? Get that completion percentage up. People looooooove completion percentage. You go 9 for 10, it doesn't matter how many yards it's for--people are gonna talk about that 9 for 10, man. Let the other guy throw it down the field. That's low percentage. You wanna be high percentage. You feel me?"

No, Chad was exposed in that 2002 playoff game. The Raiders pressured Chad and pressed the receivers and Chad had no answer because he didn't have the arm strength to fit the ball in tight spots.

The problem is that Chad didn't train properly enough going into the 2003 season. Fans shouldve seen the writing on the wall when in an interview that offseason Chad was asked whether he'd work on his arm strength and he said, 'No, you don't need a rocket arm to win games," or something to that effect.

Many QBs have worked on improving their arm strength, knowing the importance of fitting the ball into tight windows by velocity. Brady, Brees, and others have done that. Chad, for whatever reason, thought his arm strength was good enough. Then the 2003 preseason came and he broke his wrist. His arm strength didn't improve and then the 2004 shoulder injury happened and that was it.

The problem is Chad was a giant douche bag. He was convinced of his own non-existent greatness and saw no faults in his play. Every time he played like sh*t we got to hear him ramble on about how he wouldn't have changed a thing and he thought he had a great game, followed by the list of bullsh*t reasons why what happened on the field did not reflect that whatsoever. So when you consider that outside of a 12 game stretch in 2002, he was mediocre at best, when that mediocre QB sees absolutely no need to even try to improve his play, it's no surprise that Chad's career was the giant turd that it was.

You suck at this game.

The problem is Chad was a giant douche bag. He was convinced of his own non-existent greatness and saw no faults in his play. Every time he played like sh*t we got to hear him ramble on about how he wouldn't have changed a thing and he thought he had a great game, followed by the list of bullsh*t reasons why what happened on the field did not reflect that whatsoever. So when you consider that outside of a 12 game stretch in 2002, he was mediocre at best, when that mediocre QB sees absolutely no need to even try to improve his play, it's no surprise that Chad's career was the giant turd that it was.

Yeah, Chad did have a hard time accepting responsibility and then he'd do the chicken sh*t thing in saying, "It's always on the QB" after he blamed other things which is simply saying, "I know I'm not at fault, but I'll play the martyr so you can think I'm a team first guy."

I think it was the infamous "Shades of Montana" magazine cover in 2003 that did him in.

Archived